Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
and now it says daily quota reached.....oh well
Old May 12, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
It would be really nice if there were a way to know the daily quotas for each country. I am pretty sure my home doesn't get any places at all. In this case, I wouldn't take one hour from all my nights this week.
Old May 12, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
I get both "Error while submitting the form" and "The daily promo code limit for your country has already been reached" and I've been doing that from very first second. Either there is something wrong or we have so many doctors in our little country
Error while submitting the form
Old May 12, 2020, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I tried a variety of routes, using Firefox, Safari and my mobile phone, and got error messages all the time. It takes quite a bit of time to fill out the form each time. Here in Germany, at 23h12 I managed to get the submit button to work, only to get a message saying all tickets had been used up for today. So that took 11 minutes from the time it went live.
Old May 12, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Why did they not just ask every one to submit an application and then do a random draw rather than waste hours of health workers time at midnight . Really badly thought out .
Old May 12, 2020, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a total lottery. It depends on the precise moment, after you have gone through the process of filling out the form, you click the submit button and whether the system somehow accepts the click instead of giving an error message. Little point knowing the quotas for each country. It's just chance if the system works in the first 10 or so minutes and you manage to get through.
Old May 12, 2020, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
As with all offers like this, there are 2 groups of people.

1. Those who submitted an entry and are hoping they're selected.

2. Those who feel its a total con because they didn't submit in time and want to lambast the airline.....
.... and a third group who recognise the hallmark of QR marketing: a short-sighted strategy implemented badly.
Old May 12, 2020, 5:46 pm

“Thank you for submitting your details. A limited number of promo codes will be distributed daily; we will send you an email within 48 hours once your request has been processed.”
Not sure if it’s a confirmation…Tried again “You have submitted your details already.”
msm2000uk likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
“Thank you for submitting your details. A limited number of promo codes will be distributed daily; we will send you an email within 48 hours once your request has been processed.”
Not sure if it’s a confirmation…Tried again “You have submitted your details already.”
Congrats. This is it actually. I had this message yesterday, altough promo code still has not arrived.
However my own country had reached the daily limit, so I had to choose another working country. I am wondering, if I can negotiate it down at the airport upon departure, or don't even try it.
Old May 12, 2020, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by e30st
Congrats. This is it actually. I had this message yesterday, altough promo code still has not arrived.
However my own country had reached the daily limit, so I had to choose another working country. I am wondering, if I can negotiate it down at the airport upon departure, or don't even try it.
Thx, you too. However, I would discourage what you did. Not only you will be denied but you also wasted someone’s chance in that country you selected...
Old May 13, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
After receiving the “we will contact you in 48 hours” has anyone actually gotten the promo code or received an update?
Old May 13, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA plat
This has been an awful campaign. 3 nights in a row I've wasted me time trying to register. Maybe my country's pool is so small that it's really useless and hopeless, but I've been trying multiple browsers on multiple computers at slightly different intervals, I always get "error while submitting the form" and the next time it happens to work, I get the notification that "The daily promo code limit for your country has already been reached. The allocation is refreshed daily at midnight Doha time (GMT+3) - please try to register again tomorrow."

The rules state that you really cannot change your country, as they will check that during check-in. "It is mandatory to present the original medical identification at the airport check-in desk at the time of departure, and it must clearly state the occupation and country of employment as submitted on the offer registration form. No photograph or printed identification will be accepted."

This has been a complete waste of time and has deprived me of my sleeping time... I'm so pissed I will avoid Qatar when flying resumes. It would have been more fair to just accept the forms and then make a daily lottery who gets the free flights and who doesn't. This marketing ploy failed big time.
Old May 13, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What an utter piece of s*%^ this is. They take us for complete idiots, like dropouts in a pub somewhere playing the electronic scratchcard machines. I wouldn't mind if there was a fair chance with this thing, but the form will simply not go through without an error. Sure enough, it's quite happy to tell you that the quota has been used up when that time comes. I will continue trying, but I really think that this is a bit of an insult to true medical workers.

Well, I suspect this thread will become a much quieter place during the next few days. It already has, in fact. I too certainly wouldn't be motivated to book Qatar going forward based on this, But I have anyway never been motivated to book Qatar, despite what raving bloggers express here, and so far I have never flown with them.

Last edited by Concerto; May 13, 2020 at 3:43 pm Reason: more info
Old May 13, 2020, 4:22 pm

So I got an message when I filled out the form on monday that they will contact me in 48 hours if im selected. And today after exactly 48 hours. Qatar gave me an email with my code. Hats off!
Old May 13, 2020, 4:36 pm

Anyone know if there is any way to upgrade these. They seem to book into fare class W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.