Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:49 am

Just wanted to confirm for a 13 hours transit I am still eligible free of charge on this:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:28 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by londonexpert
Just wanted to confirm for a 13 hours transit I am still eligible free of charge on this:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

this is a different scheme from +Qatar. This would be the STPC scheme.

One would only be eligible for free accommodation during a 13h layover if there aren’t any other flight combinations that has a lower transit time.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Anyone heard any rumours whether they will be continuing the programme through 2020 ?

Got to the point where I am looking at flights for Feb & March 2020.
It seems a good idea to promote visitor numbers & thus spending during their current problems by subsidising a night or two in a hotel, rather than have people simply pass them by in airport transit (which is what we'll do otherwise).
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by clubeurope
One would only be eligible for free accommodation during a 13h layover if there aren’t any other flight combinations that has a lower transit time.
Is this regardless of your inbound flight?

Example:

XXX-DOH-YYY

A) XXX-DOH lands at 5am & DOH-YYY is the next possible flight and departs at 4pm (11hrs later)
B) XXX-DOH lands at 1pm & the next DOH-YYY flight is the same as above (3hrs later)

Because combination B is possible does this mean that combination A is not eligible for free hotel under the STPC scheme?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Anyone heard any rumours whether they will be continuing the programme through 2020 ?

Got to the point where I am looking at flights for Feb & March 2020.
It seems a good idea to promote visitor numbers & thus spending during their current problems by subsidising a night or two in a hotel, rather than have people simply pass them by in airport transit (which is what we'll do otherwise).
I'm hoping they extend it. Just booked for Feb 2020 and would love to take advantage of this.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Is this regardless of your inbound flight?

Example:

XXX-DOH-YYY

A) XXX-DOH lands at 5am & DOH-YYY is the next possible flight and departs at 4pm (11hrs later)
B) XXX-DOH lands at 1pm & the next DOH-YYY flight is the same as above (3hrs later)

Because combination B is possible does this mean that combination A is not eligible for free hotel under the STPC scheme?
Unfortunately yes, otherwise some people would tend to book longer connection in the purpose to get a free accommodation...
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:05 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Londonairways1
Note I hadn't booked as a multi-city just had an o/night as part of an R class (discounted bus) ticket.
I have a round-trip in R as well. Can others confirm that 5* hotels are available for 28 USD despite the T&C stating that it's for multi-stop itineraries?

Book your Qatar Airways flight with 'multi-city' option and with a minimum transit time of 12 hours in Doha during your departure or return flight.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:15 am

Looks like the hotel stopover works only one-way and we cannot get a second 5* hotel for 28 USD on the return flight if we used it on the outbound.

For a couple travelling together intending to book the hotel both ways, since we have two different ticket numbers can we still get the hotel both ways by booking each hotel with two different ticket numbers even though both travellers were booked together in the first place? I noticed that booking a couple of the same ticket we got two different ticket numbers (only the last digit is different).
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by escape4
I have a round-trip in R as well. Can others confirm that 5* hotels are available for 28 USD despite the T&C stating that it's for multi-stop itineraries?
The wording about a multi-stop is merely informative as that is usually the best way to build in a stop-over. Once ticketed, the ticket looks like same regardless if it was booked as multi-stop or not. This issue has been extensively asked and answered in this thread, so you are welcome to do a search and verify from many posts.

Looks like the hotel stopover works only one-way and we cannot get a second 5* hotel for 28 USD on the return flight if we used it on the outbound.

For a couple travelling together intending to book the hotel both ways, since we have two different ticket numbers can we still get the hotel both ways by booking each hotel with two different ticket numbers even though both travellers were booked together in the first place? I noticed that booking a couple of the same ticket we got two different ticket numbers (only the last digit is different).
As has been repeatedly noted in this thread, each e-ticket number is good for one hotel stay, and since each person on an itinerary gets his or her own e-ticket number, you can use one e-ticket number for the hotel stay for both people in one direction, and the other e-ticket number for the hotel stay for both people in the other direction.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Does anybody have any advice about which of the hotels around West Bay/Diplomatic Quarter is the best and nicest (I want to maximise the return on my $28!). Last time I was in Doha I stayed not far from Souq Waqif so I am also tempted to stay near there again and just take an Uber to the Diplomatic Quarter when I feel like a change of scenery.

Last edited by wilsnunn; Apr 3, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
The wording about a multi-stop is merely informative as that is usually the best way to build in a stop-over. Once ticketed, the ticket looks like same regardless if it was booked as multi-stop or not. This issue has been extensively asked and answered in this thread, so you are welcome to do a search and verify from many posts.

As has been repeatedly noted in this thread, each e-ticket number is good for one hotel stay, and since each person on an itinerary gets his or her own e-ticket number, you can use one e-ticket number for the hotel stay for both people in one direction, and the other e-ticket number for the hotel stay for both people in the other direction.
Thank you, indeed I should have looked more than just the last 5 pages or so of this thread - I see the answers were indeed there although a bit farther back.

The thread is getting quite long however so it would be useful if the wiki was more up to date to make searching info easier because most folks won't read the whole thread if it's too long...
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
....... it would be useful if the wiki was more up to date to make searching info easier

You could do something about that...
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
Ma

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Does anybody have any advice about which of the hotels around West Bay/Diplomatic Quarter is the best and nicest (I want to maximise the return on my $28!). Last time I was in Doha I stayed not far from Souq Waqif so I am also tempted to stay near there again and just take an Uber to the Diplomatic Quarter when I feel like a change of scenery.
​​​​​​
Hi, We stayed at the Marriott Marquis for our Doha+ stopover, we liked the location, especially being attached to the City Centre shopping Mall. We could nip out for Breakfast/Lunch, as the food court is at the Marriott end of the Mall. It's a 10min walk to the Corniche, approx 70 rials by taxi to airport, takes approx 25mins. The rooms were a good size, with a nice view, friendly staff. We liked it so much we're going back in December. Also if the metro opens, there is a metro station right next door to the Marriott. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You could do something about that...
You would not want the man asking the questions to take care of the wiki

Better off with the one having the answers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.