Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How to Check Rewards Flight Availability on Qatar Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

I recently linked my BA and Qatar accounts and want to check the rewards flight availability for my flights on Qatar Airways on the Qatar website before I transfer my Avios from BA to Qatar.

However, when I visit the Redeem Avios page on the Qatar website, enter the details and click, "Show Flights," (Redeem on Qatar Airways), I get the error that says, "You do not have sufficient Avios to proceed with booking."

Therefore, how can I search reward flight availability on Qatar Airways on their website?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I had the same issue. Make sure you transfer enough avios from BA. Look for the Combine Avios button.
arfaczar likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I had the same issue. Make sure you transfer enough Avios from BA. Look for the Combine Avios button.
Really disappointed you can't just check to plan unless you have enough Avios. I have never faced this issue on any other program I have used (Emirates, British Airways, Alaska, AA, United).
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
Really disappointed you can't just check to plan unless you have enough Avios. I have never faced this issue on any other program I have used (Emirates, British Airways, Alaska, AA, United).
Its a free transfer so after you are done searching move it back.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Its a free transfer so after you are done searching move it back.
'
Thank you. Yes, did that. But would have been an issue if I didn't have enough Avios. While BA and Qatar have same Avios requirements now (and minor difference in surcharges), certain itineraries can'e be priced on the BA website such as USA -> DOH -> GCC Country as BA is only showing Economy award availability on the DOH -> GCC segment where as Qatar has First award availability on the DOH -> GCC segment. So if one does not enough Avios, it essentially isn't possible to check availability on the Qatar website.
loangirl2007 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

I had the same issue. Make sure you transfer enough avios from BA. Look for the Combine Avios button.
I tried moving the Avios back to my BA account. I get the error, "Sorry. The transfer was unsuccessful Unfortunately, we are not able to process your request. Please try again after some time." Did you face the same issue?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:39 pm

I tried moving the Avios back to my BA account. I get the error, "Sorry. The transfer was unsuccessful Unfortunately, we are not able to process your request. Please try again after some time." Did you face the same issue?

Interesting, this stops me from linking my accounts! Pity, I signed up for QR just to get a 2,000 point sign up reward in order to augment my BA riches! Back to Bloody Awful!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:57 pm
formerly willbbiddy

Can anyone check Qatar business availability IST-DOH RT 11/20-12/3. I'd love to know is something is available from them but of course I can't search without enough points and I don't want to speculatively transfer points just to find out there isn't anything. Thank you.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BirdLawyer
Can anyone check Qatar business availability IST-DOH RT 11/20-12/3. I'd love to know is something is available from them but of course I can't search without enough points and I don't want to speculatively transfer points just to find out there isn't anything. Thank you.
I looked it up for Award flights and get the message, "There are currently no flights matching your search. Please try different travel dates or itinerary." Revenue ticket is available.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:59 pm
formerly willbbiddy

I looked it up for Award flights and get the message, "There are currently no flights matching your search. Please try different travel dates or itinerary." Revenue ticket is available.
Thank you
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't tried yet.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:16 pm

You don't need enough points to book to allow you to search, just a non-zero amount I think.
willoL likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
You don't need enough points to book to allow you to search, just a non-zero amount I think.
You are right. I was able to transfer the Avios back from my QR account to my BA account today (yay). I left 1 Avios in the account and was able to do an Award ticket search and see Award availability.

Booked a QR award using my Avios. So happy with the new partnership!
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Not sure if this is a universal workaround, but I found today that after getting the “not enough Avios” error, I searched for a revenue fare and then at the results page there was an option to search for awards which worked fine.

Hope this helps.
florin, kalderlake, willoL and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by pythonisman
Not sure if this is a universal workaround, but I found today that after getting the “not enough Avios” error, I searched for a revenue fare and then at the results page there was an option to search for awards which worked fine.

Hope this helps.
This for me as well with 0 points.
pythonisman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.