Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
BYE BYE Ebay points

just got this email from MyPoints,,,,,,

Starting June 16, 2011, you will no longer be able to earn Points through eBay. eBay has decided to take a temporary break from advertising with companies who offer consumers a reward for shopping, like MyPoints. This will not affect pending Points or Points you have already earned by shopping with or joining eBay.

We're sorry for any short-term inconvenience this may cause and will let you know when we can offer Points on your eBay purchases.

As a special bon voyage, shop eBay via MyPoints through June 15, 2011 and you'll get Double Points! Plus, make 2 or more purchases and earn a one-time, 200-Point bonus.

And don't forget that many of the items you currently purchase through eBay may be available from other Double Points partners like Walmart, Overstock.com or others in our 1,000+ merchant network.

And I just started using them.......Ohh Well......

RB
Old Jun 4, 2011, 8:59 am

Shopping tally

Has anyone received the $10 gift card for the 4 online purchases? I reached 4 purchases a couple of weeks ago and my tally reflects it, but so far no gift card, points, correspondence, etc. Curious how it works. Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by CZ7922
Has anyone received the $10 gift card for the 4 online purchases? I reached 4 purchases a couple of weeks ago and my tally reflects it, but so far no gift card, points, correspondence, etc. Curious how it works. Thanks.
A few weeks after I made 4 purchases, they added points to my account. The line item looks like this:

04-13-11

MyPoints Shopping Tally - Bonus Points!

Earn

+1650 Points
Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:00 am

As of last night Gift Cards for The Cheesecake Factory are back in the Rewards section of MyPoints. I picked up a $50.00 one last night.

Might want to get them fast, the last time they were in stock they didn't last long.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
5 point bonusmail offers done????

Of the last 10 bonusmail emails I have received from Mypoints, only 2 or 3 have offered 5 points for clicking on the email.

Have other people been experiencing something similar? If this becomes the new norm, the value of Mypoints will drop significantly...
Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by lhs323
Of the last 10 bonusmail emails I have received from Mypoints, only 2 or 3 have offered 5 points for clicking on the email.

Have other people been experiencing something similar? If this becomes the new norm, the value of Mypoints will drop significantly...
Not done, but you are correct about the diminishing number of bonus mails for 5 points. This phenomenon has been going on for quite some time.

Mike
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mikeef
Not done, but you are correct about the diminishing number of bonus mails for 5 points. This phenomenon has been going on for quite some time.

Mike
I hadn't paid attention to whether or not the emails offered 5 points for clicking. However, going through the ones I have waiting, I see that of the 3, only 1 offers 5 points.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:18 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Same thing here, most of the BonusMail's I have received over the past two weeks were all no pointers. I don't click them.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
Same thing here, most of the BonusMail's I have received over the past two weeks were all no pointers. I don't click them.
Same here. This along with the lost opportunity for points from ebay means I will probably be done with MyPoints after my next redemption.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm getting far more 5-points e-mails than no-points bonus ones. The latter seem to come in cycles with an uptick in the past week. But the others haven't slowed down for me.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
the pattern continued today where 75% of the emails didn't offer 5 points

please DONT click on these - if advertisers don't get enough clicks, Mypoints will be forced to start giving 5 points again for these Bonusmails
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
I have also noticed the increasing number of no point emails. But there is even something worse going on.

I have been receiving about once a day a duplicate email of one received earlier. They promise points but clicking on them produces nothing. I would say I have had at least a dozen of those this month alone. There is no way to tell in advance if points will post by clicking on one of the "duplicate" emails.

Keep your eyes open for those.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:46 pm

I just clicked on a survey mail advertising the opportunity to complete 5 surveys for 65 points each. I clicked on it and it basically bunched together at least 5 survey opportunities. I completed 2 of them and did not qualify for multiple others and after each one there was no opportunity to exit, it just started in to another survey. I can only take doing surveys on a computer for so long but I did not want to close the window for fear of losing the points I had already accumulated. Finally after almost 2 hours there was no more opportunities but it did not redirect to mypoints or anything. I did not get credited for the 2 surveys I completed. Very odd. I have contacted Mypoints asking for points and I will never do another mypoints survey after that experience.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:55 pm

I got a total of 7 survey emails today and qualified for none of them, so a quick 70 points. And two emails with 5 points. People shouldn't be upset about the phasing out of the 5 point clicks because you can still make points very easily without much effort.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Aaron20
People shouldn't be upset about the phasing out of the 5 point clicks because you can still make points very easily without much effort.
I agree. These are free points that don't cost anything and you can exchange them for Gift Cards or Miles. I received 5 emails today. 3 were worth 5 points so I clicked on them. The other 2 weren't, but 1 of the 2 informed me that Overstock.com was offering free shipping, something I've been waiting on.

While I didn't click on the link in the email, it was useful information and I will be ordering stuff from Overstock tonight due to the free shipping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.