Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Please see post #20 for the official announcement from our CC rep.

CC rep confirms that changes occur March 15.

List of all 2014 Category Changes

Properties going from 6 to 7 (50k to 70k points):
Radisson Royal Hotel, Dubai
Radisson Blu Le Dokhan’s Hotel, Paris Trocadero
Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel & Thalasso, Cannes
Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel, Paris Eiffel
Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
The May Fair (London)
Plaza on the River, London
art’otel, Amsterdam
Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow
Print Wikipost

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
With Club Carlson,i have done this multiple times even on redemptions.
One can always try his luck.
Do award redemption online and call the hotel since or maybe leave manager a decent enough message in his email asking for a king bed room,stating the obvious reason for you travelling with your wife.
Any status with CC would also help
Both wife and I are Gold status. I guess it's worth a shot. Even if they say no I can always cancel the booking and go elsewhere.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
What is the consensus on the best hotel in Paris?

Seems like the Le Dokhan has very small rooms....

Seems like the consensus is Champs Elysees
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by nsummy
Could be a lot worse! I'd say mild devaluation at best.
You mean losing the 2K or 3K booking bonus is "mild"? It pretty much cuts stay earnings down by half.

Question: do bookings made prior to March 15th still earn the online booking bonus, or does it apply to all stays after March 15th? Same with elite tier bonus?

Last edited by Shareholder; Mar 6, 2014 at 5:37 am
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by nsummy
Seems like the consensus is Champs Elysees
Personally I liked Le Metropolitan better in a better location, give you the local feeling while being close to attractions.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Question: do bookings made prior to March 15th still earn the online booking bonus, or does it apply to all stays after March 15th? Same with elite tier bonus?
Second this question. Still haven't been able to find an answer on this. Already made some non-refundable bookings for stays after March 15th assuming I would earn at Gold tier bonus rates.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Given the new hotel categories, does anyone have recommendations for a Spring 2015 trip to the UK and Scotland? Probably 12-14 days. I know there's probably no way I'm going to get it all on points, and I probably wouldn't want to hotel hop every 2 days, but changing locations a couple times wouldn't be a problem. I'll probably have ~300K CC points. Does it make more sense to go high-end till my points are gone and book the rest cash, or go with lowest point per night to stretch the points out? We would likely be spending very little time at the hotel.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by gohan403
Personally I liked Le Metropolitan better in a better location, give you the local feeling while being close to attractions.
Do you know if they'll ever upgrade a 2 twin bed room to a king bed if you have gold status at the Le Metropolitan?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: Yes.
I am sure they'd be happy to scooch the beds together for you! Actually I am wondering the same.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
You mean losing the 2K or 3K booking bonus is "mild"? It pretty much cuts stay earnings down by half.

Originally Posted by chromeez
Second this question. Still haven't been able to find an answer on this. Already made some non-refundable bookings for stays after March 15th assuming I would earn at Gold tier bonus rates.
From what i heard about the same,bookings done before 15th march would be getting the online booking bonus,but not pretty much sure about it.
You could always leave a question on their FB page,the guys are always quick to leave a reply and pretty accurate with their answers
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge
Originally Posted by roki
Given the new hotel categories, does anyone have recommendations for a Spring 2015 trip to the UK and Scotland? Probably 12-14 days. I know there's probably no way I'm going to get it all on points, and I probably wouldn't want to hotel hop every 2 days, but changing locations a couple times wouldn't be a problem. I'll probably have ~300K CC points. Does it make more sense to go high-end till my points are gone and book the rest cash, or go with lowest point per night to stretch the points out? We would likely be spending very little time at the hotel.
You may wish to consider the Park Inn, Watford. Reduced to category 2. Watford is on the very edge of the London's transport network, so if you're planning on spending the whole day out of the hotel, this is a very cost effective option compared to all of the Park Plazas, etc, in central London.

I stayed there recently - it's 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction railway station, and provided you don't mind the pretty small, shower-only bathrooms, I would recommend it.

One other thing to point out - Scotland is (currently) part of the UK.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
They are already giving the F&B bonus, even before 3/15/14. I had a 2-day cash stay at Martinique in NYC this week. Had a couple room service meals:

Hotel Stay - Mar xx 2014 To Mar xx 2014 - Radisson Martinique on Broadway - 13,xxx
Room Points 5,xxx
Food and Beverage Points 1xxx
Promotion Points - Online Booking Bonus Points 2,000
Room Points - Gold 50% Bonus xxxx
Food and Beverage Points - Gold 50% Bonus xxx
Old Mar 9, 2014, 5:30 am

The changes to the F&B Bonus applies to "Award Stays" not to the regular stay. For regular stays they always gave the F&B Bonus.

Jul 03 2013 Earn Hotel Stay Park Inn By Radisson 10.006
Room Points 4.409
Food and Beverage Points 928
Promotion Points - Online Booking Bonus Points 2.000
Room Points - Gold 50% Bonus 2.205
Food and Beverage Points - Gold 50% Bonus 464
Old Mar 9, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Ah, yes, thanks. Points do take some of the sting out of room service prices.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:09 am

Anyway, I just decided to leave Club Carlson and only 'maximize' on promotions like the 3=1 promo. Perhaps I give them another shot if they find a way to make the program attractive to Europeans like a credit card offering or more 3 star properties at reasonable pricinings.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by fassy
Anyway, I just decided to leave Club Carlson and only 'maximize' on promotions like the 3=1 promo. Perhaps I give them another shot if they find a way to make the program attractive to Europeans like a credit card offering or more 3 star properties at reasonable pricinings.
I think it's funny how opinions vary. Europeans want more 3 star properties and Americans want more high-end properties in the US. I would have thought you had plenty of mid-range options with the Park Inn and Park Plaza brands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.