Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Two answers, two opinions.

The FAQ on QR's pages says that check-in is possible at any hour suggesting that the reservation take into account early arrivals. hmmm....
After giving more thought to the QR+ booking procedure, I'm happy to rescind my advice - although that advice reflects the way I've used the service

I've woken up to the logic of the booking form giving day and time of arrival, and the hotel simply working to that information and accommodating the guest on that basis.

However, if I were making a regular hotel reservation for a wee-hours arrival, and leaving later that day, I would book for the day before and send them warning of a post-midnight arrival.

So that's what I've done so far with QR+. I've had a few of these stays, and experience no problems: but caution leads me to contact the hotel to make sure we're all singing from the same hymn-sheet. As it were.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
After giving more thought to the QR+ booking procedure, I'm happy to rescind my advice - although that advice reflects the way I've used the service

I've woken up to the logic of the booking form giving day and time of arrival, and the hotel simply working to that information and accommodating the guest on that basis.

However, if I were making a regular hotel reservation for a wee-hours arrival, and leaving later that day, I would book for the day before and send them warning of a post-midnight arrival.

So that's what I've done so far with QR+. I've had a few of these stays, and experience no problems: but caution leads me to contact the hotel to make sure we're all singing from the same hymn-sheet. As it were.

Couldn't agree more, and I will be contacting the hotel just to make sure!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Any thoughts about the Hilton Doha? I will have a 20 hour “day stay”... I arrive at 6am then depart close to 2am. I booked the Hilton for its beach (November - when lounging at the beach comfortably is possible) and to leverage my gold status for free breakfast if the hotel doesn’t object.

More interested about the property amenities rather than the room (decent bed and shower good enough for me).
I unfortunately do not know but would be interested in finding out too. I do agree that for much of the year, the private beach would be a nice plus! Of course it is unlikely that they would grant you HHonors privileges and you are certainly not entitled to it on paper but who knows.
golfingboy likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
Had the most amazing suite at the Westin in Doha on the Mezzanine floor. Best room I've stayed in out of 200+ stays. Beautiful room. Absolutely huge with so many features.
Told my wife I never want to go back as we may not get such a special room. Taxi was around 60 QRiyals, starting at 22 QRiyals from airport pick up and took around 20-25 minutes, with moderate traffic.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Hi, sorry but I have my first QR trip in November this year and can't tell if I get a room or not. Flying OSL-DOH-AKL in J, the outbound layover is just over 10 hours but given it's in the afternoon/evening I would be happy to try and take in some sights or something. However, the return is 9 hours overnight so I think a hotel will be a must. Do we get a free one with these flights? I can't find anything about hotels in the manage my trips section of the website. If not can anybody recommend the best option bearing in mind the times and that we do not have a massive budget? Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
Had the most amazing suite at the Westin in Doha on the Mezzanine floor. Best room I've stayed in out of 200+ stays. Beautiful room. Absolutely huge with so many features.
Told my wife I never want to go back as we may not get such a special room. Taxi was around 60 QRiyals, starting at 22 QRiyals from airport pick up and took around 20-25 minutes, with moderate traffic.
Thanks for the info about the taxi fares airport - hotel. We look forward to our stay at the Westin Doha in September this year. We are not expecting a suite, just a clean nice room will be sufficient as we will be only be there for 8 hours.

Last edited by A1pax; Mar 28, 2018 at 3:47 am Reason: add new sentence
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigVince76
Hi, sorry but I have my first QR trip in November this year and can't tell if I get a room or not. Flying OSL-DOH-AKL in J, the outbound layover is just over 10 hours but given it's in the afternoon/evening I would be happy to try and take in some sights or something. However, the return is 9 hours overnight so I think a hotel will be a must. Do we get a free one with these flights? I can't find anything about hotels in the manage my trips section of the website. If not can anybody recommend the best option bearing in mind the times and that we do not have a massive budget? Thanks for your help.
QR's transit accommodation depends on their being no scheduled connection under their time limit, not on the connection time you have selected in your reservation. Given the OSLschedules, you probably don't qualify - but you should check.

But it's the asiest thing in the world just to book yourself a free night under the +Qatar programme.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...lus-qatar.html

You'll have to pay for your own transport, and get no allowance for meals but it's more straightforward to arrange and execute than going though the "transit" accommodation option.

You can only take advantage of this one way though.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Mar 28, 2018 at 4:21 am
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
QR's transit accommodation depends on their being no scheduled connection under their time limit, not on the connection time you have selected in your reservation. Given the OSLschedules, you probably don't qualify - but you should check.

But it's the asiest thing in the world just to book yourself a free night under the +Qatar programme.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...lus-qatar.html

You'll have to pay for your own transport, and get no allowance for meals but it's more straightforward to arrange and execute than going though the "transit" accommodation option.

You can only take advantage of this one way though.
but the op doesn’t have a long enough stay to be entitled to the free Qatar plus hotel!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic

but the op doesn’t have a long enough stay to be entitled to the free Qatar plus hotel!

Yup - I admit that's a fly in the ointment

mea culpa: confusion of time thresholds.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Ok, so Qatar plus not an option because the layover is not long enough. Fine, that leaves the transit accommodation. My flight arrives DOH 2200, the onward flight to OSL departs 0825 the next day, there are no other flights to OSL before that so does this mean we can get transit accommodation. If so, how do you book it?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: BA, JAL
By the time they check it, you'll have been on holiday and come back. Still, taking a chance. Good luck!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:28 am

Ok, so Qatar plus not an option because the layover is not long enough. Fine, that leaves the transit accommodation. My flight arrives DOH 2200, the onward flight to OSL departs 0825 the next day, there are no other flights to OSL before that so does this mean we can get transit accommodation. If so, how do you book it?
Here you go: The QR STPC (stopover) policy?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
If you're travelling in J, you can grab a sleeping pod in the Al Mourjan lounge, which are comfortable and have an excellent price (free) - the attendants will give you a blanket, eye mask, etc.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
+qatar minimum layover time is officialy 12 hours but there are reports of 8+ hours layover eligible for +qatar. Just try to book a free room and see if it works for you
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4
+qatar minimum layover time is officialy 12 hours but there are reports of 8+ hours layover eligible for +qatar. Just try to book a free room and see if it works for you
there have also been reports of ineligible booking being confirmed then later cancelled by which time one could be in a worse off position.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.