Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
Mypoints-magazine.com

Be on the lookout for a $5 gift card from 500 My points per subscription offer from magazine.com. There are several $5 3 month subscriptions you can use with yoru $5 gift card
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by aerospace
Normally when that happens, you should get kicked back to the Mypoints homepage with the message "This Offer Already Taken"
Exactly, and that is the problem. They deny you the points. You are sent a new email like it is a new survey. You are given no way to know it is a recycle, so you take the time to answer all the preliminary questions, and then they sandbag you by denying you the points. That is just dishonest. They should either not send out an email on a survey you have already taken, or if they do they owe you the points for your trouble and should have the honesty to award them.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Daily 5 pt Click-thrus

Has anyone else experienced the 5 point click-thru messages have ceased? The last time I received one was Dec. 14; for years I've received 2-3/day. Checked my profile and it's okay. I get surveys every once in awhile now, used to be almost daily as well.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
"Has anyone else experienced the 5 point click-thru messages have ceased?..."

Not me. I just stopped receiving the ads on Friday 12/31/10 and haven't received any since. For about the last couple of weeks before then EVERY AD had a 5-MyPoint click-through, which it wasn't always the case before...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Transferring a Reward to Another Person

Sorry if this has been answered before - I seem to remember something but my search of this thread didn't pull up the answer.

I would like to cash in points for a UA Mileage Plus award and have it deposited into my wife's mileage plus account. Is that possible and if so, how do I do it? Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFF
Sorry if this has been answered before - I seem to remember something but my search of this thread didn't pull up the answer.

I would like to cash in points for a UA Mileage Plus award and have it deposited into my wife's mileage plus account. Is that possible and if so, how do I do it? Thanks.

It should work if you haven't yet redeemed any points for UA miles from that account. Once you assign a UA FF number to the MyPoints account, it can't be changed. And it doesn't have to be your number...it can be your wife's.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
5000 United mile redemption not available

For the past 2 days, the 10000 Mypoints for 5000 United miles redemption has not been available, and it's not making me happy.

5100 Mypoints are required for 2500 United miles (which is still available), so I'm in effect being forced to use an additional 200 Mypoints in order to redeem for 5000 United miles.

When I contacted them about this, Customer Service merely said that redemption opportunities change all the time. Not very helpful of them.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 5:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Is this gone????

Originally Posted by PSGlenn
It's been around for a while now. It sort of morphs around various events and holidays to keep people interested. I 'win' 5 points every 10-20 attempts!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 1:52 pm

The Daily Spin and Win disappeared on Jan. 1.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by lhs323
For the past 2 days, the 10000 Mypoints for 5000 United miles redemption has not been available, and it's not making me happy.

5100 Mypoints are required for 2500 United miles (which is still available), so I'm in effect being forced to use an additional 200 Mypoints in order to redeem for 5000 United miles.

When I contacted them about this, Customer Service merely said that redemption opportunities change all the time. Not very helpful of them.
Same thing happened to me last year, and I got the same answer from CS when the 2500 mile award disappeared. But it didn't take long for it to return...I think it was about a week.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 3:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bob12403
Same thing happened to me last year, and I got the same answer from CS when the 2500 mile award disappeared. But it didn't take long for it to return...I think it was about a week.
Thanks for letting me know your experience. It's now been almost 4 days and still not up, but let's hope the 5000 mile award comes back over the next week.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Amazon cert also disappears today. I was able to redeem yesterday but it's no longer there today.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, CO Plat, UA 1P, FB Plat, Marriott PLT, PC Plat, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by wsflyer
The Daily Spin and Win disappeared on Jan. 1.
Between that at the thinning 5-point clickthroughs, Mypoints is hardly worth the effort IMO.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:05 pm

I still am getting 5 pt click thrus!!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Amazon and United

I'm still getting the 5 point click thrus.

But yes, the United reward of 5k miles for 10k Mypoints is also gone for me. This happened some years ago, and it came back. Back then there was no incentive to wait for 10k mypoints to redeem on UA, because you could get 2.5k UA miles for 5k mypoints, which was the same ration of 5k miles for 10k points. Now it's 2.5k UA miles for 5.1k mypoints, so there is a small incentive to wait to get to 10k mypoints. I'm at about 8.2k mypoints, and was waiting to redeem until I got to 10k, so I'm hoping it returns.

Re amazon, that's also gone for me. I did a search on mypoints.com for amazon, and it comes up on the screen and says that amazon does not provide mypoints for amazon purchases, but that a link to amazon.com is provided for convenience. Wonder if this means amazon didn't think the relationship was worth it??? tls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.