Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Any word on whether this will be extended into next year? We have a long overnight transit that qualifies for STPC but would prefer to stay in the city or at the IC on the Gulf rather than just at an airport hotel, as it is my partner’s first time in Doha.
Mentioned by Brighterside a few posts up, https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Mentioned by Brighterside a few posts up, https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar
Oops. Don’t know how I missed that. Thank you.

Of course, my stay would be in May.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Oops. Don’t know how I missed that. Thank you.

Of course, my stay would be in May.
Well, always hope of another extension. It would make sense for them to extend for just a few months at a time until they feel there is no longer a need for the promotion.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Which Doha hotel offered in the Qatar free stopover programme is the best ?
I know its always subjective but is there an obvious winner ?
I have status with IHG but I doubt that'll matter !
I'll be travelling alone sadly; so no cheap companion fares for me :-(

5*
Warwick Doha
The Westin Doha Hotel And Spa
Fraser Suites Doha
Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels
Souq Waqif,, Doha, 3496
InterContinental Doha,The City

4*
Ezdan Hotel Westbay
Holiday Inn Doha,The Business Park
Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence
It depends what you want to do really during your stay. If you want to go for a drink, sample the nightlife and modern Doha then stay at the Intercon The City. There is a decent bar on the 55th? floor with great views of the city. From there you can always walk to 5/6 other hotels with bars and restaurants within 10 minutes.

If you want to see some of the sights, like the Souq, MIA, Corniche etc then stay at one of the Souq hotels.

Whilst the Westin is new and decent, there isn't a great deal around. This is a good option if you have a very short stay with little time to explore.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
..would prefer to stay in the city or at the IC on the Gulf rather than just at an airport hotel, as it is my partner’s first time in Doha.
I think the IC resort doesn't feature in the QR list of hotels. Indeed, it appears be holding up rather better than the city centre properties - at least from the rates it is able to charge.

Of course, those rates might represent stubbornness and wishful thinking rather than demand. Though a colleague who was taxied there by mistake last week (rather than to the IC City) reported that the hotel claimed to have no available rooms.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've made a zero-cost reservation for one night in Doha as I'll be staying at friend's on the first night. The QR reservation went through just fine, and i can see nothing in the T&C suggesting it shouldn't.

But this is QR.

Has anyone else used the single night offer on a longer stay ?
What did you discover after your October trip? Were you able to use the free night stay on a 2-day layover?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:04 pm

So both luxury (5*) and premium (4*) hotels are now available to economy class passengers too?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Havek
What did you discover after your October trip? Were you able to use the free night stay on a 2-day layover?
Yes! Sorry, I'd promised to get back on that. I encountered no problem at all.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Extended !

Some good news as QR have extended the offer through to April 2018 ! Now if they stretch it to June 2018 , then I would be one very very happy QR flyer
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the heads up! Booked two nights as part of my PRG-PVG itinerary in January.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:36 am

Flame3601 you need to be careful of this extension because there is a trap for the unwary.
According to https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar the dates for the actual stay have been extended by four months but the dates for booking have barely been extended!
https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar says "Offer Validity: Book by 31 December 2017 | Stay by 30 April 2018".
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
If we arrive at 6am and take off at 10pm, any experience with which hotels manage this better? And should I book for a late checkout or early check in.

Or is is worth just staying at the airport hotel which is complemtary?

I have SPG/Marriott status.

KF
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:12 am

Koru Flyer as far as I know the airport hotel is not part of the +Qatar scheme. It is much too busy for that! It has certainly never been complimentary except for occasional special STPC usage.
If you want non-standard check-in and out times you need to negotiate with the hotel directly.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Sorry if I was unclear. I would get the airport hotel under the STPC deal. Or I could take the plus. Given it is a 6am to 10pm stop is it worth getting out or should we just stay at the airport hotel.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:13 am

Koru Flyer have QR granted you STPC or not? If they have which hotel are you assigned to? STPC mostly uses the Oryx Rotana and only uses the airside Airport hotel in special cases. Please look at the Wiki on QR STPC stopover policy to see if you qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.