Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:18 pm

The code is "TRADE". I see it shows up now but it says "UK TRAVEL TRADE STAFF".
I am a travel agent, but NOT from the UK

Last edited by vh1971; Nov 3, 2013 at 1:24 pm
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Anyone have suggestions for doing any better than the "Save Up To $25 on a Weekly Rental + Insiders 10% Discount" coupon code (AD2845VAN) on the Alamo website for a 1 month rental in PHL? (11/11/2013-12/10/2013)

I keep getting $568 all-in, which seems pretty good for a month, but I'm wondering if I can double-dip somehow. I tried using the HHonors code but got the exact same price and couldn't figure out how to use both HHonors and the Alamo Insider discount.

thanks for any pointers (doesn't have to be Alamo, and I don't really care what size car I get)

-huge

[edit: Never mind that price - I've now found a deal on Avis for a Compact ("Ford Focus or similar") for $406 all-in for the month. I can't really imagine I'm going to do much better than that, but if anyone has ideas of how I might be wrong, fire away...

Last edited by huge; Nov 4, 2013 at 3:25 am Reason: new info
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by huge
Anyone have suggestions for doing any better than the "Save Up To $25 on a Weekly Rental + Insiders 10% Discount" coupon code (AD2845VAN) on the Alamo website for a 1 month rental in PHL? (11/11/2013-12/10/2013)

I keep getting $568 all-in, which seems pretty good for a month, but I'm wondering if I can double-dip somehow. I tried using the HHonors code but got the exact same price and couldn't figure out how to use both HHonors and the Alamo Insider discount.

thanks for any pointers (doesn't have to be Alamo, and I don't really care what size car I get)

-huge

[edit: Never mind that price - I've now found a deal on Avis for a Compact ("Ford Focus or similar") for $406 all-in for the month. I can't really imagine I'm going to do much better than that, but if anyone has ideas of how I might be wrong, fire away...
Your $406 rate seems very reasonable if you're picking up at the PHL airport. In July we took the train from the airport to Market St. 30th Station to save $200 on a one-week rental. Train fare is $8 (one person in our party is a senior and fare is $1). Well worth the 20-minute train ride, and we had to head north of Philly anyway.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:46 pm

Is there a way to prepay the TINDR1 code online?

I booked a 5-day rental with this code and saved over 50% on the rack rate. I'd prefer to prepay and simply go to the kiosk with my ticket if possible, so as not to deal with customer service at the counter. I can't seem to figure out how to do this though. It seems as though you cannot prepay rentals when using a Contract ID for some reason. Unless I just can't figure out how or where to do so. I'd greatly appreciate any help with this, as I'd like to ensure a smooth pick up with this reservation. On a side note, does anyone know what the above mentioned code refers to; I assume a corp. rate? Any info would also be a huge help.

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:56 pm

Update: I've already checked in online; I just can't figure out how to prepay. No payment info was requested... do I just need to print out the check-in confirmation and take it to the kiosk or will I still need to deal with customer service if the vehicle isn't prepaid in full?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by OliverB
Update: I've already checked in online; I just can't figure out how to prepay. No payment info was requested... do I just need to print out the check-in confirmation and take it to the kiosk or will I still need to deal with customer service if the vehicle isn't prepaid in full?
In my experience at major airports if you have checked in you just go out to the row of cars, pick one you like and drive with your paperwork, dl and cc to the exit booth where they process it. I never prepay, just check in, and that is how it has always worked.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:31 pm

Is TINDR1 code still working? I tried for SJU airport and did not work. Any better code for Puerto Rico?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mak101
Is TINDR1 code still working? I tried for SJU airport and did not work. Any better code for Puerto Rico?
No. It has been dead for quite awhile.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by pkerr
No. It has been dead for quite awhile.
Not true. It still works in some areas. I'm looking at booking a full size SUV TPA to PBI and it's working tho that is the only vehicle type it lists.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:40 am
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
I'm looking to rent either a Mustang or a Camaro (preferrably NOT a convertible) out of CLT (Charlotte, NC) in April for a Thursday through Monday. I don't really care which company it is with. Any thoughts on getting a good deal?

Thanks for any hints/tips/codes related to that...

- John...
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:21 am

I hope I didn't just screw myself over but I called Alamo to inquire about snow tire availability and gave the person over the phone my confirmation number. I used the TINDR1 promo code and was asked where I was flying in from. When I replied San Francisco, he sarcastically responded... "so you're a German travel agent?" to which I replied, "my wife is". He then told me to make sure that we bring ID.

Do you think he would have put a red flag in our reservation concerning the promo code? We're not picking up the vehicle for another 2 weeks but is there a way to avoid going to the counter at all? I understand there are airport kiosks where you could prepay the rental with just your confirmation number; is this correct? If so, is it possible that we might be directed to the counter regardless (unable to use this automated check-in) as a result of the promo code on our reservation?

Lastly, if we do go through the automated kiosk, pay the rental and print out our ticket, would we still be subject to any form of verification or do we not even have to speak to anyone and can we just pick our vehicle from the lot and drive off?

I'm very concerned as I didn't budget the extra $$$ which is not an inconsequential amount! We've gotten a very good deal; less than 50% the normal rental cost. I want to be certain that it works out.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:58 am
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
First, snow tire availability? As a guy that lives in Michigan, it is clear that you live in California. ;-)

Ok -- now... Back on track... My GUESS is that he didn't mark anything on your account at this point -- so you probably aren't tagged yet (like I am -- due to the kiosks being unavailable last time I used this code and having to go to the counter where they promptly denied me and put a note on my account).

So, if you go to the kiosk when you get there, you'll PROBABLY be ok. There is no way to be "certain" like you'd like -- you're using a code that hugely discounts the price and was clearly not intended for public use like we are using it. So, there are no guarantees -- this is always a bit based on "luck."

Do everything at the kiosk, pick your car, and then leave the lot. You WILL (ok, 99% chance) have to interact with a human when you leave the lot. They generally look over everything quickly and do NOT question the discount code. That being said, I was told that the lot attendants at LAS have been told to specifically watch for people using this discount and not allow them to leave without going back to the counter. I haven't seen that personally though.

So, quick version: use the kiosk and you should still be fine. Hopefully. And quit calling about snow tires! HA!

- John...
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:00 pm
was jgoggan

Oh -- and you should be able to check-in and everything online before you go -- including paying. If you do it that way, you don't even need to go to the kiosk, if I recall -- it actually prints a thing that tells you to go straight to your car type when you arrive. So you don't have to talk to anyone nor use the kiosk (until you hit the lot attendant). I think this varies a bit based on the location -- so see if your reservation will allow the online check-in and such.

- John...
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
Definitely have a back-up reservation (elsewhere) in the event that the "Gig" is up.....vs....having to pay a walk-up rate.
There are plenty of "legit" codes that one can avail themselves.
Safe Travels.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by OliverB
I hope I didn't just screw myself over but I called Alamo to inquire about snow tire availability and gave the person over the phone my confirmation number. I used the TINDR1 promo code and was asked where I was flying in from. When I replied San Francisco, he sarcastically responded... "so you're a German travel agent?" to which I replied, "my wife is". He then told me to make sure that we bring ID.
I'd be pretty worried that you will be asked for ID after that interaction. Suggest you have another rental lined up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.