Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Keyes
In the same situation here as #1062 --would there be additional rooms be made available? Planned trip is a couple of months away (March).
​​​​​​Westin is available again on my date. I quickly booked it this time.

The hotel looks newer/better than the Marriott.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:48 pm

Programs: MPC Silver
It's back on my date as well! I'll definitely book this now.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
Mentioned a month ago that I had booked the Westin for 28$ with only a 9 hour stopover instead of the minimum 12 hours. Some people told me Qatar Airways would cancel my reservation but happy to say it stuck and got a good 5 hours sleep last night!
Thanks for coming back to update us! Was really hoping there would some successes among the reports of cancellations
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0
May I ask how you get to the Westin? How long it took? Any other pointers?
We took an Uber both ways. From the airport to the hotel it took around 20min and cost 31QAR, and return took slightly longer due to morning traffic and was 34QAR. Both Ubers took around 3 minutes to arrive. Once inside the hotel it took less than 5 minutes to check in and get to our room. Since our reservation was prepaid and we only stayed for the night, they didn’t even ask for our credit card, which was nice.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
We took an Uber both ways. From the airport to the hotel it took around 20min and cost 31QAR, and return took slightly longer due to morning traffic and was 34QAR. Both Ubers took around 3 minutes to arrive. Once inside the hotel it took less than 5 minutes to check in and get to our room. Since our reservation was prepaid and we only stayed for the night, they didn’t even ask for our credit card, which was nice.
Since your arrival and departure time are similar to mine, can you comment on the immigration and security wait times if you were in Y? Cheers!
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:01 pm

Quick question: As we're on a 17 hour layover in Doha, will our luggage be checked all the way through to our final destination? Or are we allowed to retrieve them (at least 1 piece) and re-check them in for our stopover?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by Keyes
Quick question: As we're on a 17 hour layover in Doha, will our luggage be checked all the way through to our final destination? Or are we allowed to retrieve them (at least 1 piece) and re-check them in for our stopover?
Luggage is checked through.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:56 pm

Thanks for the confirmation!
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by kq747
Since your arrival and departure time are similar to mine, can you comment on the immigration and security wait times if you were in Y? Cheers!
Security was maybe 5 minutes and immigration was probably between 15 and 20 minutes iirc. To give you an idea, we landed at 11.15 at the furthest possible remote stand and were in bed by 12.45. It went like this: 10 minute wait in the aircraft, 15 minute bus ride, 10 min walk to security, 20 min to go through security and immigration, 5 minute wait for our Uber, 15 min Uber ride, 5 min check-in, 5 min walk to the room, 5 min to undress and brush teeth.
kq747 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:25 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Question complimentary 1-night stay in Doha at a 5-star hotel

Saw this note on one of the flight options when booking - for both J & Y class fares
Has anyone seen this before?
It seems un-related to the +Qatar stopover program.
But this note was only shown for that 1 specific flight option - I guess the 46h 45m layover had something to do with it?

Inclusive of a complimentary 1-night stay in Doha at a 5-star hotel

11:05 JFK New York
QR 0704 Airbus A350-1000
Operated by: Qatar Airways
46h 45m
1 Stop(s)
21:50 KUL
+2 day

Kuala Lumpur
QR 0852 Airbus A350-900
Operated by: Qatar Airways
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:13 pm
RY7

I usually book the hotel on the DiscoverQatar, but for booking the hotel linked to my ticket. There is no way to add my checkin/checkout time anymore.
After the payment, the document simply show the checkin time at 3pm, even though I arrive DOH at midnight.
I guess those hotels are aware of those very early arrivals of QR flights and let me checkin at midnight.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:57 pm

Hi team,

Just want to confirm, I am wanting to stay for one night in Doha each way on my trip - from Auckland to Paris and then Barcelona to Auckland. Can I make use of the USD 23 offer on both legs?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Cessna 180
Please do not let the bushfires preclude you from coming to Aus. The fires are only in a small area in reality. There is still plenty to do away from the fire areas.
In addition however, the areas that have had fires still need visitors to their towns to keep bringing in business.
I was going to visit my brother, where he lives its pretty bad, he says he hasn't seen the sun or a blue sky in over 2 months and the air quality is very bad, so have changed my flights, Australia will still be there next year when I will visit again
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:10 am

Hello, what's the best hotel for Economy class? Is it Westin? Or something else?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Saw this note on one of the flight options when booking - for both J & Y class fares
Has anyone seen this before?
It seems un-related to the +Qatar stopover program.
But this note was only shown for that 1 specific flight option - I guess the 46h 45m layover had something to do with it?

Inclusive of a complimentary 1-night stay in Doha at a 5-star hotel
I took advantage of that offer last month. My layover was 24h though. In retrospect, I would not have minded 46h as it was my first time in Doha - I could have taken my time exploring the sights instead of rushing through them!
They put me up at the Marriott Marquis City Center, which was really convenient. There's a mall attached to the hotel, and a metro station across the road - I used the metro to go back to the airport.
20% off F&B was included as part of the "Discover Qatar" program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.