Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

A350 grounding - what is the longer term solution beyond re-utilising A330s?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 grounding - what is the longer term solution beyond re-utilising A330s?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AY will assist QR with daily A330 service from HEL/ARN/CPH starting W22/23. I suppose this will free up 3 B787.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finn...-doha-doh.html

https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=4339820
I’m all for this it it helps in any way to get rid of those ancient A330s please.

Five star airline my a** when you get a dirty old seats in Economy with tiny IFE screens from mid 2000s, what a joke really
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
AA, AC, MH and now AY?
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Are there any old CX 777's that have found their way to QR?
My recent flight from MLE to DOH was (Im sure) an old CX airframe.
Was in the old PE seats and the J class looked like CX, it did have QR paint job outside, just curious to know.

Is there a restriction on who can select the old PE seats? mine was a Y class ticket and OWS status with BA.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by qraec777
AA, AC, MH and now AY?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Al-B is pulling all connections he has in his rolladex to get out of this mess.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Are there any old CX 777's that have found their way to QR?
QR leasing 4 class CX 77Ws
Engineering Travel likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
I’m all for this it it helps in any way to get rid of those ancient A330s please.

Five star airline my a** when you get a dirty old seats in Economy with tiny IFE screens from mid 2000s, what a joke really
I doubt they will retire the A330s... more likely this will help relieve the situation with the parked and undelivered A350. I'm sure they will use the A330 to destinations where there is not much protest. (South Asia, S.E. Asia, Africa etc)
florin likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
AA, AC, MH and now AY?
plus BA on LGW-DOH daily
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:59 pm
THR

Any news on whether they are still retrofitting QSuites into 777 aircraft? Or has that been stalled due to the lack of availability? Hopefully to resume after the World Cup, if it has stalled, and before my flight NRT-DOH next year (marked as 2-2-2, albeit I know it's way too soon to know, but most flights at the moment are flying as 2-2-2 according to EF).
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Al-B is pulling all connections he has in his rolladex to get out of this mess.
Now, now... In most of those cases, it is a win-win.

AY, MH, CX, WY all have far too many planes and absolutely nowhere to fly them. They need QR as much as QR needs them.
AC is a bilateral limitation on number of flights: QR can't serve YYZ unless they cancel some YUL flights.
The only one that's a bit perplexing is AA, given they too have a shortage of longhaul planes.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
It's a good step forward, certainly a win-win. 787s have a long range and can be deployed to many other destinations.
Maybe in time AY might be able to cover some additional European destinations, freeing up QR metal.

(I'm still hoping this situation gets worked out as we all seem to love the A350s)
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:56 am

Qatar is now leasing 3 additional A330s from Oman Air.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 11:43 pm

We can add Royal Air Maroc to the list, apparently AT "will be the only airline to operate a direct flight between Casablanca and Doha" -- in another part of this press release/article (this story appears with nearly identical words elsewhere), they write that the "operation to Doha was suspended since March 2020" which gives the impression that there were no direct flights between CMN and DOH in the meantime. This seems to be a pattern with these statements, downplaying the real reason for the change and making it sound like new service or like it's about partner airlines connecting through DOH, of course this replaces a 77W QSuite route.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...ights-to-doha/
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:22 am

And well, Airbus has cancelled all the pending orders for the Airbus A350. QR really did lose its chance to compete head-on-head and maximize profits right during the most important time in its 25 year history.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/airb...ys-a350-order/
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
And well, Airbus has cancelled all the pending orders for the Airbus A350. QR really did lose its chance to compete head-on-head and maximize profits right during the most important time in its 25 year history.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/airb...ys-a350-order/
The conclusion of that article sums it up. Silly QR.
mr_botak likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:46 pm

digging their own grave and making consumers suffer with old products
GalaxyChris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.