Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: aa exp, ihg plat amb
Also received an email response today, with apologies for the delay (it took about 2 weeks). Glad I was matched before my stay.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, CC Gold
I sent numerous emails all showing screen shots of my PC plat status to be matched to gold, a status match that they commonly do. After a few weeks of waiting and checking, I finally called and the agent was very nice. She was able to pull up my emails (that were still in pending) and upgrade me to gold right then. Now just another waiting game for my reward points to post...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
A bit Off Topic, but I find that Club Carlson staff is not aware of elite benefits. In my few recent stays, the check in agent has almost no idea of the benefits. And this is at the check in line that has the big sign for CC members. And to make it more amusing, in the 6 properties I have recently stayed at, all of the agents had a mouse pad with the matrix that states elite benefits for different levels.
I have had to inquire at each property "what are the benefits for gold members at this property" and each time, a blank stare and gasping for words.
The benefits I have received range from no upgrade "upgrade", fruit plates, free breakfast, choice of beverage/appetizer at bar and even bonus point welcome ammenity.

Is this just me or has anyone had similar experience?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Took me about 4 weeks to get matched and they ended up doing it after my stay, not that the front desk clerk even knew what gold status was when I asked about it, but they did comp me the points that I was owed as an apology.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
A bit Off Topic, but I find that Club Carlson staff is not aware of elite benefits. In my few recent stays, the check in agent has almost no idea of the benefits. And this is at the check in line that has the big sign for CC members. And to make it more amusing, in the 6 properties I have recently stayed at, all of the agents had a mouse pad with the matrix that states elite benefits for different levels.
I have had to inquire at each property "what are the benefits for gold members at this property" and each time, a blank stare and gasping for words.
The benefits I have received range from no upgrade "upgrade", fruit plates, free breakfast, choice of beverage/appetizer at bar and even bonus point welcome ammenity.

You are not the only one. Mr. Nacho stayed at 2 Radissons in Scandinavia back in January, and I signed him up using Xing's link to be silver.

First night at Radisson Helsinki, no upgrade no recognisation (Mr. Nacho asked) whatsoever, basically ignored his status.

Second night in Oslo, again Mr. Nacho didn't get any automatic upgrade. He then ask - the FD has a mouse pad with benefits on, also there were some leaflets about CC. So he took a leaflet, pointed out that Silver also gets ugprades. After that he was upgraded to a business room - FD was very unwilling to do so. He told Mr. Nacho that he has been 'seriously' upgraded because they were fully booked.

I know that he is not Gold or Concierge level, and yes I know that a lot of Golds and Concierge elites here at FY hardly get upgrades. It's bad because the information is widely available - on their mouse pads, leaflets right in front ot them etc. FD/hotel ought to know what the elite perks are.

We'll be staying in Park Inn next week, so let see if it's the same. Now that Mr. Nacho is matched to Gold, perhaps we should really bring the leaflet with us
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I wish there would be a CC representative here. I have earlier received the information from CC that only Concierge is entitled to an upgrade to different room category. Others can get the best room within the same category (e.g. refurbished, corner room etc). So only Concierges should expect upgrades to better room categories.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by niksal
I wish there would be a CC representative here. I have earlier received the information from CC that only Concierge is entitled to an upgrade to different room category. Others can get the best room within the same category (e.g. refurbished, corner room etc). So only Concierges should expect upgrades to better room categories.
There is a CC rep here at FT. I did email him about Mr. Nacho's missing stays.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:35 am

Took a few weeks, but I was status matched to Carlson Silver Elite from Hyatt Platinum, the latter of which was only obtained by way of the Visa Signature offer from a couple of months ago. Just in time to book for a road trip involving two giveaway stays!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU

I have been lucky, and been upgraded with every single stay since becoming gold

Consistent them is you have to ask for it, they dont just do it.

That went for SAS Royal Stavanger ( 3 times ), Raddisson CDG Paris, Radisson Lexington New York.

I still wait to see what they do before asking, but they always upgrade me.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by drspear
I have been lucky, and been upgraded with every single stay since becoming gold

Consistent them is you have to ask for it, they dont just do it.

That went for SAS Royal Stavanger ( 3 times ), Raddisson CDG Paris, Radisson Lexington New York.

I still wait to see what they do before asking, but they always upgrade me.
Can you report back what kind of upgrade you get? To a suite, corner room, high floor, better view?

"Upgrade" to a business room is not an upgrade I wish for. Business rooms are a bit nicer, maybe an espresso machine, nicer furniture. Sometimes I just want the extra space.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:17 pm

Took them 2+ weeks for the original match. They matched Hilton HHonors Gold to Carlson Silver. After reading through this thread I noticed that Carlson was matching Priority Club Plat to Carlson Gold so I sent in another match request, crossed my fingers, and wouldn't you know it 2+ more weeks later I've got Carlson Gold through 3/14

Seems like folks calling in are getting less long-lived status matches...
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:30 pm

Got matched yesterday (Marriott Plat) to Gold.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowimpact
Took them 2+ weeks for the original match. They matched Hilton HHonors Gold to Carlson Silver. After reading through this thread I noticed that Carlson was matching Priority Club Plat to Carlson Gold so I sent in another match request, crossed my fingers, and wouldn't you know it 2+ more weeks later I've got Carlson Gold through 3/14

Seems like folks calling in are getting less long-lived status matches...
Weird, I got HH and MR Gold for CC Gold. They didn't even recognise IHG Plat.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I got a status match back in May and my card finally arrived over the weekend. I'm somewhat concerned however since I specifically asked about having the status matched till 02/14 (as others had reported receiving) and I got a confirmation email from CC on this......but the card has a 02/13 date on it.

Anyone else that got the match get a card with a 02/14 date yet?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by christianj
I got a status match back in May and my card finally arrived over the weekend. I'm somewhat concerned however since I specifically asked about having the status matched till 02/14 (as others had reported receiving) and I got a confirmation email from CC on this......but the card has a 02/13 date on it.

Anyone else that got the match get a card with a 02/14 date yet?
While I haven't looked all the way upthread either, my first guess is that they haven't minted the "2014" cards yet, so if you have the paper confirmation, you're good and can rest until early 2014.

(Come to think of it, I haven't even gotten my 2013 Gold card yet -- in months. But it shows everywhere it needs to.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.