FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1553185-club-carlson-program-changes-eff-mar-15-2014-a.html)

tsmith12 Feb 18, 2014 11:35 pm

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Main changes: ( I love the fact award nights will qualify for tier status...add this with the 2nd free award night and it will be easy to attain Concierge level)

Club Carlson Members can now earn Gold Points on food and beverages purchased during Award Nights, if charged to the room
Our Gold Points bonus for booking a stay online will now be offered only on a promotional basis, so watch for upcoming opportunities

Elite Benefits:

Club Carlson members will be able to achieve Elite status faster – Eligible Stays and Award Nights will now both count toward Elite status
Concierge Elite members will still receive a 75% Gold Points bonus on Eligible Stays, and will still have access to the Concierge Elite reservation number on the back of the Concierge Elite member cards. Our 24/7 Global Concierge Service will be discontinued effective March 1st, 2014.
The Gold Points bonus on Eligible Stays will change to 35% for Gold Elite members and 15% for Silver Elite members

Some European properties go up to 70K points. Some property redemptions went down as well.

Published February 19, 2014
Effective March 15, 2014

Club CarlsonSM still offers a “Faster Way to a Free Night Stay!” Members earn 20 Gold Points® for every dollar spent at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels, and Award Nights start at just 9,000 Gold Points. We reward our members’ loyalty with these and other generous options to earn and redeem points, and by offering world-class services and privileges.

The following changes will go into effect March 15, 2014.

Ways to Redeem Points:

Club Carlson members will now have a choice of room types when redeeming Gold Points for Award Nights. In addition to standard rooms, members can redeem additional points to stay in premium rooms at participating hotels. Members will be able to see additional room descriptions and amenities during the redemption process. Room types, availability and amenities will vary by hotel
Club Carlson will now offer an enhanced variety of additional gift cards at top merchants, with new redemption levels starting at 7,000 points
Some of the new cards available to U.S. members include Old Navy, Toys"R"Us® and American Eagle Outfitters
Some of the new cards available for Canadian members include Esso, WINNERS, Cineplex and WaySpa
Our hotel categories will be updated and will include a new tier for our most luxurious hotels, featuring the expertly curated destinations under the Quorvus Collection, which are expected to roll out soon
Click here for a list of participating Carlson Rezidor hotels and their new categories

Ways to Earn Points:

Club Carlson Members can now earn Gold Points on food and beverages purchased during Award Nights, if charged to the room
Our Gold Points bonus for booking a stay online will now be offered only on a promotional basis, so watch for upcoming opportunities

Elite Benefits:

Club Carlson members will be able to achieve Elite status faster – Eligible Stays and Award Nights will now both count toward Elite status
Concierge Elite members will still receive a 75% Gold Points bonus on Eligible Stays, and will still have access to the Concierge Elite reservation number on the back of the Concierge Elite member cards. Our 24/7 Global Concierge Service will be discontinued effective March 1st, 2014.
The Gold Points bonus on Eligible Stays will change to 35% for Gold Elite members and 15% for Silver Elite members

Terms & Conditions:

Our program terms and conditions will be updated to reflect these changes as of March 15, 2014

http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/77...gof1.YRed.cta1

nsummy Feb 18, 2014 11:43 pm

Could be a lot worse! I'd say mild devaluation at best.

berlinflyer83 Feb 19, 2014 12:28 am

They announced it in advance, which is an improvement over how they handled previous program changes.

Still, Club Carlson isn't really doing anything to keep my loyalty. They've devalued the program yet again, and still don't have a European credit card.

I've been staying at Accor hotels recently, and while the elite program sucks, the hotels are nice...and always nearby. Club Carlson usually I have to travel a bit further (or deal with really bad Park Inns -- e.g. in Munich).

Blueskyheaven Feb 19, 2014 1:04 am

Horrible. Read in full in the e-mail I received. It is a bad change!

treppenlaeufer Feb 19, 2014 2:03 am

114 hotels one category up, 66 one down, 1 two down.

India being the absolute sweetspot now, whereas category 1 hotels in EMEA are becoming a dying breed. The city centre Paris properties all moving to 70k.

toomanybooks Feb 19, 2014 2:34 am

The only thing I care about is the 50=>70 part.

No emails about this to any of the several family accounts I watch.

WORLDWIDE TRAVELER Feb 19, 2014 2:50 am

Devaluation at his finest, just incredible Park inn Sarvar Hungary one year ago costs 9k then 15k and now 28k thats an unbelivable 230% increase in a bit over a year also a lot of hotels are going up by 40% from 50-70k points and thats on the top that there is no cc credit card in europe.
byby club carlson.
And also no more booking points and only 35% Bonus for Golds no more reason to stay with carlson.

Yul_voyager Feb 19, 2014 5:10 am

Big devaluation for Paris' hotels. The loss of the Ambassador was not enough....
For the rest or the world the devaluation is still ok, for this year, but with the creation of a cat 7 it is a matter of time before seeing all sweet spot going to 70k...

Ikaz Feb 19, 2014 5:32 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 22375681)
The only thing I care about is the 50=>70 part.

No emails about this to any of the several family accounts I watch.

I got the email just now, so I guess that not all e-mails were sent at the same time ;)

The bad thing for me here is the removal of the booking bonus, but the good thing that was in my e-mail:

Thank you for your continued loyalty in 2013. Unfortunately you did not meet the requirements to maintain your Gold Elite status this year. However, we value your business and would like to help you reach Gold Elite Status again, by adding five Elite Qualifying Nights to your account after just one Eligible Stay between February 19 and March 19, 2014.
So I will be getting an extra 5 qualifying nights for a planned stay :)

haslund Feb 19, 2014 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Ikaz (Post 22376180)
I got the email just now, so I guess that not all e-mails were sent at the same time ;)

The bad thing for me here is the removal of the booking bonus, but the good thing that was in my e-mail:

So I will be getting an extra 5 qualifying nights for a planned stay :)

Dont feel too special this is what I receieved:

Congratulations you have maintained your Gold Elite member tier this year.

To help you reach our next tier Concierge Elite, we will add five Elite Qualifying Nights to your account after just one Eligible Stay between February 19 and March 19, 2014.

Frenske Feb 19, 2014 5:50 am

I hope that block booked rooms count towards status.

Also I hope that food and drinks in that case of block booking generates gold points. I had a bit of an altercation with the hotel management. Basically they were not doing themselves a favourite by denying me points for food and drinks; I told them next time don't count on me to spend money in their overprized restaurants.

Yul_voyager Feb 19, 2014 5:54 am

I (as probably many FTers) don't care of the reward nights counting for status. I have Gold status with Amex Plat and would never qualify for Concierge...
The big devaluation for me is removal of booking bonus and lower Silver/Gold bonus points.

But with all the free Silver / Gold from the credit card it is not unexpected (well, I am a "free" Gold so I cannot really complain but if I had qualified by the hard way I would be really angry)

RTW1 Feb 19, 2014 6:04 am

Another program where members not from NA are ignored.... No status here unless earned, and no free (second) awards nights either.

Such a shame since some hotels in Europa are quite nice while those in the US are not....

Arabmoney Feb 19, 2014 6:25 am

damn mayfair on london now 70k, this was always a sweet redemption

SkinsFan0521 Feb 19, 2014 6:33 am

I got the same email, but I don't see anything that says if it applies to any stays after the cutoff date or any bookings made after the cutoff date.

Does anybody know the answer to that?