Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Aaron20
click the emails you get
What emails? The 5 pointers have almost completely disappeared! (at least for me lately.)
Old May 14, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
What emails? The 5 pointers have almost completely disappeared! (at least for me lately.)
I still get 2-4 a day everyday. Perhaps updating your profile will help? Also, have you purchased anything from them recently? I think they send more emails out to people who respond to some of their offers.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I still get 2-4 a day everyday. Perhaps updating your profile will help? Also, have you purchased anything from them recently? I think they send more emails out to people who respond to some of their offers.
+1
Old May 15, 2011, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Also, make sure they're not in your spam folder. I get between 1-5 five point emails a day and 5-10 surveys a week. Combined with the 75 points a month for search, my average is 150 points a week in free points.

But the real benefit is the promotions that come randomly every once in a while (500 points x2 for buying yourself $10 starbucks gift cards; 500 points for buying yourself $5 target/olive garden gift cards around christmas; 5,000 points for opening an optionsXpress brokerage account with $100, to transfer out later; and this last week, 1,100 points to open up a "betterment.com" account with a $10 deposit).

It's not incredibly lucrative, but if you pay a little attention, you can get $100-$200 a year out of it for very little time/money/effort. Personally, I love it.

Last edited by Aaron20; May 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm
Old May 15, 2011, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Aaron20
Also, make sure they're not in your spam folder. I get between 1-5 five point emails a day and 5-10 surveys a week. Combined with the 75 points a month for search, my average is 150 points a week in free points.
I've actually set up a separate filter in my email so that any MyPoints emails go into one folder that I clean out every few days.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:48 pm

Apparently The Cheesecake Factory Gift Cards are going over wells as My Points Rewards. All the $50 and $25 have been redeemed this week. Hopefully the get these back in.
Old May 21, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Hi

can 2 seperate accounts put miles into a single UAL milage plus account ?

So can my girlfriend work her points up and change points to UAL miles and put them in my UAL account , and then when I get enough points I convert mine and also put them in my UAL account ,

She spends a lot more $$$$ at places that you get MyPoint points from ,
I spend my extra money on car parts !

Thanks for your thoughts

Rally
Old May 22, 2011, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by rally
Hi

So can my girlfriend work her points up and change points to UAL miles and put them in my UAL account , and then when I get enough points I convert mine and also put them in my UAL account ,

Thanks for your thoughts

Rally
I'd advise against it. They've been known to kill both accounts on those who have multiple accounts. I realize your situation is different, but they'd probably freeze both accounts first and then ask questions later. If you want to take that risk, that's your decision. It's not what I'd do, but YMMV.
Old May 22, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by kipper
Hi

I'd advise against it. They've been known to kill both accounts on those who have multiple accounts. I realize your situation is different, but they'd probably freeze both accounts first and then ask questions later. If you want to take that risk, that's your decision. It's not what I'd do, but YMMV.
Don't know about the account freeze but once your UAL/MP account is linked to MyPoints, you can't link it to another MyPoints account. MyPoints system will simply reject it. Meaning one UA account can only be associated with one MyPoints account. Once that UA account is in the system, you can't "reuse" nor re-associate it with a different MyPoints.

What I do know is when Mypoints closes your account for whatever reasons, it will be close to impossible to have them reopen it or prove your "innocence."
Old May 22, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Hi

Thanks for your advise , I did not know , Girlfriend will never get enough points to get a flight , I guess she can get gift cards

Rally
Old May 24, 2011, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Hi

Thanks for your advise , I did not know , Girlfriend will never get enough points to get a flight , I guess she can get gift cards

Rally
There are plenty of other ways to earn miles. Go to www.united.com , click on "Mileage Plus", then click on "Earn Miles."

Or, if for some reason she doesn't want to do any of those things, there are also tons of ways to redeem whatever miles she has accumulated -- even small amounts (e.g., magazine subscriptions, donations). Go to www.united.com , click on "Mileage Plus", click on "Use Miles."

(Also, earning or redeeming United miles by whatever means will postpone the expiration date on the remaining miles by 18 months.)
Old May 27, 2011, 11:18 am

Unhappy

I hope they get the $50 GC for The Cheesecake Factory back in as Rewards. They still only have the $10.
Old May 27, 2011, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Saas
I hope they get the $50 GC for The Cheesecake Factory back in as Rewards. They still only have the $10.
Just be patient!!! @:-)

As has already been posted numerous times, the gift cards of various popular retailers (e.g., Amazon, Target, etc.) often go out of stock (either in a particular denomination, or occasionally in all denominations), then reappear within a few weeks.

(But, perhaps I should not expect FlyerTalkers to be patient people. )
Old May 28, 2011, 9:18 pm

Hi

How long does it take for points from an Ebay purchase to show up on the MyPoints account ?

This is my first time trying it with Ebay and I just want to make sure I did it right, I did click thru the mypoints.com website to get to ebay,
But I could not figure out from the URL if I was logged in for the points.

Thanks for your help

Rally
Old May 29, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
How long does it take for points from an Ebay purchase to show up on the MyPoints account ?
Sometimes a week, sometimes 2-3 weeks, sometimes after you email customer service after 30 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.