Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:03 pm

I gave up on MyPoints years ago after my email account was compromised and the hackers drained my MyPoints. I know it wasn't MyPoints fault, but I spent a long time earning up a bunch of points for them to be stolen. So I just quit. The time investment was starting to be too much.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:39 pm

I was disappointed with the changes to the videos too. For a few years I could click on a video and they would play for 5 or 6 hours. easy way to get points. I went almost 3 years getting my daily goal for points. Too bad that method is gone.
ShopAround likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:30 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Shagboy
Just wondering, since this thread has been pretty dead, is anyone here still using MyPoints? I am still plugging away and redeeming for 25,000m United miles a year.
I only use it when there’s charity offers. Otherwise, I’ve mostly stopped. Same with e-Rewards. Not enough time in my day to bother.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:23 pm

i got disqualified from taking surveys a few years ago due to inappropriate responses. Now I use Peanut Labs as they count as surveys for the daily To-Do-List and take surveys from RevU under the Discover tab. Usually can complete a handful each day.
For every change made to make earning points harder, we just have to look for alternative methods. I refuse to spend money on the site or through any od their links.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Here's a perfect example of why MyPoints sucks - I just completed an entire survey about personal and business credit cards and after it thanked me, it said I was disqualified and awarded just five points.

When I've complained about this, they respond with a bulls#it response that's just an auto-reply and when I've pushed, they say it's the the third party's fault. But if MyPoints lets the survey companies (in this case, webtraffic.datacollectionsite.com) get away with this, they'll just keep abusing the amount of data they mine with no payout.

arollins likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Here's a perfect example of why MyPoints sucks - I just completed an entire survey about personal and business credit cards and after it thanked me, it said I was disqualified and awarded just five points.

When I've complained about this, they respond with a bulls#it response that's just an auto-reply and when I've pushed, they say it's the the third party's fault. But if MyPoints lets the survey companies (in this case, webtraffic.datacollectionsite.com) get away with this, they'll just keep abusing the amount of data they mine with no payout.

This is something that increased drastically for some time. Complete survey and right at the end it disqualifies you. I've stopped most of the survey due to its data mining all for 5pts, 10 minute time, no worth it
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:08 pm

Over the years I have found MyPoints is not responsible for anything on their site. They are just aggregators and all they do is get paid for allowing third parties to post offers on their page. This is why I never spend money at MyPoints and seldom complain. They border on being irresponsible and spammy but I still take a little time each day to get points to redeem for United miles. As always, user beware..
Old May 9, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I've been noticing that there is an increase in those surveys where the payout will be 4-6 weeks latter. Has anyone participated successfully in those? I'm skeptical on those, usually as soon as I encounter one I always decline the offer. I'm not going to remember 4-6 weeks latter that i participated in some survey for a future payout, let alone provide my phone # to be contacted on it. Email address no problem as I have a "junk" email that I use specifically for this type of things. Just curious if anyone has had one.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by arollins
I've been noticing that there is an increase in those surveys where the payout will be 4-6 weeks latter. Has anyone participated successfully in those? I'm skeptical on those, usually as soon as I encounter one I always decline the offer. I'm not going to remember 4-6 weeks latter that i participated in some survey for a future payout, let alone provide my phone # to be contacted on it. Email address no problem as I have a "junk" email that I use specifically for this type of things. Just curious if anyone has had one.
I've noticed that, too, and also just close out of them. Usually I want to just knock off a survey to reach the daily goal and a survey that delays payout won't help with that. And I also use a junk Gmail account as well as a Google voice number when that's required.
arollins likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:50 am

As of June 1, videos are no longer available from MyPoints or Swagbucks. (They have common ownership.). On the MyPoints Facebook page someone commented that Swagbucks had made some kind of announcement to that effect but I don't recall seeing one from MyPoints.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by runchadrun
As of June 1, videos are no longer available from MyPoints or Swagbucks.
Not surprising- they were fading out for a long time as advertisers discovered they weren’t getting all that much for the money spent.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:42 pm

Dead Thread?

The last post in this thread is from June of 2022. Are people still using MyPoints? I am still hanging in there and getting my daily goal but my enthusiasm wanes. I like to redeem for 25,000 United miles a year without spending anything but my time. Maybe not the best use of my time but it's generally just 30 minutes a day.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I still do a little and redeem for some United miles here and there but it’s a lower priority than running through my e-Rewards surveys every day. (I’m more in need of hotel points than miles right now)
Old Apr 6, 2023, 6:43 pm

I use e-rewards too but probably do better on MyPoints, better luck with the surveys.
There is a strong interest in e-rewards here on FT but I haven-t seen much, if anything about Opinion Miles Club. I do surveys for Hawaiian Airlines and United.
Anybody else do these surveys?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:48 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Shagboy
The last post in this thread is from June of 2022. Are people still using MyPoints? I am still hanging in there and getting my daily goal but my enthusiasm wanes. I like to redeem for 25,000 United miles a year without spending anything but my time. Maybe not the best use of my time but it's generally just 30 minutes a day.
I use it from time to time, but mostly for bonuses off charitable donations. The offers have mostly dried up and the last time I've redeemed was 18 months ago. Prodege also administers Upromise, and does a much better job there than on MyPoints even though it's ridiculously hard to get customer support on both platforms. I honestly don't think it's worth using this site anymore, but I'm almost at another redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.