Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tav1989
Not sure if anyone has noticed seems this program has been extended (again) by another 4 months to end of April 2019 for bookings made up until 31st Jan 2019. may be of use to someone? looks like times are hard still for the tourist / hotel industry in Doha.
Do you have any link to an official statement about it ?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Not sure if anyone has noticed seems this program has been extended (again) by another 4 months to end of April 2019 for bookings made up until 31st Jan 2019. may be of use to someone? looks like times are hard still for the tourist / hotel industry in Doha.
The +Qatar web page still says Offer Validity: Book by 28 December 2018 stay till 31 December 2018
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: Airpoints
Hi All,
I have a 20 hr stopover in Doha coming up. I'm choosing between Hilton and Westin for +Qatar hotel.
Can anyone tell me which has the best spa facilities (jacuzzi, sauna, steam room etc - NOT treatments).
Has anyone tried either or both spas?

I'm drawn by the beach and view at Hilton but only if the Westin isn't considerably better in the spa department.
I have found out that the Hilton has restricted male/female access times and I could only use the spa after 2pm on the day I'm there, and I fly out at 20:45, whereas Westin has separate male and female facilities so access anytime.
Failing that, which has better breakfast? I'll only sleep in the room and won't arrive till 1:30am so will hopefully avoid the noise from the clubs I've read reviews about. Is there any other reason I should choose one over the other? It will be NYE that day...

I really just want to relax for a bit on a very, very long journey (not just the Stockholm-Melbourne, also travelling via the arctic in Norway from UK and onwards to New Zealand why do I do it...? It's the only way I can see all of my immediate family... and you only live once, right?)
I'm not so good at going on tourist missions these days and *might* manage to get out see something more but in reality, I just need some R&R.
Thanks for any advice.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:09 pm

Just booked mid April ,all went smoothly invoice shows 0$
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by kiwitones
Hi All,
I have a 20 hr stopover in Doha coming up. I'm choosing between Hilton and Westin for +Qatar hotel.
Can anyone tell me which has the best spa facilities (jacuzzi, sauna, steam room etc - NOT treatments).

I'm drawn by the beach and view at Hilton but only if the Westin isn't considerably better in the spa department.
I have found out that the Hilton has restricted male/female access times and I could only use the spa after 2pm on the day I'm there, and I fly out at 20:45, whereas Westin has separate male and female facilities so access anytime.
Failing that, which has better breakfast? I'll only sleep in the room and won't arrive till 1:30am so will hopefully avoid the noise from the clubs I've read reviews about. Is there any other reason I should choose one over the other? It will be NYE that day...

I really just want to relax for a bit on a very, very long journey (not just the Stockholm-Melbourne, also travelling via the arctic in Norway from UK and onwards to New Zealand why do I do it...? It's the only way I can see all of my immediate family... and you only live once, right?)
I'm not so good at going on tourist missions these days and *might* manage to get out see something more but in reality, I just need some R&R.
Thanks for any advice.
I've stayed at the Hilton quite a bit, but never at the Westin, so I can't compare the two. I haven't used the spa at the Hilton, but I have used the beach a bit, and walk by the pool often. Breakfast at the Hilton is nice, with I think very ample selection and lots of room. The restaurant is poolside, so you get a bit of a view.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
The +Qatar web page still says Offer Validity: Book by 28 December 2018 stay till 31 December 2018
Originally Posted by poppyz
Just booked mid April ,all went smoothly invoice shows 0$
Interesting. The +Qatar web page still says stays until 31 December, but I did a tentative booking for February and it didn't reject it.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:11 pm

Excellent, thank you for sharing news of the extension. I've just made two separate bookings for January, confirmations arrived by email. Hotel prices in Doha are low at the moment anyway but it saved me about GBP140 compared with the prices I saw yesterday.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: qr
Apologies should have posted the link but typically when I saw it on the QR website I forgot to copy link and then had trouble finding the exact page again , and now I cannot find it again . The QR website is so infuriating to work your way round and has expired pages that are not removed or updated. I will look again later but definitely saw it last night. Others seem to have been able to book as reported in last few posts so hopefully I have not had too many glasses of wine.
Out of interest does anyone know if I were to book an award ticket to say Asia and force a long stopover in transit one of the ways that met the time requirements would I be eligible for the free stopover. The ticket would be on QR stock . I did the package tail end of 2017 and would perhaps like another crack at it but not sure as it would be a redemption ticket. Thanks in advance

Checked again- reset location on website and cleared history of browser and the updated page came up link below – fingers crossed it works

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...lus-qatar.html
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:01 am

Apologies should have posted the link but typically when I saw it on the QR website I forgot to copy link and then had trouble finding the exact page again , and now I cannot find it again . The QR website is so infuriating to work your way round and has expired pages that are not removed or updated. I will look again later but definitely saw it last night. Others seem to have been able to book as reported in last few posts so hopefully I have not had too many glasses of wine.
Out of interest does anyone know if I were to book an award ticket to say Asia and force a long stopover in transit one of the ways that met the time requirements would I be eligible for the free stopover. The ticket would be on QR stock . I did the package tail end of 2017 and would perhaps like another crack at it but not sure as it would be a redemption ticket. Thanks in advance

Checked again- reset location on website and cleared history of browser and the updated page came up link below – fingers crossed it works

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...lus-qatar.html
In case the link doesn’t work, here’s the paragraph about the extension to 2019:

“Qatar Airways transit passengers have the opportunity to explore Qatar with our range of stopover options including a free hotel stay or two-night stay offers for bookings until 31 January 2019 and travel up to 30 April 2019.”
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: Airpoints
I've stayed at the Hilton quite a bit, but never at the Westin, so I can't compare the two. I haven't used the spa at the Hilton, but I have used the beach a bit, and walk by the pool often. Breakfast at the Hilton is nice, with I think very ample selection and lots of room. The restaurant is poolside, so you get a bit of a view.
Thanks! I appreciate the reply
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by kiwitones
Hi All,

Thanks for any advice.
I wouldn't sweat this quite so much for a stay of less than 24H. They are both perfectly nice hotels.
Unless you have status at one or the other of the reward programmes, the crucial difference is:
Hilton = sea-side
Westin = city
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:06 pm

By the way, in the water there is a floating dock (with some seats on top) that you can climb onto and jump off of if you like.

You can see it here:

And an overview of the beach/pool area here:

Last edited by anabolism; Dec 18, 2018 at 5:12 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:13 pm

(That was weird; I had uploaded the pictures as usual, but when I posted they were gone. Nothing I did made them show up if I uploaded them. Finally resorted to posting them elsewhere and pasting in the BBcode to link to them, and that worked.)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:45 pm

What do you guys think is the best of the 5 star hotels that are available with this promo for a 32hr layover? Now that this has been expanded, I need to seriously consider the selections.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:46 pm

Redemption tickets are eligible for this, provided they are QR ticketed (ie. the ticket number starts with 157-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.