Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:27 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Thanks all for the heads up, just booked into the Intercontinental for October despite already having STPC. Choices, choices
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by dsf
Thanks all for the heads up, just booked into the Intercontinental for October despite already having STPC. Choices, choices
You also going to double dip, thinking i might do the same ? hehe
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA ExPlat
Yes I also booked into the Intercontinental for a 20 hour stopover in September. I have an STPC, but I prefer to do this instead. I have seen that some people have had their STPC cancelled when a new flight was added which brought the possible connection times for the city pair booked back within the limit. Would not want that to happen to me. I recently had two STPC, one for a 8 and a half hour stay and the other for a 10 hour stay and I really appreciated having a room for my wife and I, breaking up the long journey. It was much better than trying to pass the time in the lounge.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:15 pm

I've read through this thread and the general consensus seems to be these says don't earn points (except one FTer who reported getting Shangri La credit).

Can anyone comment specifically on IHG? I assume no stay credit, no points, but I thought I would ask to see if anyone here has stayed and gotten credit? I need a couple AMEA IHG stays to qualify for the 71k IHG Asia promotion and if I can get stay credit the hotel selection becomes easier for me. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Stayed at the IC, emailed for adding my # to the booking beforehand. Was recognized as an Ambassador, got an upgrade, but the stay posted as non-qualifying.
bsegreto likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by bsegreto
I need a couple AMEA IHG stays to qualify for the 71k IHG Asia promotion and if I can get stay credit the hotel selection becomes easier for me. Thanks!
Then you'll need to book and pay. Note that in the summer some of those hotels are actually very cheap anyway. If you choose to make use of the QR free stay you will, quite logically, not earn anything.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: IB Platinum *A Gold
Doha stopover

Just booked tickets for 2 people with a long stop in Doha on both outbound and inbound. Has anyone tried booking a hotel through the Qatar+ program for both ways (outbound under one passenger and inbound under the other)?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Lawyergirl
Just booked tickets for 2 people with a long stop in Doha on both outbound and inbound. Has anyone tried booking a hotel through the Qatar+ program for both ways (outbound under one passenger and inbound under the other)?
Have done it using the ticket number of one of us for the outbound and the other ticket number for the inbound.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:02 am

Are you not allowed to double dip and do a one day stopover on your departing trip and also one day on your return trip?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
I don't think its double dipping since the free hotel is per ticket. When you make the reservation you insert the ticket number and you have the option to register two adults. Once the ticket number is used, you cannot make another reservation (the system does not allow it). However, if you place the other ticket (your companion), you are able to make a new reservation. I will let you know if this is within the rules in three weeks when I take my flight
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: IB Platinum *A Gold
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
I don't think its double dipping since the free hotel is per ticket. When you make the reservation you insert the ticket number and you have the option to register two adults. Once the ticket number is used, you cannot make another reservation (the system does not allow it). However, if you place the other ticket (your companion), you are able to make a new reservation. I will let you know if this is within the rules in three weeks when I take my flight
I couldn't find anything in their terms and conditions that stated otherwise. Let's hope it works
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
I did exact same thing in November and it was fine.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Just booked into the InterContinental City on +Qatar even though we’re STPC eligible, as I wanted my spouse to see some of Qatar on his way through instead of staying at the Oryx next to the airport. We’ll take the Oryx next time on an STPC basis.

Thanks to the tip in this thread, will call the IC and see about upgrades or buy-ups, as I’m an Ambassador.

Thank you to Qatar Tourism for extending this promotion.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Any possibility that one can request AS as an option in STPC or Qatar+
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Of all the stopover hotels (Millennium, Westin, IC) which one is most central? Does anyone recommend one over another?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.