Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How to Check Rewards Flight Availability on Qatar Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to Check Rewards Flight Availability on Qatar Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by incarbon
Does QF have more availability? Not seeing much of a difference
qatar website definitely has more, with those 2X avios points rewards. Pricey, but makes plans possible in 2 player mode
A1pax likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:42 am

Hi all

i just join Qatar privilege club and want to redeem award tickets. I will be transferring my credit card points to my privilege club for the redemption. But how can I check if there are availability on my travel date? Because my date are fixed and need to ensure availability before I do my transfer.

Thank you.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robin80
Hi all

i just join Qatar privilege club and want to redeem award tickets. I will be transferring my credit card points to my privilege club for the redemption. But how can I check if there are availability on my travel date? Because my date are fixed and need to ensure availability before I do my transfer.

Thank you.
Transfer just 1 Avios to the Qatar account to see award availability.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
Transfer just 1 Avios to the Qatar account to see award availability.
I do not have any points in both either. My points are in Krisflyer and my credit card.

any other means to check? Via other airlines platform?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:14 am
Original Poster

I do not have any points in both either. My points are in Krisflyer and my credit card.

any other means to check? Via other airlines platform?
There is another way discussed earlier n this thread where people are able to see award availability without any Avios in the account by searching for a normal ticket first and then clicking on a notification that appears. I haven't personally tried that route.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:38 am

There is another way discussed earlier n this thread where people are able to see award availability without any Avios in the account by searching for a normal ticket first and then clicking on a notification that appears. I haven't personally tried that route.
Thanks for the reply. Tried but could not locate the pop-up notification.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Thanks for the reply. Tried but could not locate the pop-up notification.
you might have a pop-up blocker? You can also check AA.com, asiamiles.com and ba.com for saver award availability on QR (not the 2x option). Google and read up on how to check for award availability on One World partners
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
you might have a pop-up blocker? You can also check AA.com, asiamiles.com and ba.com for saver award availability on QR (not the 2x option). Google and read up on how to check for award availability on One World partners
tried using AA, BA can’t get result. Asiamiles manage to give me some data.

thanks
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Are you guys seeing any QR F/J award seats in July or August? September 2022 and onward seems pretty normal.

I’m specifically looking for DOH-MLE in F, but from widening my search, I literally can’t find F/J seats to anywhere, and this is even on flights with wide open F/J cabins within a few days of departure (when QR is normally good at opening award seats).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by tomofmaine
Are you guys seeing any QR F/J award seats in July or August? September 2022 and onward seems pretty normal.

I’m specifically looking for DOH-MLE in F, but from widening my search, I literally can’t find F/J seats to anywhere, and this is even on flights with wide open F/J cabins within a few days of departure (when QR is normally good at opening award seats).
Flights have been consistently full, especially this summer. QR knows they can still sell cash fares close to departure, so there's little incentive to release award seats. I've had several recent flights showing 9s in most fare buckets a week out but had the doors close with every seat taken.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by tomofmaine

It's pretty normal for QR to block out redemptions over the main summer holiday period, as well as at other peak times like Christmas, Easter and the main Muslim holidays. There may also be additional blocks that are route specific according to local events. The route I fly most frequently had nothing between the 2nd week of July and the start of September from very early on this year. Higher loads aren't helping either of course. You will probably find that c.8/9th November onwards is also blocked out for rewards due to the World Cup. You might get lucky at the last minute but I wouldn't bank on it.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:55 am

i called Qatar reservation line and was told there are either 1 or none for redemption tickets for my travelling period.

maybe those trying to check can call in too.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: Virgin Sky Club
Has anyone had any issues having availability change when trying to book a connecting flight. I have been able to find availability at the lower price on Qatar's website on a pair of flights from LHR-DOH and DOH-MLE when searching for each flight individually. However when I search for LHR-MLE the pricing changes to the x2 pricing. Furthermore these flights are showing on AA's website at the saver price so I'm pretty sure the availability is there.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hello98
Has anyone had any issues having availability change when trying to book a connecting flight. I have been able to find availability at the lower price on Qatar's website on a pair of flights from LHR-DOH and DOH-MLE when searching for each flight individually. However when I search for LHR-MLE the pricing changes to the x2 pricing. Furthermore these flights are showing on AA's website at the saver price so I'm pretty sure the availability is there.
This seems to be a case of the married segments not having availability while the individual sectors do. This happens with QR (and other airlines). You can try your luck with the contact centre but I wouldn't raise my hopes too high for them being able to book this as one award ticket.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That didn't work for me today. Seats were available on BAEC for a QR flight so I knew it would show if the search worked. After linking my BAEC and (new) QRPC accounts and transferring 1 avios the search worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.