Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:45 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
New Travel Redemption Option

Looks like MyPoints is now offering another travel redemption option with a company called VacationsDirect.com --- MyPoints is offering Electronic Vouchers in $25 denominated amounts from $25-$100.

From a quick glimpse at VacationsDirect.com, they apprear to be a legit travel site/agency, so I wonder if Hotel bookings through them would qualify for hotel loyalty points, since most hotel loyalty programs these days make you book direct with the hotel chain to earn the points.

With that said, for those not interested in the current hotel giftcard options, or United Mileage Plus miles options from MyPoints, this brings about a new choice.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Max M
Looks like MyPoints is now offering another travel redemption option with a company called VacationsDirect.com --- MyPoints is offering Electronic Vouchers in $25 denominated amounts from $25-$100.
I'm almost positive this is the same company I had a $25 cert for last year and didn't use because the hotel prices were more expensive than booking directly on the hotel sites. So check it out before redeeming.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:06 pm

The 5 point ad bonuses, I suspect, are geared toward specific users/specific user patterns. My wife and I both have mypoints accounts and generally receive the same emails on a daily basis, with the rare exception. Over the past three months, however, many of the offers she receives have not included a 5-point click-thru bonus, while the same offer I receive has. Same exact email, one with the offer and one without, to two different accounts.

I am not sure what determine the version someone receives.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:42 pm

MyPoints & Walmart Gift Cert Purchases

Does anyone know if you earn mypoints when you purchase Walmart Gift cards? They are currently offering 10 points on Walmart purchases. The banners say on "everything" and the helpful people at mypoints dodge the question with quotes of their policy and never really answer the direct question about the gift cards.

I was going to try to purchase a $10 gift card but the transaction keep getting cancelled and noone can really tell me why?

Can anyone provide some insight?

Has anyone received mypoints for Walmart Gift Cards?

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I can't specifically address Wal-Mart gift cards, but typically, buying gift cards from merchants will not earn points.

The MyPoints FAQ's state, "Will I earn Points for buying gift cards from MyPoints merchants?

Unless specifically stated in the offer details, you won't earn Points for gift card or gift certificate purchases."
Old Jul 4, 2011, 6:05 am

United 2500 Mileage Redemption

I don't know if it's temporary or particular to my account, but the option of redeeming 5,200 Mypoints for 2,500 United miles is gone as a choice.

Everyone else seeing the same thing or do I have a lot more clicks in front of me?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Don't panic. MyPoints regularly sells out of various rewards for a few days or even a few weeks. This has happened several times to the United mileage awards. I would wait a couple of weeks to see if it returns.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 5:39 pm

Also, they target reward redemptions toward certain users as well. I was able to get a $50 PayPal redemption and then another $25 PayPal redemption long before one of my family members even had that as an option that showed up. Maybe they just targeted it to certain members before they rolled it out to everyone.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 5:36 pm

I just noticed that MyPoints has recently added BedandBreakfast.com gift cards under Travel Rewards.

Has anyone ever used that site before?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by mtcrawford
I don't know if it's temporary or particular to my account, but the option of redeeming 5,200 Mypoints for 2,500 United miles is gone as a choice.

Everyone else seeing the same thing or do I have a lot more clicks in front of me?
It's temporary, it happens periodically, and they are indeed back.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 9:06 am

Been seeing more and more 5 pointers in the recent past. Definitely remembering not click the ones that don't give you anything... maybe this board having that strategy together is having an effect.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I need some help.

I redeemed points for $300 in Saks gift cards that haven't shown up. It has been two months.

It has been about three weeks since I first contacted them, and I've contacted them again and again. Each time I get the "we've forwarded your email to our redemption center" reply.

Any advice? Any way to escalate beyond their robotron service people?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Originally Posted by dingo
I need some help.

I redeemed points for $300 in Saks gift cards that haven't shown up. It has been two months.

It has been about three weeks since I first contacted them, and I've contacted them again and again. Each time I get the "we've forwarded your email to our redemption center" reply.

Any advice? Any way to escalate beyond their robotron service people?
Check you account to see if the order was even fulfilled.
I have redeems points before when it will take a month before the order even gets fulfilled and mailed out to me. But two months seems long.

FYI: you can check this by logging into your mypoints account.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
All the Hyatts are currently sold out. I was just about to get $150 for a trip in sept too
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:57 am

MyPoints launched their redesigned site this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.