Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How to Check Rewards Flight Availability on Qatar Website

How to Check Rewards Flight Availability on Qatar Website

Old Aug 6, 22, 9:51 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,439
If you want to search points without having any points in your Qatar account, you have to re-confirm the linkage of your BA and Q accounts.

You can do that at your Qatar dashboard.
kalderlake is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 12:59 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by kalderlake View Post
If you want to search points without having any points in your Qatar account, you have to re-confirm the linkage of your BA and Q accounts.

You can do that at your Qatar dashboard.
I see in a few screenshots above that you can see award availability by week. I only seem to be able to search day by day and its exhausting.
traveler202 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 9:06 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,439
Originally Posted by traveler202 View Post
I see in a few screenshots above that you can see award availability by week. I only seem to be able to search day by day and it’s exhausting.
Are you talking about the shots where the seven days of flights are shown across the top of the search page with the flights for the particular day searched on the bottom as in post #26?

Maybe try changing the site you're using (top right on the main Qatar page)? I'm using English Canada and the seven day info shows for me.

It also has the option to show a full 30 days of lowest prices on the top right.

Last edited by kalderlake; Aug 28, 22 at 9:26 am
kalderlake is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 6:11 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by kalderlake View Post
Are you talking about the shots where the seven days of flights are shown across the top of the search page with the flights for the particular day searched on the bottom as in post #26?

Maybe try changing the site you're using (top right on the main Qatar page)? I'm using English Canada and the seven day info shows for me.

It also has the option to show a full 30 days of lowest prices on the top right.
Cant seem to get this to show either. I admittedly only have 1000 avios in my BA account though Ive linked it to Qatar so it doesnt let me see award availability without first searching revenue fares and then clicking to see avios. But it requires a day by day search
traveler202 is offline  
Old Aug 31, 22, 3:21 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 54
I’m trying to book a QR award flight but although I’ve linked my BAEC and Privilege Club accounts and Avios show in my dashboard, I’m having problems transferring Avios between the two accounts. I’ve tried from both accounts and when I’m asked to log in to my BA account I get a message that says there’s a problem please try later. BAEC tell me I don’t need to transfer Avios and QRPC tell me I do and they can’t make booking on the phone! Have tried using a different browser, logging out and switching iPad off but no joy. Any advice gratefully received.
Essex Flyer is offline  
Old Sep 1, 22, 3:47 am
  #81  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 14,537
Originally Posted by traveler202 View Post
Cant seem to get this to show either. I admittedly only have 1000 avios in my BA account though Ive linked it to Qatar so it doesnt let me see award availability without first searching revenue fares and then clicking to see avios. But it requires a day by day search
The standard search yields the page on the screenshot. It gives you a week of dates, but only the date you requested is detailed. But it is very fast to move around that date to the other dates.
If there no awards on the date you requested, then QR will return a no-award message and will not display the weekly page. That must be your problem.
brunos is offline  
Old Sep 1, 22, 4:06 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Posts: 296
I can see tons of reward availability on aa.com for australia early next year in J for 80k but on Q2 ON qatars website , is there a way not to pay double? I dont have anyway of transferring to AA
tdot_guy is offline  
Old Sep 5, 22, 7:39 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond ( Thank Amex) Hyatt Discov
Posts: 1,905
Originally Posted by Essex Flyer View Post
Im trying to book a QR award flight but although Ive linked my BAEC and Privilege Club accounts and Avios show in my dashboard, Im having problems transferring Avios between the two accounts. Ive tried from both accounts and when Im asked to log in to my BA account I get a message that says theres a problem please try later. BAEC tell me I dont need to transfer Avios and QRPC tell me I do and they cant make booking on the phone! Have tried using a different browser, logging out and switching iPad off but no joy. Any advice gratefully received.
I had same problem linking BA and Qatar Avios. BA had first middlename in First name field, so I ended amending Qatar PP with similar firstmiddle name showinf in first name field. They asked me to upload passport and another govt issued ID and said they will amend name in Qatar PP profile in a few days after which I will be able to link. Let us hope it worls
SingaporeDon is offline  
Old Sep 5, 22, 6:46 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MEL
Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Posts: 6,684
Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
I can see tons of reward availability on aa.com for australia early next year in J for 80k but on Q2 ON qatars website , is there a way not to pay double? I dont have anyway of transferring to AA
J awards on QR to/from Australia early next year sounds dubious. Have you checked a third site, like ExpertFlyer? Or have you actually tried to book the tickets on AA? It could be a mistake (bug?) on the AA website. Is it the same exact itinerary on the same exact dates?
tdot_guy likes this.
florin is offline  
Old Sep 5, 22, 7:02 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London
Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Plus Gold, BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Posts: 323
Apologies if already mentioned elsewhere, but the Qatar Airways app is much much easier than the website for checking reward availability - it's one click in the app, I.e. click "Book" at the bottom of the screen, ensure "Book an award flight" is toggled to on, then search away. Also very easy to step back, modify the search etc
ChampagneSocialist is offline  
Old Sep 13, 22, 12:19 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Posts: 296
Originally Posted by florin View Post
J awards on QR to/from Australia early next year sounds dubious. Have you checked a third site, like ExpertFlyer? Or have you actually tried to book the tickets on AA? It could be a mistake (bug?) on the AA website. Is it the same exact itinerary on the same exact dates?
my apologies I wasn't looking at the right thing. Now I cant find anything to/from AUS or North America, not sure what happened at QR, they made us all pile up avios and now they have withdrawn completely. 2023 avios redemption availability are at zero.
tdot_guy is offline  
Old Sep 13, 22, 12:31 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MEL
Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Posts: 6,684
Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
my apologies I wasn't looking at the right thing. Now I cant find anything to/from AUS or North America, not sure what happened at QR, they made us all pile up avios and now they have withdrawn completely. 2023 avios redemption availability are at zero.
Yup.... it's not a pretty picture. To be fair, redemption availability is probably NOT zero; I see some availability for flights to/from Australia in Y. J awards are [almost] non-existent.
tdot_guy likes this.
florin is offline  
Old Sep 13, 22, 2:07 am
  #88  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,615
Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
my apologies I wasn't looking at the right thing. Now I cant find anything to/from AUS or North America, not sure what happened at QR, they made us all pile up avios and now they have withdrawn completely. 2023 avios redemption availability are at zero.
There was lots of availability earlier this year but others have beat you to it. I booked several that I later canceled.
erik123 is offline  
Old Sep 13, 22, 9:54 am
  #89  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Canada
Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Posts: 296
Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
There was lots of availability earlier this year but others have beat you to it. I booked several that I later canceled.
I don't think all J/F reward seats were booked by others , they were constantly releasing seats , even 12 months out , clearly they are holding tight right now. Hopefully that changes soon
tdot_guy is offline  
Old Sep 13, 22, 7:11 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MEL
Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Posts: 6,684
In "rich" countries like AU and US people have been locked in/out and now there's a lot of catch up travel going on. Just look at the amount of questions on this forum about premium travel US <-> Maldives/Thailand. There is a similar AU<->Europe trend. Airlines are cashing in on this and they are not releasing J/F awards. Once everyone has had their travel fix, I think the situation will go back to normal. It's just a matter of time, and it might take another 6-12 months to get there.
tdot_guy likes this.
florin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread