Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
I was checking in at the DFW CO Presidents Club and there is a sign saying something that they will stop accepting Priority Club access in Oct, does anyone know about this or the Select card is exempt? Thanks.
The regular PP will still get u in PC after 9/30.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by leonard016
The regular PP will still get u in PC after 9/30.
so does it mean i have to purchase a separate membership rather than the one already supplied by the card?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:03 am

Priority Pass Select that comes with credit cards issued by US financial institutions will exclude UA/CO lounges after 9/30/11.

The regular Priority Pass will still have UA/CO but you have to buy directly from them: www.prioritypass.com The Prestige level costs $399 (unlimited access for you only, each guest costs $27).

The alternative to get UA/CO after September is of course buying RCC/PC membership or using Chase Presidential Plus (credit card).
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
so does it mean i have to purchase a separate membership rather than the one already supplied by the card?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
As for the trip cancellation/delay insurance, emergency medical coverage, 24-hour travel and emergency assistance services, lost luggage reimbursement. Anyone has the card now that can share the details ie. coverage amount, insurance carrier, etc? I think the card might worth getting if it provides a generous coverage as I usually take 3 international trips a year. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
$200 airline credit

Had a UA $25 baggage fee in Aug. Waited till last week and still haven't seen credit. Then after checking the T&C I found that it states that "you must contact J.P.Morgan Priority Services at the number on the back of your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card within 4 billing cycles of the purchase date ". So I sent a secure message to Chase CS, and within 3 days, got the credit.

This is the major difference between Amex Plat airline credit. Also, you don't need to pre-assign which airline to be credit to.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Ritz Carlton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hert #1 5*, Amex Plat,
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
I didn't see another thread on this subject, so mods feel free to merge.

Update: details http://theritzcarltonrewardscard.com/
GET CLOSER TO EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCES WITH EVERY PURCHASE

Receive 50,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points as a Founding Member after you use your card for the first time* — enough for a complimentary night's stay at your choice of over 60 Tier 1-3 locations

Earn 5 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent at The Ritz-Carlton*

Earn 2 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points per $1 spent on qualifying airfare, car rentals and dining*

Earn 1 Ritz-Carlton Rewards point per $1 spent on all other card purchases*
RECEIVE SPECIAL HOTEL PRIVILEGES WHEN YOU STAY

An Extra Hotel Experience — With each two-night stay or longer at The Ritz-Carlton, celebrate with a $100 Hotel Credit to be used toward your choice of dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities*

Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability at time of reservation*

Automatic Gold Elite status in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards your first year*
ENJOY AN UNPRECEDENTED SUITE OF TRAVEL ADVANTAGES

Complimentary airport lounge access with Priority PassTM Select*

$200 annual credit for airline incidentals billed to your card*

No foreign transaction fees†
Received my card last week and love it! The JP Morgan Concierge was polite and took care of my needs. Wonderful experience.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The place where I used my Ritz-Carlton card was a restaurant within a Ritz-Carlton. But because I was not staying at the Ritz-Carlton at the time, the purchase is classified as "Non Ritz-Carlton purchase", so it only earned one point per dollar spent. It probably mentions this somewhere in the fine print, but I still plan on calling in to complain about this misleading advertising.
After putting in a claim on the charge, I was eventually awarded bonus points to bring the total to 5% of my Ritz-Carlton restaurant purchase. So once again, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:39 pm

Gold status

I know that this card gets you Gold status in Ritz-Carlton & Marriott for the 1st year and then you have to maintain $10K yearly spend. Does that mean one only needs 25 nights / yr to get platinum status with this card?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pointsandpoints
I know that this card gets you Gold status in Ritz-Carlton & Marriott for the 1st year and then you have to maintain $10K yearly spend. Does that mean one only needs 25 nights / yr to get platinum status with this card?
I had the same question and the answer is no; the gold status does not start you with 50 nights
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:15 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by VA1379
The interesting benefit for us on FT is that you can gain gold status in Ritz Carlton by spending $10,000/year on this credit card.
Where does it say that? If that is true then I would get it and spend the $10k every January just to get the upgrade benefit for marriotts for the rest of the year...
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:45 am

Nevermind, found it buried in the T&Cs of the first year benefit.

This just made up my mind for hotel loyalty; only drawback to Marriott vs SPG for me was the loss of room upgrades for my level of nights per year. Now I pay $10,000 to my mortgage through chargesmart ($250) in January and the annual fee of $395 for this, the annual fee of the marriott card ($85) and I'm upgraded in a hotel that has properties world wide and I don't have to get pre-approval on the hotel each time from my company.

$730 in fees less $200 in air credit less lounge access (~$350 min); only $200 for all the benefits.

And that doesn't include any perks if I decide to stay with Ritz for a personal holiday.

Works for me.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Innerloop
Amusingly, one thing that makes it stand out the most is that the account number is in quite small and only slightly raised digits. Probably would not work at all in this old style machines that take a carbon impression of the card, but assuming not many of those exist.
Other than every cabby in every small town in america and every city outside the US
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Nevermind, found it buried in the T&Cs of the first year benefit.

This just made up my mind for hotel loyalty; only drawback to Marriott vs SPG for me was the loss of room upgrades for my level of nights per year. Now I pay $10,000 to my mortgage through chargesmart ($250) in January and the annual fee of $395 for this, the annual fee of the marriott card ($85) and I'm upgraded in a hotel that has properties world wide and I don't have to get pre-approval on the hotel each time from my company.

$730 in fees less $200 in air credit less lounge access (~$350 min); only $200 for all the benefits.

And that doesn't include any perks if I decide to stay with Ritz for a personal holiday.

Works for me.
I'm currently an SPG guy. I barely make 25 stays per year to maintain okay status. I'm thinking Marriott, for breadth and depth of properties, and the RCCC to get gold status for $10k in spending makes sense for me. Downside is no admirals club.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Does anyone know if the same day confirmed flight change fee on American qualifies for "non ticket purchases"?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by envgeo
Does anyone know if the same day confirmed flight change fee on American qualifies for "non ticket purchases"?
I will think so but may be you d better call them up to confirm. From T&C
This offer applies only to non-ticket purchases made with merchants that classify their merchant location for Visa in the airline category. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being made in a particular category. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for statement credits. Statement credit will post to your account within 5-7 business days and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.