Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:17 am

"This is not entirely true. The place where I used my Ritz-Carlton card was a restaurant within a Ritz-Carlton. But because I was not staying at the Ritz-Carlton at the time, the purchase is classified as "Non Ritz-Carlton purchase", so it only earned one point per dollar spent. It probably mentions this somewhere in the fine print, but I still plan on calling in to complain about this misleading advertising."

That is why you charge everything to your room when staying at a RC. That way, you get the 5x points.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hailstorm
This is not entirely true. The place where I used my Ritz-Carlton card was a restaurant within a Ritz-Carlton. But because I was not staying at the Ritz-Carlton at the time, the purchase is classified as "Non Ritz-Carlton purchase", so it only earned one point per dollar spent. It probably mentions this somewhere in the fine print, but I still plan on calling in to complain about this misleading advertising.
LOL - In the fine print it also mentions 2 points per dollar spent for airfare, car rental and dining. They even screwed up the 2 points per dollar you were suppose to get for your restaurant charge.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
the accounts are merged - you can find your answer in MR terms and conditions: you cannot have two accounts.
I'm aware of that. OK, better question. Do those RC points that become MR points count toward LT totals? I'm just under 110K short of LT plat.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Do those RC points that become MR points count toward LT totals?
Yes, they're all the same.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Gold (4 life), Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold, IC RA
Club level

Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability at time of reservation.

Can I take this as meaning up to 21 nights in a club level room. Or is it 3 uses up to 7 nights.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Three stays and each stay up to 7 nights - total up to 21 nights.
Originally Posted by kleinms
Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level three times annually on stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability at time of reservation.

Can I take this as meaning up to 21 nights in a club level room. Or is it 3 uses up to 7 nights.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:54 pm

Club Access

Thanks.
To me the 21 potential nights with club access and the ability to only have to spend $10K on the card annually to maintain Gold status are the only advantages. Plat Amex gets me access to Admirals club lounge. If one only flies American, prioritypass doesn't have much value.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum

Previously some confusion as to whether this offer is available on discounted rates.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:26 pm

5 points/$ at RCs

The card states 5pnts/$ at RC stays, does one also get 5pnts for stays at Marriott hotels?

I am on the fence about this card, but think sticking with Amex Plat is probably a better choice for most of the reasons below.

The offers at the end of the day don't seem to add up to enough of a benefit to move. I think all one gets for this card is guaranteed Gold status at RC/Marriott ($10K annual spend and 1st year free). Booking at standard rates to get club level, when one can use a AAA rate and get club access for the same or less makes no sense.

Amex Platinum gets me upgrades at RCs and breakfast every time I stay, plus Admirals club access. Admirals Club for myself and my wife costs $700/year, thru AA. With Amex Plat, it is $625 plus I get prioritypass for the random time I don't fly AA. Additionally, with UA/Continental leaving prioritypass come October 1, lounge access gets further reduced, making RCs prioritypass access less meaningful.

Agreed, Chase needs to rethink this card if they want to compete. The $55 lower price ain't worth it, unless Gold status is a key.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:30 pm

The card states 5pnts/$ at RC stays, does one also get 5pnts for stays at Marriott hotels?
No, you need the MR Premier Visa for 5pnts/$ at Marriott properties (excluding RC).
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
FWIW, the PP Select card from the Ritz card get you PLUS one guest in FREE.
The one from AMEX PLAT, you pay $27 for your guest.
I just called them today because I have both cards.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mizuou
Call the concierge, not the CS number. I now have 4 priority passes on hand (all with "SELECT" logo on it) for me and 3 additional card holders.
I was checking in at the DFW CO Presidents Club and there is a sign saying something that they will stop accepting Priority Club access in Oct, does anyone know about this or the Select card is exempt? Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
I was checking in at the DFW CO Presidents Club and there is a sign saying something that they will stop accepting Priority Club access in Oct, does anyone know about this or the Select card is exempt? Thanks.
Priority pass select card is the one that will not get you an access to a PC
Old Sep 4, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Priority pass select card is the one that will not get you an access to a PC
Wow, so basically there aren't that many locations in the US that the card would work after OCT
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
aren't that many locations
google is your friend, my friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.