Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Please see post #20 for the official announcement from our CC rep.

CC rep confirms that changes occur March 15.

List of all 2014 Category Changes

Properties going from 6 to 7 (50k to 70k points):
Radisson Royal Hotel, Dubai
Radisson Blu Le Dokhan’s Hotel, Paris Trocadero
Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel & Thalasso, Cannes
Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel, Paris Eiffel
Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
The May Fair (London)
Plaza on the River, London
art’otel, Amsterdam
Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:36 pm

I just looked at some Paris hotels and the Trocadero and Champs Elysees are showing 75k points for July this summer. Nothing is suppose to increase in price till March 15th. What's the deal? These are supposed to both be 50k points each, not 75k yet.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Originally Posted by Superorb
I just looked at some Paris hotels and the Trocadero and Champs Elysees are showing 75k points for July this summer. Nothing is suppose to increase in price till March 15th. What's the deal? These are supposed to both be 50k points each, not 75k yet.
If a standard award is not available but a premium award is available, the site will show the rate for a premium award (1 1/2 times the standard award).

When those hotels move to 70k for a standard award, I think the premium award will be 105k.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by scruffy
If a standard award is not available but a premium award is available, the site will show the rate for a premium award (1 1/2 times the standard award).

When those hotels move to 70k for a standard award, I think the premium award will be 105k.
Ahh, so they simply don't have any more standard rooms available. That's too bad, we really wanted the Trocadero. How is the Le Metropolitan?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Many of the hotels that are moving up in category suddenly have ZERO standard availability at old prices, seems to me that they just blocked them all till the new rates go in effect!

Big thumbs down for CC! I have been using CC as my main program for 3 years, now I will use my points
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Many of the hotels that are moving up in category suddenly have ZERO standard availability at old prices, seems to me that they just blocked them all till the new rates go in effect!

Big thumbs down for CC! I have been using CC as my main program for 3 years, now I will use my points
Most likely lots of people are booking these rooms before the new rates go into effect. There's only a finite amount of rooms available each night.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:59 am

More then anything related to hotels taking away redemptions because of devaulations,i see it more as a reason for overbookings at the peak season of Paris
Any particular dates u looking for ??
Metropolitan-1,2,3,4,10,11,12,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26, 27,28,29,30
Le dokhan's-1,6,17,18,23,24,25,26,30,31
Champs Elysees-8,21,23,24,27,28,31
These dates are still available for booking at 50k points a night.

Remember none of these 3 are any of those huge properties with 200+ rooms or so.Sort of small boutique hotels run by a reputed chain of hotels,out of which not all rooms are available for redemption.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
More then anything related to hotels taking away redemptions because of devaulations,i see it more as a reason for overbookings at the peak season of Paris
Any particular dates u looking for ??
Metropolitan-1,2,3,4,10,11,12,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26, 27,28,29,30
Le dokhan's-1,6,17,18,23,24,25,26,30,31
Champs Elysees-8,21,23,24,27,28,31
These dates are still available for booking at 50k points a night.

Remember none of these 3 are any of those huge properties with 200+ rooms or so.Sort of small boutique hotels run by a reputed chain of hotels,out of which not all rooms are available for redemption.
Paris is July 28-30th and the only thing at the Metropolitan is a twin bed room, not something I'm interested in with my wife on this trip too.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:45 pm

Can't believe it...

Had a stay 18th to 20th and expected to get the extra 5 qualifying nights but guess what? The stay does not qualify since I checked in a day early.

Should have changed hotel 18th to 19th, then check in 19th to 20th. That would have qualified...

But the customer service agent said 'not a problem, you just need to stay one night until 19th.March to get the extra nights'

Bad luck for me, I'm traveling the next 3 weeks to places with out Carlson properties...

Last edited by fassy; Feb 28, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I am fairly new to the CC program.

But as a US resident with the CC CC and Gold status, I am pretty pleased with CC, even after the changes.

CC could have risen above the other programs and actually enhanced it, but Carlson's management team is clearly afraid and don't want to be leaders, so they seek "allignment". Very few managers get fired for alligning to the industry average, no matter how low.

I just booked the Mayfair for 25,000 per night for two nights and I think that is a deal, even at 35,000 points. That is 11,666 Amex Reward points or $116.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:28 am

For US citizens with the CC Club Carlson is a very good program. You can earn points at reasonable rates/night and redeem them using the CC at amazing point/night ratio in great hotels in Europe, bigger cities or resorts.

I hope Club Carlson will do something similar for European customers.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
What is the consensus on the best hotel in Paris?

Seems like the Le Dokhan has very small rooms....
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:25 am

Paris is July 28-30th and the only thing at the Metropolitan is a twin bed room, not something I'm interested in with my wife on this trip too.
With Club Carlson,i have done this multiple times even on redemptions.
One can always try his luck.
Do award redemption online and call the hotel since or maybe leave manager a decent enough message in his email asking for a king bed room,stating the obvious reason for you travelling with your wife.
Any status with CC would also help
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
I am fairly new to the CC program.

But as a US resident with the CC CC and Gold status, I am pretty pleased with CC, even after the changes.

CC could have risen above the other programs and actually enhanced it, but Carlson's management team is clearly afraid and don't want to be leaders, so they seek "allignment". Very few managers get fired for alligning to the industry average, no matter how low.

I just booked the Mayfair for 25,000 per night for two nights and I think that is a deal, even at 35,000 points. That is 11,666 Amex Reward points or $116.
I was and I still am,fairly pretty happy with Club Carlson and how majority of their hotels/staff have conducted themselves with all my stays.
Only thing i would expect/want is a CC card in Asia/India and they programme would get even better for me.Here US residents seriously hold an upper hand.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
I was and I still am,fairly pretty happy with Club Carlson and how majority of their hotels/staff have conducted themselves with all my stays.
Only thing i would expect/want is a CC card in Asia/India and they programme would get even better for me.Here US residents seriously hold an upper hand.
The US is full of low end Country Inn & Suites. Europe has all the nice Radisson properties!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
The US is full of low end Country Inn & Suites. Europe has all the nice Radisson properties!
Agreed! Here in the US I have found two properties that I love though: the Radisson Martinique in Manhattan and the Country Inn & Suites in New Orleans. For those two properties alone, I think putting spend on the card is worth it for free nights at those properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.