Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
How did I miss this!

We were denied the STPC because the Sake ticket was too cheap but if I would have known I could have had a hotel via this offer instead that would have been a much better way of passing the time!

Am I right in thinking though that anything below 24 hours is classed as Transit and therefore not included?
cgtechuk if you read http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page you will find
"A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer."

Please remember that you also have to obtain a free 96 hour transit visa which you can only do once per PNR.

Please read all the terms and conditions so that you avoid a potentially expensive mistake.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
On my date, Sharq, RC, Intercontinental, Wyndham, St Regis, and Oryx are available. I would prefer something relaxing and am tempted by the Sharq, is this a good choice?
I selected the Sharq. The pictures of the grounds and pool are beautiful. In addition, it is about an 8 minute drive from the airport with No city traffic. Talk about Doha bliss! ^
Old May 12, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by remdk
cgtechuk if you read http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page you will find
"A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer."

Please remember that you also have to obtain a free 96 hour transit visa which you can only do once per PNR.

Please read all the terms and conditions so that you avoid a potentially expensive mistake.
Well, if one is from the GCC or Turkey, they will not have to apply for the 96 hour visa, as they come from visa-free countries
Old May 12, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by remdk

Thanks, we ended up on the way out coughing up the £20 p/p for Visa on arrival which was valid for 30 days iirc so that would have been fine and we paid for a cheap overnight hotel The way back was a 22 hour transit and we only did the tour they offered as it came with a free visa. Albeit we couldnt leave the tour group.

Slightly annoying to see that I could have qualified for this if I had read into this in more detail ah well win some lose some
Old May 12, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

Thanks! I also just managed to get a confirmation for an existing booking, so hopefully my hotel next week is on QR! I have a flexible booking I already made at the same hotel (Shangri-La) which I'm going to hold on to for now just in case.
lost_in_translation - could you, or anyone else in a similar situation, please kindly advise whether hotel reservations for existing (non-multi-city) bookings have been honoured at hotel check-in?

I have seven QR F/J DOH transit itineraries (including for wife, daughter and son) during the promotion period, and I have 'dipped my toe in the water' by apparently successfully making hotel reservations using this scheme for two approx sixteen hour DOH transits.

We often splash out GBP200+ for a room at the airside Airport Hotel, but saving multiple amounts of GBP200+ is too good to resist. However I'd hate to arrive at a Doha hotel at midnight, only to be refused a previously-booked free room because my airline booking wasn't multi-city.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
lost_in_translation - could you, or anyone else in a similar situation, please kindly advise whether hotel reservations for existing (non-multi-city) bookings have been honoured at hotel check-in?

I have seven QR F/J DOH transit itineraries (including for wife, daughter and son) during the promotion period, and I have 'dipped my toe in the water' by apparently successfully making hotel reservations using this scheme for two approx sixteen hour DOH transits.

We often splash out GBP200+ for a room at the airside Airport Hotel, but saving multiple amounts of GBP200+ is too good to resist. However I'd hate to arrive at a Doha hotel at midnight, only to be refused a previously-booked free room because my airline booking wasn't multi-city.
My booking at the Shangri-La was indeed honoured. Also, being a Shangri-La they are quite flexible in terms of loyalty scheme benefits and I was able to have my GC number associated with the booking in advance so I could see it online, upgrade the standard room booked through QR to a Horizon Club room and even received GC Points for the booking. Their hotel limo service is also excellent - would recommend the Shangri-La if you get the choice (although St Regis and RC both also look very good if a bit far from DOH).
Old May 14, 2017, 3:15 am

Also to add to that I used the 96 hour visa and it was an impressively smooth experience - there was literally no one else in the Premium Arrivals facility when I went through and they didn't even need to ask to see my print out of the visa (which you are told to bring with you).
Old May 14, 2017, 4:50 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Just got an email confirming the visa application has been approved. Trying to book a hotel via website, but literally have no idea how to do that. Mb all hotels are gone on 3rd June. I can only see grey boxes under 5 Star Hotel/4 Star Hotel/3 Star Hotel when when searching for hotels for my dates. How do you book it guys?
Old May 14, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Their hotel limo service is also excellent - would recommend the Shangri-La if you get the choice.
Does the Shangri-La have any airport shuttle? Or should I take a taxi?

Staying there next September.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by HAT
Just got an email confirming the visa application has been approved. Trying to book a hotel via website, but literally have no idea how to do that. Mb all hotels are gone on 3rd June. I can only see grey boxes under 5 Star Hotel/4 Star Hotel/3 Star Hotel when when searching for hotels for my dates. How do you book it guys?
I had this problem too, are you trying to check in and check out on the same date?

Try adding the check out to the next day, that worked for me.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Zolex
Does the Shangri-La have any airport shuttle? Or should I take a taxi?

Staying there next September.
I'm not sure if they do, I think a lot of the 5 star hotels in Doha don't bother. If you're cost conscious I would take an Uber even if they offered an airport shuttle - I paid 36 QAR one way which is insanely cheap if you're splitting it between multiple people. The hotel car is 225 QAR for a 5 Series or 295 QAR for a 7 Series, but comes with Wifi, water, dates, etc.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:57 pm

I'm not sure if they do, I think a lot of the 5 star hotels in Doha don't bother. If you're cost conscious I would take an Uber even if they offered an airport shuttle - I paid 36 QAR one way which is insanely cheap if you're splitting it between multiple people. The hotel car is 225 QAR for a 5 Series or 295 QAR for a 7 Series, but comes with Wifi, water, dates, etc.
Just take a taxi, they know where all the hotels are and its very easy to get one from the taxi rank outside the airport.
The taxi was only 36 QAR because the starting fare for an airport pick up is 25 QAR! So it'll be even cheaper going back!
Uber also works well in Doha.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Ben_W
Just take a taxi, they know where all the hotels are and its very easy to get one from the taxi rank outside the airport.
The taxi was only 36 QAR because the starting fare for an airport pick up is 25 QAR! So it'll be even cheaper going back!
Uber also works well in Doha.
To be clear, the Uber was 36 QAR from the Shangri La to DOH rather than the other way around, given there wasn't much traffic at all at the time in the morning I left I'm not convinced it would get much cheaper than that. You can however select the cheaper budget Uber option to make the price even lower!
Old May 15, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I went to book my hotel and there is only one 5* offered. Can you change the hotel later on, or is it that once you have booked it, it is booked for ever? The hotel is the Retaj Royale Doha. Any good? Near to the city? I wanted the Marriott.

How far in advance can you apply for the free stopover VISA?

Last edited by TonyBurr; May 15, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Old May 15, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I went to book my hotel and there is only one 5* offered. Can you change the hotel later on, or is it that once you have booked it, it is booked for ever? The hotel is the Retaj Royale Doha. Any good? Near to the city? I wanted the Marriott.
TonyBurr https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC says
"Bookings confirmed are non-amendable, non-cancellable and non-transferable."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.