Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:23 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
I've really had a hard time with my account lately. I've reset my password at least 3 times in the last 5 months or so and I can't log in, but for some reason, I can to the daily 5 tasks and the click through emails without issue.
Are you using a VPN? If so, stop it.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Has anyone done the Glilette deal of 6500 points for $7? That seems too good to be true.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by uxb
Are you using a VPN? If so, stop it.
No, I don't have a VPN. I will keep trying and cash out. Thanks for the tip though.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by linsj
Has anyone done the Glilette deal of 6500 points for $7? That seems too good to be true.
What's the deal?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
I do believe it's like the U$5 Dollar Shave Club offer (also available from MyP), but for a P&G (Gillette's owners) sponsored club of their own (Dollar and Dorco have been "shaving P&G's profits" lately).

So, as long as you CANCEL ON TIME (this is a very large company, so don't worry more than usual) you should get some MyP "on the cheap".

PS: Wonder when Edgewell (the Schick, Wilkinson Sword and Edge owners) will come with their own club?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
What's the deal?
Spend $7 & Earn 6,500 Points!

$3 Off First Order! Make your first purchase of Gillette on Demand for only $7 and earn 6,500 Points!

Disclaimer: *Please allow up to 32 days for your Points to be credited to your account. Offer may only be redeemed (1) one time per user.

ETA: I decided to sign up and chose 6 months for next shipment--to give me plenty of time to fight for the points if I needed to. Within minutes the 6500 points appeared in my account with a 30-day hold. Definitely one of--if not the--best $ to points offers.

Last edited by linsj; Aug 27, 2018 at 7:07 am Reason: more info
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:39 am

Has anyone else noticed a change to the "Daily 5" as of November 1st. They changed the available options to earn your five bonus points basically making it impossible to earn the bonus unless you watch a video and complete a survey. Some of the button links also result in an error message.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:05 pm

I noticed that too, now all I can do for points are click through emails and the occasional Best Buy purchase. I can't answer surveys because when they changed to want legit answers, they said mine were too scattered (I would just pick randomly to get the survey done as quickly as possible) and I have to call in to be allowed to answer more surveys.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by dioxide45
Has anyone else noticed a change to the "Daily 5" as of November 1st. They changed the available options to earn your five bonus points basically making it impossible to earn the bonus unless you watch a video and complete a survey. Some of the button links also result in an error message.
Yeah, it really stinks now. I probably won't bother with Monthly Goals for November, as that requires a minimum of four "Daily 5" completions during the month. Hopefully, they will at least fix the non-functioning (non-crediting) links in the Daily 5.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Yeah, it really stinks now. I probably won't bother with Monthly Goals for November, as that requires a minimum of four "Daily 5" completions during the month. Hopefully, they will at least fix the non-functioning (non-crediting) links in the Daily 5.
Yeah, I always set my "Daily 5" goal to 25 as I did them every day and got 35 bonus points just for that. Certainly won't get anywhere close to that this month. Though I was able to get the Daily 5 yesterday somehow as one of the other links worked and only had to answer the 10 quick surveys under "Your Survey Profile" to qualify for a survey.

I think the problem is that they have a Daily 5 item of "Eearn Points from Discover". But it isn't for Discover card. There was always a Daily 5 that was merchant specific and I think this one is supposed to be it, but it just goes to a MyPoints page.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
It looks like, as it is with Swagbucks, running a round of 'Laptop Guy' videos when he shows up under Sponsored Videos checks off the 'Discover' task for the Daily 5.
arollins likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by klew97
I noticed that too, now all I can do for points are click through emails and the occasional Best Buy purchase. I can't answer surveys because when they changed to want legit answers, they said mine were too scattered (I would just pick randomly to get the survey done as quickly as possible) and I have to call in to be allowed to answer more surveys.
I've noticed the change as well to MP. I also was looked out of doing surveys as I answered a some of their "for classification" questions in error a couple of times. It took me about 4 months to be in MP jail, and then I contacted them a few times on it in order to allow me to participate in surveys. I refuse to do nCrave, as I do not want to allow pop ups on my computer, and find them useless.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:59 pm

Another change as of the first of the month is the decrease in nCrave points from three to two for most videos. Most sets now start with a six point set, then a five point set and then two for all the rest. I tend to run them for days at a time, or until the computer locks up and I really notice this devaluation. I still manage 5000 United miles a month thanks to any completed surveys.
It will be interesting to see what other changes might be in store...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by klew97
Of course, they want legitimate answers for the surveys.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:23 pm

Has anyone else had problems with points posting today? For the last hour or so I get no points for either nCrave or Sponsored videos. Hopefully this will be soon corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.