Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Please see post #20 for the official announcement from our CC rep.

CC rep confirms that changes occur March 15.

List of all 2014 Category Changes

Properties going from 6 to 7 (50k to 70k points):
Radisson Royal Hotel, Dubai
Radisson Blu Le Dokhan’s Hotel, Paris Trocadero
Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel & Thalasso, Cannes
Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel, Paris Eiffel
Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
The May Fair (London)
Plaza on the River, London
art’otel, Amsterdam
Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow
Print Wikipost

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
What if you book now at the lower rate? If you change the dates do you need to pay the higher rate?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Rom Sac
What if you book now at the lower rate? If you change the dates do you need to pay the higher rate?
Bookings done on OLD rates before 15th march would be honoured.
I myself have my next 5 bookings already made.
2 of them being in Paris and London.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Booked 24 nights between the London Mayfair and the Paris Radisson, and apparently got in just under the wire for the London Mayfair as three minutes ago I got the last couple for 50k but now (at 4:46 a.m. local London time) it is showing as 70k points.

Close, very close. Emptied out the accounts with this.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Does anyone see any additional premium room options yet? I haven't seen any new options in the searches I did. Will this be rolled out later or does it vary by hotel?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Alphatmldr
Does anyone see any additional premium room options yet? I haven't seen any new options in the searches I did. Will this be rolled out later or does it vary by hotel?
If a hotel is out of standard rooms it will show premium rooms for 75k if it was a 50k/night hotel. That's what I was seeing with all th eParis hotels for our dates over the summer. Didn't want to dump 75k so we just did two twin beds for 50k points.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
If a hotel is out of standard rooms it will show premium rooms for 75k if it was a 50k/night hotel. That's what I was seeing with all th eParis hotels for our dates over the summer. Didn't want to dump 75k so we just did two twin beds for 50k points.
I'm talking about this part of the new changes "Members will now have a choice of room types for redemption, in addition to standard rooms." I already have a premium room reserved but I want to book a suite or something. I don't see this offered anywhere yet.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I have been researching Club Carlson upgrade options today and I don't see a thing. Simply looks like Premium Room Rewards at 50% more points are offered when there are no lowest category standard rooms available.

I see no online option to pay points for a suite upgrade or select a different room upgrade reward when the standard reward level room is available.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by satori
I have been researching Club Carlson upgrade options today and I don't see a thing. Simply looks like Premium Room Rewards at 50% more points are offered when there are no lowest category standard rooms available.

I see no online option to pay points for a suite upgrade or select a different room upgrade reward when the standard reward level room is available.
That's not at all what I have seen though granted I was only searching for some lowly CI's in the dallas tx area but I saw standard rooms offered and then a studio suite offered for 50% more points as well. So I was seeing both which seems totally new. Now I cant say its a great use of points I think at most places though. I guess it depends.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:11 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by satori

Try putting in more people than the standard room will hold and that helps sometimes.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mommy Points
Try putting in more people than the standard room will hold and that helps sometimes.
Have you seen instances of higher room level availability beside the standard premium room?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
I didn't notice anything different at all. Seems like before. Regular room, and "business room" for +50%.
It'd be nice if they allow higher room for redemption

Have you seen instances of higher room level availability beside the standard premium room?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:06 am

I think so, but not across the board for sure. I'm seeing more "Family Room" options in Europe than I remember seeing before, but I'm not really seeing options for full one-bedroom suites or similar.

Edit: Forgot I did see a one-bedroom suite at Plaza on the River in London, but most haven't been true suites.

Last edited by Mommy Points; Mar 17, 2014 at 7:11 am Reason: Add info
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Nothing different at the Athens Greece Radisson Blu after the devaluation with regard to premium awards above the already available Business Class Room.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Mommy Points
I think so, but not across the board for sure. I'm seeing more "Family Room" options in Europe than I remember seeing before, but I'm not really seeing options for full one-bedroom suites or similar.

Edit: Forgot I did see a one-bedroom suite at Plaza on the River in London, but most haven't been true suites.
I was really hoping to get a better room or a suite at one of the Paris hotels. I have a business class room right now so I guess that will have to do.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:02 pm

I was really hoping to get a better room or a suite at one of the Paris hotels. I have a business class room right now so I guess that will have to do.
That would be great. My understanding on the couple Paris properties I looked at was that they have very limited suites. For example, the Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysées, Paris mentions on their site that they have 45 rooms and "the exclusive suite". I would guess that means one suite, so not too surprising it isn't available on points. Would be great, though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.