Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by dioxide45
Did you fax from the same fax machine? My DW and I also have an account, would there be any issue faxing documentation from the same fax number. I notice when you get the e-mail back confirming the points posting that it shows the fax number. I would expect an issue, but don't want to cause any issues posting the points.
We did. I can't imagine that would be an issue, since it's all computerized (i.e., No person is going to go through the docs and compare numbers). We also only sent in two product receipts each, not all four or five, or whatever the number was.

Mike
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The 4000 Bonus Points Already Posted

FAXed in yesterday (to the 415 area code number) ,and today I have four 1000 point line items credited all pending until 7-23-12.

The funny thing is, all four say "RAID bonusmail make a purchase".

But there was an almost zero waiting period to post in contrast to the terms on the e-mail.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:29 pm

Thanks for the info. There appears to be two different phone numbers, one with an 800 area code, and another with a 415. I was getting busy on 415 many times. I tried the 800 even though it wasn't what was on the bottom of the Glade offer. I will see if the points post.
It looks like the points posted just fine. So it appears that using either number will work. I should note that this was also with the purchase of just the $1.97 Oil Warmer and not the more expensive refills that the coupon is actually for. The terms on the e-mail indicated the 1000 points was just for any Scented Oil Plugins product.

Originally Posted by mikeef
We did. I can't imagine that would be an issue, since it's all computerized (i.e., No person is going to go through the docs and compare numbers). We also only sent in two product receipts each, not all four or five, or whatever the number was.

Mike
Not sure if it is automated or not. It appears that these things clear through overnight, and at different times. I suspect that they are perhaps using an outsource vendor overseas to process these? I suppose they could be using some type of OCR to capture the name and e-mail address, but what about people that handwrite that information? Not all e-mail will print with the actual e-mail address shown.

Originally Posted by buddlakecoflyer
FAXed in yesterday (to the 415 area code number) ,and today I have four 1000 point line items credited all pending until 7-23-12.

The funny thing is, all four say "RAID bonusmail make a purchase".

But there was an almost zero waiting period to post in contrast to the terms on the e-mail.
I agree, the posting of the points seems to be an overnight process. Only the five day pending period, which is surprising. I was expecting a month like those silly survey pending points.

The two transactions that we have had post are for the Glade and Pledge, Each one indicates the actual product listed in the account listing. Perhaps you have four all indicating RAID because you faxed all receipts at the same time?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:48 pm

@:-)
Is anyone else having a problem getting their faxes to go through? I am having issues, it seems that there is a busy signal. I guess this has grown in popularity. It would have been better had they given us an e-mail address to send these to instead of arcane faxing.
I had that issue with the Glade redemption, but not the Pledge one. Just email Mypoints and they'll tell you to attach your fax packet in PDF form to your next reply. The points will be issues within hours.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:55 pm

New Kimberly-Clark Offer

There is a new offer for Cotttonelle products. Buy flushable wipes and get 750 points. Buy both wipes and toilet paper and get 2,000. Same fax redemption.

You can only print each coupon once per computer, unlike the past offers where you could print each one twice.

Edited to add: I think the coupon did print twice on the one PC. I just pulled them from the printer and they were there.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 17, 2012 at 7:01 pm
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:55 pm

There is a new offer for Cotttonelle products. Buy flushable wipes and get 750 points. Buy both wipes and toilet paper and get 2,000. Same fax redemption.

You can only print each coupon once per computer, unlike the past offers where you could print each one twice.
I tried to go to our other laptop to print a second set of coupons (before I realized I had two sets); however, the bathroom tissue coupon indicates it is expired. Though I could still print the wipes coupon. I found another coupon through a coupon website that links to the Cottonelle website where you can print a $1.50 coupon off of the two product when bought together. Though that coupon indicates it is for a 12 count bathroom tissue where the one through the MyPoints offer is off of an 18 count package.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 17, 2012 at 7:04 pm
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:56 pm

I tried to go to our other laptop to print a second set of coupons (before I realized I had two sets); however, the bathroom tissue coupon indicates it is expired. Though I could still print the wipes coupon. I found another coupon through a coupon website that links to the Cottonelle website where you can print a $1.50 coupon off of the two product when bought together. Though that coupon indicates it is for a 12 count bathroom tissue where the one through the MyPoints offer is off of an 18 count package.

I had a similar issue today with the Pledge/Glade/Raid bonus offer. I was able to print the Glade and Raid coupons, but I noticed my printer didn't print the Glade one. When I went back to reprint it, it said I'd exceeded the number of coupons for this offer. Now I'm not sure if it's because I missed my window, or because I redeemed a similar Glade offer a couple weeks ago, and MyPoints considers this a double-dip. Any thoughts? Does this mean I'll have to try to count the "old" Pledge purchase toward the 4,000 point trifecta of Pledge/Glade/Raid?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by prolix
I had a similar issue today with the Pledge/Glade/Raid bonus offer. I was able to print the Glade and Raid coupons, but I noticed my printer didn't print the Glade one. When I went back to reprint it, it said I'd exceeded the number of coupons for this offer. Now I'm not sure if it's because I missed my window, or because I redeemed a similar Glade offer a couple weeks ago, and MyPoints considers this a double-dip. Any thoughts? Does this mean I'll have to try to count the "old" Pledge purchase toward the 4,000 point trifecta of Pledge/Glade/Raid?
My guess is that the coupon links in the last several e-mails are all the same. I noticed I got four different Pledge e-mails. The first was dated 6/23 with an expiration date of 7/7 and the last (the combined 4000 point offer) had an expiration of 7/25. I think all they did was bump out the expiration date of the offer and none of the subsequent ones were new offers for the 1000 points for any individual product.

I believe these coupons print through coupons.com and you can only print each twice per computer. I would just go ahead and submit your prior receipt if you haven't already been credited with 1000 points from the Pledge purchase as it is only one points credit per offer. It should work fine. There is also no requirement in the points offer that you actually use the coupon, you can just buy the product also, sans coupon.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 18, 2012 at 4:08 am
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
What's up with the survey today that doesn't let you continue from the question? Lame...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by ricohitman
What's up with the survey today that doesn't let you continue from the question? Lame...
They sent an email with an updated link, citing technical difficulties.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
We are fairly new to the MilagePlus program. What would those 5000 MP points be worth? I know that 10,000 can get a one way ticket in some cases. Would this be better than say a $75 gift card redemption that the same amount of points could get?
Having had to just buy MP miles to top up to an award at $35/1000 miles redeeming 5K from MyPoints could from one perspective be worth up to $175.

Since 12,500 is a one way award that could be worth up to $400-$500 depending upon destination just under half that could be worth around $200 so yes, for those reason I'd suggest this award is a better value than a dining GC though that's only MHO.

My pet peeve with MyPoints is I rarely get surveys despite having my setting set wide open and the ones I do receive and click on almost as soon as they come in I get the 'did not qualify' or 'survey closed' response and am stuck at 700 points. I seem to be doing better at E-rewards though that wasn't always the case.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:02 pm

My guess is that the coupon links in the last several e-mails are all the same. I noticed I got four different Pledge e-mails. The first was dated 6/23 with an expiration date of 7/7 and the last (the combined 4000 point offer) had an expiration of 7/25. I think all they did was bump out the expiration date of the offer and none of the subsequent ones were new offers for the 1000 points for any individual product.

I believe these coupons print through coupons.com and you can only print each twice per computer. I would just go ahead and submit your prior receipt if you haven't already been credited with 1000 points from the Pledge purchase as it is only one points credit per offer. It should work fine. There is also no requirement in the points offer that you actually use the coupon, you can just buy the product also, sans coupon.
I think you're right, dioxide45. I guess the only question now is whether my old Glade/Pledge purchases would be combined with a new Raid purchase to earn the bonus points. That said, I really can't justify buying 128 oz of Raid products!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
My pet peeve with MyPoints is I rarely get surveys despite having my setting set wide open and the ones I do receive and click on almost as soon as they come in I get the 'did not qualify' or 'survey closed' response and am stuck at 700 points. I seem to be doing better at E-rewards though that wasn't always the case.
I definitely prefer E-rewards for surveys over MP or Swagbucks. Seems like every time I click on a MP or SB survey, I spend 10 minutes just trying to find out whether I qualify. Wish they'd pre-screen better.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Max M
Thanks for the data point.

I was shocking able to find a Walmart employee working in the pesticide aisle, and asked him if Walmart stocked the 128oz Raid Max. His response was that Walmart didn't [he was in charge of stocking the Raid Max/pesticides].

So that's assuring to know it worked.
I concur that they don't have the 128oz product, at least not at our local Walmart. They have a 64oz size that looks the same as the 128oz in the picture on the coupon and the e-mail. I didn't check in the seasonal department.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 19, 2012 at 8:46 pm
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:27 pm

Edited to add: I think the coupon did print twice on the one PC. I just pulled them from the printer and they were there.
Our local Walmart doesn't carry an 18 count Cottonelle Toilet Paper product. Only 12 or 24 . Ended up buying the 24 pack, will submit our receipts tomorrow. I should see the 2000 points since we bought both products. We surely won't run out of TP anytime soon. Used a bunch of coupons a while back along with a deal at Meijer and got 200+ rolls of TP. That has been cut in half through use, but now it looks like the stockpile will go back up with the Cottonelle. You can never have enough TP as long as you have the room to store it. It sure is awful if you run out of that stuff.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 19, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.