Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Or maybe you were lucky, which does happen with hotels and is always a nice thing! Family members and I have combined at least 10 stays at Souq Waqif and sadly I don't think we have had a single upgrade to date!
Now you made me curious. So I checked the website and I apparently ended up in what is classified as a "deluxe room", but it actually turns out to be only 20 QAR more expensive than the standard rooms, so they didn't break the bank on my "upgrade".
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Not been loads but The IC in West Bay is a nicer hotel in my opinion (for lounging about, pools & beach) however disastrously it is not on the list for 2020 :-( which is a big shame as they afforded me lounge access even though the stays were part of the stopover programme.
The Crowne Plaza is, is this next door to the IC ? Never bothered looking !! What are people's feelings about the CP ?
I think the Intercontinental Doha was on the first iterations of the list, and clearly it would be the better choice of the ICs if you value a resort stay over a city stay. Pools, beach and lively if just-a-tad-seedy-in-a-classy-sort-of-way bars, beat the rather staid atmosphere of the IC City branch. Though having said that, IC the City is my go to hotel in Doha: the charms of the other hotel's Belgian Bar are only a short-ish Uber away.

The Crowne Plaza is an oddity. It's a very plush hotel, intended as another Intercontinental until they realised three in a tiny city would be just too weird. If you are a RA or even plain Ambassador it would be crazy to opt for the CP as they are rule-based in terms of access to the rather nice club lounge. The IC routinely treats QR stays as generously as it does paid ones.

Though i've got to say I don't really get this fretting over what are generally over night stays. Any of the big name places will give you a very comfortable stay, and if you have status with them they should give you the bells and whistles. Just avoid the Doubletree.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
They "enhanced" the booking process, bevor if you were traveling with a partner you could book a double room both ways by using only ONE E-Ticket nb for each booking.
Now one need to put in a different ETicket nb for each person per booking in that one reservation.
It's kinda weird since the room rate does not change (1or2pax) and it's without breakfast anyway.
I try booking for one person now and see what happens if we are checking in together.
It wasn't so much that I wanted to cheat the system, but traveling out with a friend on two different PNRs and he is returning alone at a different date, also with 12h+ layover and could have used his ticket nb than.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:42 pm

I have just noticed this also we have used the stopover program twice before, and you only needed 1 ticket number to book a room, so I would book the room on the outward journey and my partner would book the return.

I have just started to book the hotels for our trip in Feb and now they want ticket numbers for each passenger per stay, so we will only be able to book a hotel either on the outbound or inbound journey unless anyone knows if you can use the Eticket number twice now? I know before it was just for 1 use only.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
They "enhanced" the booking process, bevor if you were traveling with a partner you could book a double room both ways by using only ONE E-Ticket nb for each booking.
Now one need to put in a different ETicket nb for each person per booking in that one reservation.
It's kinda weird since the room rate does not change (1or2pax) and it's without breakfast anyway.
I try booking for one person now and see what happens if we are checking in together.
I would suggest checking with the hotel first, to make sure they won't have a problem, but I would think it would be OK.

The odd thing is that if you have two e-ticket numbers you can book two rooms, then ask the hotel to allocate connecting rooms to get a kind of two-bedroom two-bathroom suite. It seems silly for +Qatar to require one e-ticket number per person since it obviously takes twice as many hotel rooms if you book two rooms.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
I've done that a number of times. Not an eyelid was batted.

Though, of course, if QR is set on stamping out cohabitation and trickery, then they will likely sensitise hotels to the new regulations: so YMMV. However, I believe their motivation is administrative rather than a crackdown on rule-evasion.

Time will tell
Old Dec 18, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Have two layovers next year, traveling on honeymoon. Booked AA award ticket in J on QR. I don't think I could use this program for a paid/discounted hotel right?

Landing 5:40pm and departing 2:10am - booked in Biz. (8hrs) - thinking of just hanging out in

Landing at 9:25pm with a 7:50am departure - booked in biz. (10hrs)

What would you do? Imagine the 10hr layover might be worth going to a hotel for a little while. The Marriott Marquis? Westin? Have lots of Marriott points
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:24 am

In January I’ll have a 10-hour layover in Doha and will probably try the +Qatar program. I’m landing in Doha at 11.20pm on the 28th, so should I book the night of the 28th or the 29th as I’ll probably only arrive at the hotel after midnight?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
In January I’ll have a 10-hour layover in Doha and will probably try the +Qatar program. I’m landing in Doha at 11.20pm on the 28th, so should I book the night of the 28th or the 29th as I’ll probably only arrive at the hotel after midnight?
I think it is a minimum 12 hour between flights. Re hotel booking I believe that the date and time of your scheduled arrival is what you use and the 24 hrs begins from there.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
I think it is a minimum 12 hour between flights. Re hotel booking I believe that the date and time of your scheduled arrival is what you use and the 24 hrs begins from there.
Thanks for the info! Just managed to book a room at the Westin even though my layover is only 9h45mins. Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
Thanks for the info! Just managed to book a room at the Westin even though my layover is only 9h45mins. Fingers crossed.
Beware, I believe that there are reports of bookings going through then being cancelled for not meeting the criteria and the fee being retained.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Beware, I believe that there are reports of bookings going through then being cancelled for not meeting the criteria and the fee being retained.
Correct. In this very thread.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:37 am

We have a 4 night stopover in Doha in August, and are looking at options using the stopover program.

Got 2 young kids - so was hoping for something with a kids club/beach. I have read most of this thread and seems that most of the previous recommendations are no longer offered - Hilton, Grand Hyatt etc. It seems like my best option is the Westin - but keen to hear if anyone has other recommendations?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:18 pm

From what I gather, I can book at least two rooms for 3 people. Is that correct?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
two eyelids were batted when i checked in with two people on a one pax reservation at Souq Al Wakra Hotel in Dez.
He showed me the reservation was only for one .. (while at booking, the price was certainly the same for single or double occupancy)
nevertheless I used my most innocent smile and explained I must have an honest mistake.
He smiled and checked us in.
so, be careful out there from now on ....

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've done that a number of times. Not an eyelid was batted.

Though, of course, if QR is set on stamping out cohabitation and trickery, then they will likely sensitise hotels to the new regulations: so YMMV. However, I believe their motivation is administrative rather than a crackdown on rule-evasion.

Time will tell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.