Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by SKOOBDO
Nothing in spam/junk folder, so email must be wrong. I'll send them a message and hopefully they can look into it. Thank you for responding.
They currently have problems with their system. As soon as it solved you will get the email conformation..
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
They currently have problems with their system. As soon as it solved you will get the email conformation..
I had just sent them an email, so hopefully one way or another I receive a confirmation. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Glad to see this offer back. I have a 15 hour day time layover in January that I'll look to book a room for.

Ideally would want a gym, a pool (bonus if outside) and if there is any with a history of 'early' check in that would be useful as I'd likely want some sleep to adjust to Australia time before next flight.

List of hotels: Intercontinental The City, Souq Waqif, Fraser Suites, Holiday Inn Business Park, Marriott Marquis, Warwick, Westin, Radisson Blu, Holiday Villa.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Yep, it was a system problem. Just received the delayed confirmation email. Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Rewards, Westject Rewards
I applied for the free transit visa from +Qatar page and I was approved along with my wife. But I noticed in the visa confirmation page my wife's name has her father's name appended with her name. I don't know if it's okay. Is this the way they write a female's name? Or do I have to contact them to fix it?

Thank you.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I made a multi stop booking with a 18 hour stpc stopover in Doha on the return . Will they check my bag through to the final destination or will I need to pick it up in Doha?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:14 am

simonsmith you will have no access to your baggage at DOH when on STPC. If you look at the Wiki on I have STPC. What Do I Do? you will see this clearly stated as do the documents you receive from QR.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:53 pm

If I book the hotel under my name (paid ticket) but my wife is award ticket and both us staying same room. Will my wife need to pay to stay ?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:06 am

sazhar provided both ticket numbers start with 157 there is absolutely no problem.
https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC states "Offer is valid for Qatar Airways tickets with transit in Doha. Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only."
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:03 am

I booked Marriott Marquis for my free stopover, I contacted them to ask if I can check in early as my flight arrives at 6AM. I am sharing their reply:
" Greetings from Marriott Marquis City Center Doha!

I have received your request via Facebook in regards to your upcoming stay with us. Please note that as part of the Qatar Airways Stopover Program, guests are able to check-in any time of the day and are entitled to stay in the hotel for up to 24hrs. I have as well attached your Marriott Rewards Membership Number to the booking.

Looking forward to welcome you soon and please do let me know if there is anything else I can be of assistance with."
SKOOBDO and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:15 am

hnandito welcome to the QR forum.

According to https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC " Early check in/ Late check out subject to room availability and cannot be guaranteed." So it is up to the individual hotels. As you have already done you need to contact the hotel and agree it with them.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by sazhar
If I book the hotel under my name (paid ticket) but my wife is award ticket and both us staying same room. Will my wife need to pay to stay ?
I have asked them about award tickets for +qatar previously and provided it is a QR ticket then it is treated the same as a revenue booking.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: BA-GOLD
Hi all,

I will be flying with a stopover in DOH this January and want to book my hotel. I seem to recall that before the offer was extended, they always listed the hotels by booking class (so Econ passengers would get 4 star and Business would get 5 star). Now there does not seem to be any mention of flying class. The page (https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar) including the FAQ's and T&C's only seem to mention a selection of 4&5star hotels. Have anyone with Economy tickets been able to book the 5 star hotels?

The previous page (https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...usqatarpremium) which DOES mention economy and restrictions on hotels, only allowed bookings until the end of Sep 17, so looks like it only was valid for the original offer before it was extended.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:30 pm

sstolp the +Qatar scheme has changed from the original offer and now appears to have fewer participating hotels. Add to this the current crisis and it is not surprising that QR have changed the rules.
It s the displayed rules the day of booking that will apply to your booking,not older versions.
So relax and enjoy five star treatment on a Y ticket!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:26 pm

Economy Promo

I don't think this applies to the +qatar program but wanted to check if anyone could help confirm that I'm still eligible for the free hotel night. In my case, I'm going to book Economy Promo with W class. My flight will have an 18 hour layover but there is also another flight with only 8 hour layover (but with longer flight time that's why i didn't book since I'm flying with 2 toddlers). I think i still can get this promotion, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.