Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Please see post #20 for the official announcement from our CC rep.

CC rep confirms that changes occur March 15.

List of all 2014 Category Changes

Properties going from 6 to 7 (50k to 70k points):
Radisson Royal Hotel, Dubai
Radisson Blu Le Dokhan’s Hotel, Paris Trocadero
Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel & Thalasso, Cannes
Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel, Paris Eiffel
Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
The May Fair (London)
Plaza on the River, London
art’otel, Amsterdam
Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:18 pm
Suspended

I was looking at specific London hotels for certain dates and I can tell you for a fact that the Westminster Park Plaza went DOWN from 70,000 points a night to 62,000 points/night for a studio room. In addition, at the Park Plaza County Hall, prior to the devaluation, the only thing offered when in a sold out situation for 70,000 points was a view room. Now, for 62,000/night they are offering a studio suite -- something that I much rather would have.

It seems to me, though, that these premium room are only offered when the normal complement of standard reward rooms is exhausted. Though, what Mommy Points suggests is a good work around to "force" a larger/better room for more points!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:24 am

Just to confirm:

Mrz 23 2014 Earn Hotel Stay - Mar 17 2014 To Mar 18 2014 - Park Inn By Radisson **** - 8.892
Room Points 3.978
Food and Beverage Points 1.126
Promotion Points - Online Booking Bonus Points 2.000
Room Points - Gold 35% Bonus 1.393
Food and Beverage Points - Gold 35% Bonus 395

So, new Gold bonus percentage, but at least the Online booking bonus was credited as I booked before March 15th.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Well one upside to these changes - 2k online booking bonus received on my points-only redemption stay last week - previously these were only on cash or cash+points stays
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:42 pm

When did you do the booking? I thought the online booking bonus has been discontinued after 15th March.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
12th March. I thought it had just been made 'promotional' rather than being completely removed at present?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:26 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Did a few Cancun bookings at old price at 9K. Now I see all reservations cancelled and points returned. Price is up to 15K.

Called CS, and they noted hotel had cancelled. Opened a case requesting hotel to reinstate. Others had similar cases?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by skaya
Did a few Cancun bookings at old price at 9K. Now I see all reservations cancelled and points returned. Price is up to 15K.

Called CS, and they noted hotel had cancelled. Opened a case requesting hotel to reinstate. Others had similar cases?
I have a few bookings at Park inn capetown at 15k points/night for a 9 day long reservation and is still intact even when the Hotel has gone to 28k points/night
I feel Club carlson CS is pretty helpful on most of the times.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:37 am

I have the same issue. My 2 bookings in Cancun is cancelled. New points for the same days are weirdly 22.5K per day. I didn't call yet, though.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

15k regular vs 22.5k premium room?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by blitzen
15k regular vs 22.5k premium room?
Yes, only 22,5k biz rooms available June/July. Regular 15K shows up in April etc. CS has opened a case, and I have as well sent hotel e-mail directly.

Fully booked, renovation or some strange IT glitch
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:29 pm

The Hyatt Regency Cancun will be leaving Club Carlson and will be part of the RIU chain. Not sure of the exact date, but I'm sure that's the reason. - Although interesting that rooms are still available on points. Hope you get it resolved!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:22 pm

Yes, only 22,5k biz rooms available June/July. Regular 15K shows up in April etc. CS has opened a case, and I have as well sent hotel e-mail directly.

Fully booked, renovation or some strange IT glitch
I have seen this issue of premium rooms listed only,at multiple properties which have dropped categories since Mar 15.And many a times,those premium rooms listed as of now,were standard award rooms earlier at old rates before this year's devaluation
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travisair
The Hyatt Regency Cancun will be leaving Club Carlson and will be part of the RIU chain. Not sure of the exact date, but I'm sure that's the reason. - Although interesting that rooms are still available on points. Hope you get it resolved!
Well the Hyatt Regency is leaving the HYATT chain, but hardly related to Club Carlson

Last edited by skaya; Apr 5, 2014 at 4:02 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Skaya, something good has come from Travis's error: He has called our attention to the fact that the Hyatt Cancun is rebranding in addition to the point-price situation at the Radisson! Two hotels to be concerned about.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by fassy
Just to confirm:

So, new Gold bonus percentage, but at least the Online booking bonus was credited as I booked before March 15th.
Same here, I got Online booking bonus as well recently, even if my stay was AFTER 15.march

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.