Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by remdk
Flame3601 you need to be careful of this extension because there is a trap for the unwary.
According to https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar the dates for the actual stay have been extended by four months but the dates for booking have barely been extended!
https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar says "Offer Validity: Book by 31 December 2017 | Stay by 30 April 2018".
Still extended by 4 months thou in regards to dates that accommodation can be selected. If the unwary person was to book this , they would see a charge if booked after 31/12 ... instead of the very good looking $0 !
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: British Airways
I have Discover Qatar Hotel (Oryx Rotana) booked with a booking reference and it is all confirmed in Manage Booking as part of the Free Stopover.
Once I have arrived at Doha, do I need to go to certain area/desk to arrange transfer and other details for my stay at the Oryx Hotel?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by pumatwin
I have Discover Qatar Hotel (Oryx Rotana) booked with a booking reference and it is all confirmed in Manage Booking as part of the Free Stopover.
Once I have arrived at Doha, do I need to go to certain area/desk to arrange transfer and other details for my stay at the Oryx Hotel?
Can I ask where are you seeing your hotel confirmed in Manage Booking? Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:10 am

pumatwin while it is not completely true you should regard this as between the hotel and you only.
You need to arrange transport to the hotel, and back to the airport as well as food and extras at your own cost.. You are getting a free hotel room nothing else. Many hotels, including the Oryx Rotana, have shuttle buses to/from the hotel.
You will first need the +Qatar documents when you check-in at the hotel.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Can I ask where are you seeing your hotel confirmed in Manage Booking? Thanks.

If I go 'Manage your booking' via the e-mail I received. I can see Status has Confirmed.

Last edited by pumatwin; Nov 9, 2017 at 8:18 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold

If I go 'Manage your booking' via the e-mail I received. I can see Status has Confirmed.
Ah ok it is the 'Manage your booking' you receive after booking the hotel? Yep I see the same. I thought you meant 'Manage booking' for your flight.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:12 pm

I hope they extend another couple of months, we have a 17 hour stopover in Doha at the end of May.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Well I am a bit further forward (not in a good way though) with regard to the STPC - I don't qualify as there is a shorter connection from MLE. When the booking was made the later flight was not an option but it means I can sort out the arrangements myself for that part of the journey.

However, with regard to the outbound journey Qatar support still insist that the original dates apply. Will try again over the next couple of days because the support staff are wrong - plain and simple.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:16 pm

Oryx Rotana have a rep in arrivals at DOH. When you get through customs to the public landside area, if you can't see them ask at the information desk and they will point them out. The rep will ask you to sit with anyone else waiting until the free transfer bus goes. I think it used to be every 20 mins but last week it was half-hourly. Alternatively you can take a taxi for around 25 riyals
pumatwin likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Oryx Rotana have a rep in arrivals at DOH. When you get through customs to the public landside area, if you can't see them ask at the information desk and they will point them out. The rep will ask you to sit with anyone else waiting until the free transfer bus goes. I think it used to be every 20 mins but last week it was half-hourly. Alternatively you can take a taxi for around 25 riyals
Good to know.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:08 am

Brighterside qualification for STPC is calculated on the connection times of the scheduled flights the dates of travel, not the date of booking. Thus if there is a shorter connection, even if it is not available in the ticket classes you wish to use, then you do not qualify for STPC. If you look at the Wiki on I have STPC. What Do I Do? it is partly explained there.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by remdk
Brighterside qualification for STPC is calculated on the connection times of the scheduled flights the dates of travel, not the date of booking. Thus if there is a shorter connection, even if it is not available in the ticket classes you wish to use, then you do not qualify for STPC. If you look at the Wiki on I have STPC. What Do I Do? it is partly explained there.
Thanks remdk - will consider options for the return journey once I sort the outbound. Am reading the various opinions of the hotels on offer before contacting QR support again.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL EK QR TK
I just tried booking a hotel for a 12+ hour layover for Feb 8, 2018. It was accepted online, but I haven't received an email confirmation. Does that mean it wasn't approved?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by SKOOBDO
I just tried booking a hotel for a 12+ hour layover for Feb 8, 2018. It was accepted online, but I haven't received an email confirmation. Does that mean it wasn't approved?
It means that the confirmation is either in your Junk-mailbox or that you typo'd your email address.
SKOOBDO likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by duvin
It means that the confirmation is either in your Junk-mailbox or that you typo'd your email address.
Nothing in spam/junk folder, so email must be wrong. I'll send them a message and hopefully they can look into it. Thank you for responding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.