Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I don’t know when it might be extended, but I’m willing to bet that it will be extended. In the meantime, book a cancellable hotel room.
I guess it will but weren't there restrictions in place for Ramadan last year?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
You mean the Eid al-Fitr (holiday after Ramadan)? I think the current offer excludes all holidays just as the previous ones did.
Hotel occupancy is probably lower than usual during Ramadan itself, so no reasons for QR to exclude it.

Last edited by Temedar; Feb 19, 2018 at 7:29 am
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I guess it will but weren't there restrictions in place for Ramadan last year?
Eid days, yes. But they still granted my booking last year in June, it was the Marriot, not sure if all hotels did, but I was able to book any of the available ones and contacted them to make sure.

Wasn't an issue.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:57 am

This has just been extended until 31st Dec 2018, happy days as we will be in Qatar for a 19hr layover in June
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
Originally Posted by barboyz
This has just been extended until 31st Dec 2018, happy days as we will be in Qatar for a 19hr layover in June
This is great news, 20 hour stop over in November.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Yipee!!!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Fantastic News! I wonder if sticking to my originally booked STPC would be a better idea thou ? Also what happened to +Qatar Luxury ?

Last edited by Flame3601; Feb 28, 2018 at 2:50 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:49 pm
R2

It appears the surcharge for staying up to 48h is now reduced to $50, it used to be $100...though it still has the $100 rate lower down the page.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by R2
It appears the surcharge for staying up to 48h is now reduced to $50, it used to be $100...though it still has the $100 rate lower down the page.
It was originally $50, so I don't know when they raised it. But I'm not complaining; just booked the Intercontinental for two nights in June.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
From what I understand, if I have a Round the World ticket then the stopover offer does not apply even if in First. Ticket with American #,

Last edited by AlwaysOnTheRoad; Feb 28, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:19 am

I was in Mariott the other night and was really surprised to hear that the WiFi at that location was paid. I haven't had that in ages! The hard product wasn't great either, so I'd avoid it in the future — the IC across the street (well, almost) was much nicer.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:26 am

Cool.. had been waiting for this extension for my stopover in September. Had the choice of 4 hotels, Selected the Intercontinental. Arriving at airport 5.40, departing 19.40 so a day room to freshen up and maybe get a couple of hours of sleep is nice,

After booking I noticed on the IC website that early check in is not available. Should I be worried?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by jeroen100
Cool.. had been waiting for this extension for my stopover in September. Had the choice of 4 hotels, Selected the Intercontinental. Arriving at airport 5.40, departing 19.40 so a day room to freshen up and maybe get a couple of hours of sleep is nice,

After booking I noticed on the IC website that early check in is not available. Should I be worried?
Seems that they have only made the 4 hotels available out of all the choices they claim are on offer?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Can I ask where this is written on the Qatar website? When I click through to the +Qatar page on the website it still shows book by 28th Feb 18 and complete travel by 30th April...

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...lus-qatar.html

Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Can I ask where this is written on the Qatar website? When I click through to the +Qatar page on the website it still shows book by 28th Feb 18 and complete travel by 30th April...

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...lus-qatar.html

If you click on the "Book +Qatar" button it will you take to the booking page with the updated dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.