Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I would not be surprised to see United disappear completely from MyPoints as a reward option sometime this year. I suspect Continental will take a close look at this partnership to decide if it is worth allowing redemptions into the new "UA." You could never redeem for Continental miles. I believe the UA-MyPoints connection is leftover from the days when United invested in MyPoints.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I would not be surprised to see United disappear completely from MyPoints as a reward option sometime this year. I suspect Continental will take a close look at this partnership to decide if it is worth allowing redemptions into the new "UA." You could never redeem for Continental miles. I believe the UA-MyPoints connection is leftover from the days when United invested in MyPoints.
I hope this doesn't happen as that is where all of my points have gone to. I have bought lots of Entertainment books where I at least break even on redemptions and get 1500 points per book. UA seems to be eliminating more and more 2ndary sources - Safeway gone, Diners Club gone, Starwood AMEX ratio cut in half.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
MyPoints Printable Grocery Coupons- No longer :(

One could formerly visit MyPoints and receive 10 MyPoints for every grocery coupon printed and redeemed through the MyPoints link for Coupons.com

The link has since disappeared, and below is the response I received from MyPoints Customer Service:
-------------------------------------

Dear Max M,

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

Unfortunately, Grocery Coupons is not a current participant on the MyPoints site. Offers on the MyPoints site may change from time-to-time, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please be sure to check the site to see great offers that are currently available. Thank you for your valued membership.

Sincerely,

MyPoints Member Services
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Max M
One could formerly visit MyPoints and receive 10 MyPoints for every grocery coupon printed and redeemed through the MyPoints link for Coupons.com

The link has since disappeared, and below is the response I received from MyPoints Customer Service:
-------------------------------------

Dear Max M,

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

Unfortunately, Grocery Coupons is not a current participant on the MyPoints site. Offers on the MyPoints site may change from time-to-time, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please be sure to check the site to see great offers that are currently available. Thank you for your valued membership.

Sincerely,

MyPoints Member Services
Thanks for the headsup. For me, they won't be greatly missed...I redeemed a number of coupons from them, and never received a single point. After a while, I just gave up (although the $1 off coupons for Newman's pizza were nice while they lasted!)
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by bob12403
Thanks for the headsup. For me, they won't be greatly missed...I redeemed a number of coupons from them, and never received a single point. After a while, I just gave up (although the $1 off coupons for Newman's pizza were nice while they lasted!)
Yeah, receiving credit was really hit or miss for me as well with the MyPoints Grocery coupons.

Funny enough, the link for Grocery Coupons is now appearing again.

Go fig.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:25 pm

It appears that MyPoints has changed grocery coupon vendors:

I got a Mypoints email about "Cellfire" providing grocery coupons.

Earn 10 Points for every Coupons.com coupon you print and redeem. Find your favorites, shop at your grocery, save money while you earn Points, it's that easy!Plus earn 25 Bonus Points when you print and redeem any 10 or more coupons.com, or SmartSource.com coupons or save and redeem any 10 or more Cellfire.com coupons in a month.Coupon FinderPowered by Cellfire.com
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The printable coupons are still there when I go to mypoints.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I contacted Mypoints to ask why the 10k Mypoints for 5 UA miles was no longer there, and if it would be coming back. Below is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Member Services.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in the Redeem Points portion of the MyPoints Program. At MyPoints, we strive to have a variety of vendors available to maximize Point-spending opportunities for our members. Unfortunately 5,000 United miles rewards are not available for redemption at this time. Offers on the MyPoints site may change from time-to-time, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please be sure to check the "Redeem" section of the site to see great offers that are currently available. In addition, please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your valued membership.

Sincerely,
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thelostshark

Thank you for contacting Member Services.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in the Redeem Points portion of the MyPoints Program. At MyPoints, we strive to have a variety of vendors available to maximize Point-spending opportunities for our members. Unfortunately 5,000 United miles rewards are not available for redemption at this time. Offers on the MyPoints site may change from time-to-time, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please be sure to check the "Redeem" section of the site to see great offers that are currently available. In addition, please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your valued membership.

Sincerely,
Their response is so typical of most MyPoints responses. They tell you what you already know but don't tell you when or if it will change.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:34 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Their response is so typical of most MyPoints responses. They tell you what you already know but don't tell you when or if it will change.
The only thing definite with MyPoints is change. Wait a day or two and it usually comes back. Besides, your just clicking open emails, so....
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by rbAA
The only thing definite with MyPoints is change. Wait a day or two and it usually comes back. Besides, your just clicking open emails, so....
Because they are changing so frequently, my fear is that the 2.5K UA will disappear, too. Let's hope not.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by morgan1929
It appears that MyPoints has changed grocery coupon vendors:

I got a Mypoints email about "Cellfire" providing grocery coupons.

Earn 10 Points for every Coupons.com coupon you print and redeem. Find your favorites, shop at your grocery, save money while you earn Points, it's that easy!Plus earn 25 Bonus Points when you print and redeem any 10 or more coupons.com, or SmartSource.com coupons or save and redeem any 10 or more Cellfire.com coupons in a month.Coupon FinderPowered by Cellfire.com
As I understand it, Cellfire is simply a way of carring the coupons with you. I have downloaded coupons to my grocery 'members card' for a particular store and when you scan both the member card and the item it credits the coupon value. It saves you from printing out the coupons and trying to remember to take them with you.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 3:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
And now Hyatt too

I'm pretty sure that as recent as a month or 2 ago Mypoints offered a Hyatt redemption at $75 certificate, and now it just offers $25 & $50 certs. Seems to be a theme here. The higher value awards are (or were) better value in $ per points, so this is basically a devaluing of the program. tls
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:06 am

But now they're back

Originally Posted by adamak
Amazon cert also disappears today. I was able to redeem yesterday but it's no longer there today.
Amazon was gone for me too, but now they're back (7400 mypoint gets you 50 Amazon cert). tls
Old Jan 17, 2011, 7:58 pm

I wish that MyPoints emailed Amazon.com certificates like many other rewards sites do. It's faster, more convenient for members and you'd think they'd want to cut down on the snail-mail/paper overhead.

In somewhat related news, they now have a PayPal cash redemption option (at least for some). Point/dollar rates are horrible, but it's cash and it's quick. I ordered $50 on January 12th and it was fulfilled today, the 17th (a holiday, so turnaround of five calendar days, two business days). No paper to worry about (welcome to the 21st century, MyPoints).

But a close relative informs she doesn't have the same option. No PayPal listed in her "Rewards" section at all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.