Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR Status just extended until 31 March 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Status just extended until 31 March 2023

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I would say it is up to QR if they give the benefit of "not earned" status extension or not. Just be happy for those who got it ;-)
By the way, to earn 1500 to 2000 QPoints per year is not so easy, it requires quite extensive traveling ....at least that is my "feeling" with :-)
I did just nine round trip longhaul flights with them in 2022. 2x JNB to USA, 5x JNB to EU and 2x JNB to DXB. All business class (except for the ""F"" between DOH and DXB for the ME flights trips).

also had 4x Iberia inter EU segments and 4x Comair domestic segments in SA.

So not even monthly travel and still pulled off in excess of 1500 points.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
I did just nine round trip longhaul flights with them in 2022. 2x JNB to USA, 5x JNB to EU and 2x JNB to DXB. All business class (except for the ""F"" between DOH and DXB for the ME flights trips).

You must know that puts you in the top handful percentage of flyers by distance each year? It's not representative of or easy for most folk
florin, jah718, Edvard and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 6:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)

It is ongoing roughly every six weeks - impressive!
My personal record was 1480 QPoints and what I do remember is, that this was too much traveling ;-)

But again - this is not a “easy” thing as you have to have the money for this amount of leisure trips, if it is for leisure, or you have to find (have) a customer, who is willing to pay for :-)
So in any case, impressive ;-)
KingCanute likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by KingCanute
You must know that puts you in the top handful percentage of flyers by distance each year? It's not representative of or easy for most folk
I was just shy of this level of travel the last handful of years leading up to the pandemic. My initial thoughts are pity for the people that do this much travel, even if it is all in business class. I am happy I could use the pandemic changes to break my pattern.

In particular the last two years before the pandemic I was travelling often enough that crew remembered me from previous travel, for for long haul that is a scary amount of travel.

-A
Old Apr 7, 2023, 9:16 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I had been notified in late-December that my Silver-status was extended to 31st March 2023, but had already booked my travel for most of the year on other (cheaper) airlines, now I've just checked my status and found it's still Silver until 31st December 2023, without being notified of the further extension !

No complaints about that, if only I'd been told sooner, and QR were more reasonable on pricing, then I might yet use them again. But all this last-minute extension, actually works against my booking with them, I wish they would communicate better, & further-in-advance !
tav1989 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by KingCanute
not so sure, judging by social media, it appears people live on planes. Also not getting the white car service at HIA reserved for VIP's yet. Who knows where the mystery top tier kicks in?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:47 pm

not so sure, judging by social media, it appears people live on planes. Also not getting the white car service at HIA reserved for VIP's yet. Who knows where the mystery top tier kicks in?
Socia media is quite deliberately not real life
Edvard and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Just logged into my account. I was one of the ones who got his status extended until Dec 31 2023. Now, to my surprise, my status is extended to to 31 May 2024.. However, instead of requiring 20 points to requalify .. I need 300!!! Anyone else has the same ??
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Just logged into my account. I was one of the ones who got his status extended until Dec 31 2023. Now, to my surprise, my status is extended to to 31 May 2024.. However, instead of requiring 20 points to requalify .. I need 300!!! Anyone else has the same ??
If your memership year end is now 31 May 24, the points you need to earn to renew on that date would be those accrued between 1 June 23 and 31 May 24. Any qpoints earned during the previous year (which is now 1 June 22 - 31 May 23) will not count towards the renewal in 2024, unless you are relying on the 2 year total.

Perhaps you crossed a tier threshold on 1 June this year to upgrade to the next level and reset your membership year date? If not and they've just extended you again for free, they are fast going to be hacking off a lot of customers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.