Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Please see post #20 for the official announcement from our CC rep.

CC rep confirms that changes occur March 15.

List of all 2014 Category Changes

Properties going from 6 to 7 (50k to 70k points):
Radisson Royal Hotel, Dubai
Radisson Blu Le Dokhan’s Hotel, Paris Trocadero
Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel & Thalasso, Cannes
Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel, Paris Eiffel
Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
The May Fair (London)
Plaza on the River, London
art’otel, Amsterdam
Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

CC really is a bit daft....... With nice properties in the EU (and sometimes in Asia) but missing the meaningfull features for those not from NA. And with crappy properties in the US......

Heaven if you reside in the US and stay at hotels in the EU.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by christianj
I think it's funny how opinions vary. Europeans want more 3 star properties and Americans want more high-end properties in the US. I would have thought you had plenty of mid-range options with the Park Inn and Park Plaza brands.
Park Inns are in my opinion mostly not very competitive to Mercure or other hotels in their class. As far as I can tell they (together with Courtyards) usually cost 30€ to 50€ more than a comparable hotel. The Radisson Blu hotels are mostly 4 or 5 star and really expensive most of the time.

I can only justify Radisson in places like Poland where they are reasonable cheap or in high price countries like the Nordics.

Perhaps I have a crappy expense policy but as we need to manage expenses management wouldn't like me spending 50€ more for a night so I can stay in a preferred chain hotel to collect points.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by fassy
The changes to the F&B Bonus applies to "Award Stays" not to the regular stay. For regular stays they always gave the F&B Bonus.

Jul 03 2013 Earn Hotel Stay Park Inn By Radisson 10.006
Room Points 4.409
Food and Beverage Points 928
Promotion Points - Online Booking Bonus Points 2.000
Room Points - Gold 50% Bonus 2.205
Food and Beverage Points - Gold 50% Bonus 464
Aha! Right there--the Online Booking Bonus is a "Promotion!" Not a permanent benefit!
Also, the word "devaluation" correctly means "to make points/ currency worth less than before. Making it harder to earn points in the future is not a devaluation. Actually, the main devaluation is the addition of the 70K point price--along with the threat of adding more hotels to the 70K price.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Brendan
Aha! Right there--the Online Booking Bonus is a "Promotion!" Not a permanent benefit!
Also, the word "devaluation" correctly means "to make points/ currency worth less than before. Making it harder to earn points in the future is not a devaluation. Actually, the main devaluation is the addition of the 70K point price--along with the threat of adding more hotels to the 70K price.
That's maybe not a devaluation of points but certainly a devaluation of the program...
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:31 am

So, does anybody knows if the booking bonus applies to bookings made before 15th March? I have a couple of stays upcoming (10 nights) and have done all the bookings already hoping I will receive the 20.000 points for it.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:58 pm

So, does anybody knows if the booking bonus applies to bookings made before 15th March? I have a couple of stays upcoming (10 nights) and have done all the bookings already hoping I will receive the 20.000 points for it.
Well,just went through the Fb page of Club carlson,where in it was confirmed by the CC representatives that bookings done before 15th march,would get the booking bonus.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson...57435570935554

This post shows where in CC social customer care answers your question
Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:26 pm

Ah, great - thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:25 pm

For the new Category 7 properties, do they claw back points for reservations made before 3/15 at the 50,000 point rate for stays after 3/15?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
For the new Category 7 properties, do they claw back points for reservations made before 3/15 at the 50,000 point rate for stays after 3/15?
No. Book before March 15th and it will stick.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
You could always leave a question on their FB page,the guys are always quick to leave a reply and pretty accurate with their answers
I don't do FB...did PM the CC lurker but never got a response, nor did she post a clarification here.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:06 am

I did ask the Customer Service via mail and this is their response:

"In order to get Online booking bonus you stay must be completed before
March 15th. If you checkout date is after that date then it will not
qualify for the bonus points."

I think this is ridiculous! An contradicts the statement made on FB. some of the bookings I did have been made long before the changes to the program have been announced - if they argue this way they could also start canceling the point bookings for stays after the 15th March and ask for more points.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:47 am

I did ask the Customer Service via mail and this is their response:

"In order to get Online booking bonus you stay must be completed before
March 15th. If you checkout date is after that date then it will not
qualify for the bonus points."

I think this is ridiculous! An contradicts the statement made on FB. some of the bookings I did have been made long before the changes to the program have been announced - if they argue this way they could also start canceling the point bookings for stays after the 15th March and ask for more points.
Keep a screenshot of the post at FB page,where in they mention the same.
It will surely make things easier.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Club Carlson website appears to be down at the moment. Or maybe just unable to cope with the demand!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
Keep a screenshot of the post at FB page,where in they mention the same.
It will surely make things easier.
Not sure it will help - in my experience arguing with the customer service doesn't help much. I asked them why they make a different statement than on FB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.