Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
But its not directly in the city "center". I'm debating with myself if I'd like to stay at the Hilton (on the beach, but no "member perks") or at the Westin or Marriot again, with lounge access and breakfast etc
It depends what area you define as the city "center" really. Each location has its pro's. The Hilton being within walking distance of the West Bay area and Corniche. A lot of expats class that as the main area of the city.

The Westin is nearer to the old, more traditional areas which is known as Downtown. So it really depends on what you want to do.
Ursa81 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
But its not directly in the city "center". I'm debating with myself if I'd like to stay at the Hilton (on the beach, but no "member perks") or at the Westin or Marriot again, with lounge access and breakfast etc
Whatever attraction the beach holds, it's surely lost at this time of the year.

Stay at a hotel that has a shot at pampering you, or one near a mall and its air-conditioned comforts.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I never experienced 40+ degrees. It's not so much that i want to roast on the beach, but a nice view and walk in supposedly unbearable heat? I know heat from Asia visits in the summer, but Doha should be different.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Whatever attraction the beach holds, it's surely lost at this time of the year.

Stay at a hotel that has a shot at pampering you, or one near a mall and its air-conditioned comforts.
In a very odd way, I actually like being by the sea in Doha at that time of the year. First, I love ultra hot water, and second, I find it brilliant in the early morning. It does mean waking up at 5 but I actually like that. I agree that the rest of the day it is impossible to enjoy.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:01 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Hello everyone!

I've got a 12h20m layover in Doha enroute to JFK... with arrival at 1:45 pm and departure at 02:00 am the next day... can I still take advantage of this offer?

I just think that this will be a great alternative to having to queue for a shower at Al Mourjan at some point.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
.... I find it brilliant in the early morning. It does mean waking up at 5 but I actually like that.
In a purely theoretical way I, too, appreciate that pleasure

But on summer stays I appreciate the short walk from a City Centre hotel in intense heat to the bliss of one of the air-conditioned malls.
And I normally despise malls....
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:28 pm

Hello

Anyone know if the 12 hours minimum stay is enforced? Someone managed to book with a 11 hours stay and i may have a 10 hours transit coming up. Would it work?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by tboons
Hello

Anyone know if the 12 hours minimum stay is enforced? Someone managed to book with a 11 hours stay and i may have a 10 hours transit coming up. Would it work?
The 12 hours minimum connection time is enforced and reservations with shorter transit risk being cancelled, (and the passenger not even necessarily informed!) It is always possible that an ineligible reservation will slip through the net but the risk - that you would find yourself with no valid accommodation booked having to pay through the nose for a rack rate - is not worth it IMHO. On the other hand, a 12 hour connection time is eligible even if a shorter one would be available. In short your options are:

1) If you want the stopover, then you will need to book a longer connection than necessary so that it is above 12 hours
2) if you have a connection which is 10 hours and no shorter connection exists (whether available or not) you can use the standard stop (which will most likely be at the Oryx Rotana)
3) if you have a connection which is under 12 hours whilst a connection below 8 hours exists, you are on your own and should make (and pay for) your own arrangements.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I've made a zero-cost reservation for one night in Doha as I'll be staying at friend's on the first night. The QR reservation went through just fine, and i can see nothing in the T&C suggesting it shouldn't.

But this is QR.

Has anyone else used the single night offer on a longer stay ?
I tried to do it. I booked a paid reservation for my first night, and a free +Qatar reservation at the same hotel for the second night. I received email confirmation and thought it was fine, but a few days later was informed via email that a "support request" had been opened in which I was told the booking was invalid as the check-in date must match the flight arrival date. They told me the booking is non-changeable so they cannot fix it, and of course the e-ticket is now marked as used so I can't make a new one. I have emailed Qatar at the [email protected] address posted by ORDPLATAA and I hope they create a new e-ticket number for me to use in making the booking. So, my advice is to be certain that the +Qatar hotel booking check-in date exactly matches your flight arrival date. In your case, it might be safer to use +Qatar for the first night and stay at your friend's the second night.

Originally Posted by R2
It appears the surcharge for staying up to 48h is now reduced to $50, it used to be $100...though it still has the $100 rate lower down the page.
It is now back up to $100 (which is why I want to only book one night on a multi-night stay and make a paid reservation for my other night, as I'll get elite benefits on the paid stay and the cost is close).

Originally Posted by regtur
I replied to them and requested them to allow me to pay again or to cancel my booking and let me book again. They replied that neither was possible because it is a complete online system and my ticketnumber was already used. I find that very strange and customer unfriendly. I replied and requested again to look into it. They didn't reply to me anymore. I sent another email to remind them, a few days later, but they just seem to ignore me ever since.
As ORDPLATAA says above (quoted below), email [email protected] and ask them to create a dummy e-ticket number for you to use in making a +Qatar booking.

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Any thoughts about the Hilton Doha? I will have a 20 hour “day stay”... I arrive at 6am then depart close to 2am. I booked the Hilton for its beach (November - when lounging at the beach comfortably is possible) and to leverage my gold status for free breakfast if the hotel doesn’t object.

More interested about the property amenities rather than the room (decent bed and shower good enough for me).
I've stayed at the Hilton Doha a number of times, and have always enjoyed it. I find the rooms comfortable. Up to now, my stays have all been paid ones, and I've been upgraded to a very large room with balcony. I enjoy the breakfast in the restaurant, and evening snacks in the executive lounge. I've walked around the pool but never swam in it as it doesn't seem suitable for fast lap swimming, but it looks very nice as a relaxation pool, which is what almost everyone wants in a pool.

Select the day before - then it is completely obvious to the hotel that the room has to be kept free that night.

Your reservation includes times, but it can't hurt to mail the hotel about your late (rather than early) arrival: and probably reassuring for you to get their confirmation..
I would caution that there could be a risk your +Qatar booking would be cancelled as your check-in date would not exactly match your flight arrival date. To be safe, I'd suggest booking the exact date your flight lands, and indicate in the check-in time that it will be early in the morning.

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Has anyone stayed at either the Hilton or Westin using a free night and been given free breakfast as they re Hilton Gold/Diamond or SPG Platinum?
I emailed the Hilton to ask about benefits when booking via the +Qatar program, and they replied:

Originally Posted by Whizkid
Is the Hotel bookings earn Stay / Night credits in their respective programs? (Hilton Honours or Club Carlson)
Definitely not in Hilton, and I wouldn't expect it to earn in any program, but I can't say for sure about others.
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Looks like this has finally been fixed! I sent a DM to @qatarairways regarding this issue and they gave me a new email address to use ([email protected]). Sent an email on Thursday and received a response this morning. They gave me a dummy ticket number to use to book a +Qatar room on my return leg through Qatar that is greater than 12 hours. They asked me to then send them the new confirmation number so they can cross-reference my e-ticket with the dummy ticket. It took almost a month to get this sorted but happy that, once I got to the correct channel, I received a response the following business day.
Very glad you finally got it solved! And thank you for posting the resolution details and the email address to use, as I found myself in a similar situation.

Uber generally works like a dream overseas.

Airports can be difficult though, at least until you get used to an airport's quirks. The problems are two: sorting out internet access, and identifying the pick-up spot and hooking up with the driver.

DOH is one of the easier ones. But if things don't work out, the arrivals area is compact/manageable, so it's easy to get some cash and take a taxi. The Uber fare to West Bay should be QAR40-ish, a taxi QAR70+
I've always had the Hilton pick us up in a hotel-arranged car. It's a bit pricey at QAR 100, but it is super convenient as the driver is waiting for you with a sign as you exit customs, so there's no hassling with trying to get Wi-Fi access, waiting for Uber to confirm a driver, then waiting for the driver to arrive, then trying to match up the right place to wait. I've always used Uber to get around Doha once there, and to get back to the airport from the hotel. For those that want to save money and use Uber from the airport, your tip about contacting the driver with the exit "gate" (door) and using a high-numbered one seems good.

Depending on your status in Hilton, you might get Executive Lounge access and some sort of room upgrade, see above for the info from them.
kaffir76 likes this.

Last edited by anabolism; Jul 26, 2018 at 5:43 pm Reason: Fix formatting
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
I tried to do it. I booked a paid reservation for my first night, and a free +Qatar reservation at the same hotel for the second night. I received email confirmation and thought it was fine, but a few days later was informed via email that a "support request" had been opened in which I was told the booking was invalid as the check-in date must match the flight arrival date. They told me the booking is non-changeable so they cannot fix it, and of course the e-ticket is now marked as used so I can't make a new one. I have emailed Qatar at the [email protected] address posted by ORDPLATAA and I hope they create a new e-ticket number for me to use in making the booking. So, my advice is to be certain that the +Qatar hotel booking check-in date exactly matches your flight arrival date. In your case, it might be safer to use +Qatar for the first night and stay at your friend's the second night.

It is now back up to $100 (which is why I want to only book one night on a multi-night stay and make a paid reservation for my other night, as I'll get elite benefits on the paid stay and the cost is close).
Sorry it went badly wrong for you, and I feel a tad guilty if you were misled by the confidence of my posting.

In fact the stay I mentioned passed with absolutely no hint of a hitch: +Qatar on the second and third nights. But this is the world of QR, where rules come into play at whim.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
would it be possible to do the following:

Fly London - Doha ( use 2 night qatar plus)- Muscat

then fly Muscat-Doha-( use a further 2 night qatar plus)- bangkok on a separate ticket.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:11 am

Sorry it went badly wrong for you, and I feel a tad guilty if you were misled by the confidence of my posting.

In fact the stay I mentioned passed with absolutely no hint of a hitch: +Qatar on the second and third nights. But this is the world of QR, where rules come into play at whim.
I hadn't read your post until afterwards. I had read this thread early last year, but had not kept up. Only after I had the problem and Catch-22 did I read the 600 or so posts since my last visit. Glad it worked well for you. It seems that +Qatar bookings are subject to manual review, with much left to chance and whim, as you say.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tboons
Hello

I've got the same thing coming up, 11 hour day time transit which I'm not that keen to spend at the airport... not really sure if I should even bother trying to book, or negotiate with QR (though the most likely outcome of that is that the email gets forwarded to some poor worker who has no authority to do anything but obey the rules 100%)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
BTW My experience of the Hilton left a sour taste for me as customer service was shocking (no gold benefits either)

Ended up booking a room in the W and being upgraded to a nice suite.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I'm happy to report that QR replied back with a dummy e-ticket number to use, and I now have a replacement +Qatar booking. Thanks again to ORDPLATAA for the email address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.