Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by escape4
You would not want the man asking the questions to take care of the wiki

Better off with the one having the answers!

Indeed!

I bridled only at the thought of one clearly with The Knowledge complaining that those before him had not updated the Wiki. Rather than simply update it himself....and bask in a self-righteous glow.

In the meantime, I've fixed it. And I bask
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by escape4
You would not want the man asking the questions to take care of the wiki

Better off with the one having the answers!
I don't know. Often, the people asking the questions are in a good position to update a Wiki because they know what they don't know, that is, they know the questions.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:07 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I bridled only at the thought of one clearly with The Knowledge complaining that those before him had not updated the Wiki. Rather than simply update it himself....and bask in a self-righteous glow.

In the meantime, I've fixed it. And I bask
Thank you sir, although I think it needs further work

First off the following was outdated so I changed it: "The offer is being able to book a 4/5 Star hotel in Doha for 1 night free of charge or 2 nights for a booking fee of $50"

In addition, as the one with the questions rather than the answers, is there not a distinction between +Qatar and the short-term accommodation program? I am confused and I do not think I am in good position to explain that distinction (if any) in the wiki. Who should be using +Qatar and who should use the other program?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:59 am

Hello, I have a question on which hotel is better for the stopover. Souq al wakra or oryx rotana? I have 25 hours layover.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just to add the information that similar to TK, Qatar also continues giving free hotels and stopovers for passengers who doesn't have the option of a connection time less than 8h, even though some part of their website states 12h. I have flown MEL-DOH-ESB recently with a 10h30min stopover and went to the hotel desk at the transfer area. I was given the Safir Hotel ( on the spot ) which was really bad compared to Oryx Rotana or other chain hotels but it was alright. The most stupid thing was that they were picking up passengers 3h30mins before their flight for a 15 minute shuttle ride to the airport. By the way, there was a shorter connection via DOH&SAW but included a leg on Pegasus Airlines ( not operated by QR ) so that didn't count as a shorter option.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ben10
Hello, I have a question on which hotel is better for the stopover. Souq al wakra or oryx rotana? I have 25 hours layover.
The souq, for its location.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Any news (or rumours from a reliable source !) as to whether this will be extended into 2020 ?
Have a booking with a stopover of one night (for better flights and a rest) early 2020 and would prefer to pay $28 rather than $100+ !

Even though my favourite stopover has gone, the IC (Beach), which also used to be a free stopover :-( And gave me Club Lounge access as a lowly Platinum IHG member (now Spire). A big pot of muscles in the Belgian Bar coupled with a wheat beer was also superb.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Any news (or rumours from a reliable source !) as to whether this will be extended into 2020 ?
Have a booking with a stopover of one night (for better flights and a rest) early 2020 and would prefer to pay $28 rather than $100+ !
If I was going to guess (or place a small wager even), I would think it would be extended, but probably not until late this year (maybe November?). My advice is to book a refundable rate for your stopover, and keep checking for +Qatar to be extended.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:28 pm
Suspended

I'll be in IC (City) this weekend. Just FYI, my stopover is basically a day room (early morning -> early morning), which is completely fine, the room is apparently yours for 24 hours. I told them I'd be arriving early and they just updated the booking.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
A big pot of muscles in the Belgian Bar
Are you referring to the waiters?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by mpkz
I'll be in IC (City) this weekend. Just FYI, my stopover is basically a day room (early morning -> early morning), which is completely fine, the room is apparently yours for 24 hours. I told them I'd be arriving early and they just updated the booking.
A day room is a morning until late afternoon stay (daytime only, hence the name). Early morning to early morning is a full day and night. And yes, the +Qatar program provides for a 24-hour stay (at least at most properties), regardless of usual check-in/check-out times (but it never hurts to be sure the hotel is aware of your arrival time).
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Are you referring to the waiters?
Pictures, please
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:17 am

Hi! I am considering booking my flight with Qatar Airways and I would love to take advantage of the stopover offer. But I have a question.
The flight that I am eyeing arrives in Doha 5:50pm on 19 May and departs 2:15am on 21 May. So, will I be able to book just 1 night stay from 19 to 20 May. Also, I will be allowed full 24 hour stay, which means check-out at 5:50pm on 20 May, is that correct?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Vani56
Hi! I am considering booking my flight with Qatar Airways and I would love to take advantage of the stopover offer. But I have a question.
The flight that I am eyeing arrives in Doha 5:50pm on 19 May and departs 2:15am on 21 May. So, will I be able to book just 1 night stay from 19 to 20 May. Also, I will be allowed full 24 hour stay, which means check-out at 5:50pm on 20 May, is that correct?
Should work that way, yes. It wouldn't hurt to confirm with your desired hotel before booking just to be sure they wouldn't have a problem with it.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Should work that way, yes. It wouldn't hurt to confirm with your desired hotel before booking just to be sure they wouldn't have a problem with it.
Thanks for the reply! I asked Qatar Airways and they confirmed the full 24h stay with flexible check-in/check-out. Do you choose the check-in time when you make the reservation or later? Or perhaps it must be the time your flight arrives?
So far I'm considering between Al Najada, Grand Hyatt, Westin and IC The City. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.