Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Qatar hasn't been a happy place with regards to COVID. The conditions in some of the communities of migrant workers was less than ideal in ensuring social distancing, though there was no transmission from its direct neighbours - a rare advantage of the political isolation it is still living through.

Opening up is likely to be awkward, given the pent-up demand for travel to and from the sub-continent and beyond.

But clearly opening up is going to happen, though it's probably best to expect this to come hedged with restrictions. I wouldn't imagine re-establishing extended stop-overs for tourists an immediate priority for the government.

But who knows? We'll just have to be patient.
Currently residents are allowed back into Qatar from August the 1st but have to stay and pay at a Government approved hotel for a two week quarantine period. Many residents will not do this so will probably wait until the next step which will probably require two week home quarantine. This will likely take us until at least October so I cant see any tourists / visitors being allowed without any sort of quarantine until the end of the year.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Bump.

Where did people get to on getting refunds for this? I was previously due to be passing through DOH in late August, and had booked and paid for a one night Discover Qatar stopover. Flights changed to later in the year, no problem, but what about the hotel?

Now, I know it says "no refunds" on the Ts & Cs, but the COVID-specific webpage also says that "all tours & excursions have been suspended up to and including 15 September... If travel restrictions are extended, bookings will be cancelled and refunded in full, without charge."

Has anyone had any joy in getting refunds? Do you need to apply or is it automatic? (I paid on a now-closed credit card account, so a credit card automatic refund isn't much help to me)
Old Jul 27, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by kt74
Has anyone had any joy in getting refunds? Do you need to apply or is it automatic?
I applied via: [email protected]
Took >30 days.

Dear Luke,
We are sorry to hear about your travel disruption and we understand that you wish to cancel all of your pre-booked Discover Qatar services.
In order to support your booking amendment/cancellation request we will waive any applicable handling/cancellation fees.
By requesting a cancellation, you are accepting the fee waiver offer. All cancellations are final and cannot be reversed.
The refund amount is QARxxx and our refund process may take up to 30 days to complete.
It will be refunded to the same card used when the booking was made.

*Prior charged handling fees are not refundable.
Please reply as soon as you can to finalize the cancellation.
Best regards,
Larry M. Mortel
Senior Airport Operations Agent
kt74 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Has anyone had any joy in getting refunds? Do you need to apply or is it automatic?
I had a night booked for April layover which didn't happen, got my refund in June. Didn't contact them.
kt74 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
Has anyone had any joy in getting refunds? Do you need to apply or is it automatic? (I paid on a now-closed credit card account, so a credit card automatic refund isn't much help to me)
I had a reservation for mid May, requested cancellation/refund in early April, and had a full refund within a week.
kt74 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 5:59 am

FYI, the Oryx Rotanta is now the Hyatt Regency Oryx Doha.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL
Is this program still active?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by xxtraloud
Is this program still active?
It had been suspended due to COVID, but seems to be back in some form. QR emailed me about it with a link: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/o...-stopover.html
xxtraloud likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:27 am

Anybody who has done this recently? We have been sent the link to book a hotel but I cannot decide if we should do it? We need a RT-PCR test no older than 72 hours when we arrive in Bangkok. But in order to access Qatar we must apply at www.ehteraz.gov.qa including a copy of a RT-PCR test at least 72 prior to our arrival in Qatar. So this means we will need two different test done within a couple of days if I understand this correctly?

Or is there any way around this some how? Can we apply later than 72 hours? Tests here are crazy expensive so really not keen on doing two test within a couple of days.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:28 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by _ann_
Anybody who has done this recently? We have been sent the link to book a hotel but I cannot decide if we should do it? We need a RT-PCR test no older than 72 hours when we arrive in Bangkok. But in order to access Qatar we must apply at www.ehteraz.gov.qa including a copy of a RT-PCR test at least 72 prior to our arrival in Qatar. So this means we will need two different test done within a couple of days if I understand this correctly?

Or is there any way around this some how? Can we apply later than 72 hours? Tests here are crazy expensive so really not keen on doing two test within a couple of days.
I'm unaware of any country requiring a test "at least 72 hours prior to arrival" (which would mean it must be more than three days before arriving). Thailand requires that the test be within 72 hours of travel, Qatar requires the test be within 72 hours of arrival. The issue is how soon after taking a test can you get the results. If you're going spend fewer than 24 hours in Doha, then a test taken the day before you fly to Qatar would be one or two days before departure to Thailand, depending on how "travel" is defined. That's comfortably within the limits. A test taken two days before flying to Doha would still be within the limits, depending on timing. However, the way I read the Thailand rules, you'd still have to take another test on arrival and stay at a designated hotel until the results arrive.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:26 am

Travel entry to Qatar states:
"Before arrival: Undergo a PCR test with a negative result 72 hours before arrival in Qatar."

So this must mean that you cannot use the same test for both Qatar and Thailand as the test will exceed the 72 hours Thailand requires, when Qatar wants a negative test sent 72 hours before we enter Qatar. Or am I just confusing myself?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by _ann_
Travel entry to Qatar states:
"Before arrival: Undergo a PCR test with a negative result 72 hours before arrival in Qatar."

So this must mean that you cannot use the same test for both Qatar and Thailand as the test will exceed the 72 hours Thailand requires, when Qatar wants a negative test sent 72 hours before we enter Qatar. Or am I just confusing myself?
It's no more than 72 hours before arrival, not exactly on the dot. It is possible to use the same test result.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
It's no more than 72 hours before arrival, not exactly on the dot. It is possible to use the same test result.
OK - so confused because when I asked the CS agent at Discover Qatar I was told that we cannot enter Qatar if we haven't sent the application with the negative test 72 prior to our arrival in Qatar? But from your understanding we can send the application for entry into Qatar let's say 20 hours before we land?

The more I read the more confused I get so appreciate any inout from anybody who has done the Stopover and applied via https://www.ehteraz.gov.qa/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.