Using Cash + Avios to book a flight

Old May 1, 2022, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Using Cash + Avios to book a flight

Hello people!
I was going to book a flight using the Cash + Avios payment option. But when I'm in the process of booking, the Cash + Avios option is not shown in the trip summary page. It only shows the Pay Now and Hold my Booking options.
How can I book my flight using the Cash + Avios option?
Does anyone happen to know why I can't see this Cash + Avios option as a payment method?
Any advice regarding this matter would be highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Have a great day!
Old May 3, 2022, 6:38 pm

You need to have enough Avios for this option to appear. I think 50% of Avios should be there.
If you do not have Avios, then this option will not display at all.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by kaveeshapunsara
Hello people!
I was going to book a flight using the Cash + Avios payment option. But when I'm in the process of booking, the Cash + Avios option is not shown in the trip summary page. It only shows the Pay Now and Hold my Booking options.
How can I book my flight using the Cash + Avios option?
Does anyone happen to know why I can't see this Cash + Avios option as a payment method?
Any advice regarding this matter would be highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Have a great day!
Hi there,

if I remember right, you have to click on "pay now" and then the option shows up up again. I did made a Cash (CC) + Avios booking a few weeks ago, it was somehow confusing to get to the end, but finally it went through (i used around 200,000 Avios)
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:51 am

Is there any set formula (or a table 😁 ) for the reduction in the cash element on a cash plus Avios booking?

Unfortunately my Avios are currently across a number of schemes (QR, BA, EI) and you need to have the Avios sitting in your QR account to be able to see what the range of options are. Given the utter clunkiness and high failure rate of the Avios transfer tool, I dont want to combine them until I have a better view of value.

I do know that on BA it is a non-linear scale, i.e. the cash reduction per Avios used varies depending on the number used (I think on a diminishing basis, the more you use, the less value you get per Avios).

I did try to search but nothing was apparent.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
These are all good questions. I'd love to know the answer myself.
I'm going to the QRPC desk in QR main office in Doha this week. I hear the staff there are very knowledgable and helpful. So I will ask this question about miles + cash,
>>> Is there any set formula (or a table 😁 ) for the reduction in the cash element on a cash plus Avios booking
When there, I will also ask why it appears to me that some redemptions cost different amounts of miles + cash on BA and QR for the same flights on QR metal. (BA is cheaper, as far as I can see)

I'm open to asking other questions, so feel free to post here - or DM me and I'll try and get answers for QR puzzles..

V best Grantosol
Kgmm77 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.