Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Qatar Plat, Sinbad Silver.
When we stayed in January it was 250 QAR per person, we had the buffet lunch in one of the restaurants & steak sandwiches later ion in the central atrium. We still had plenty left over, we were there from 0800 until 2300hrs.
jackr27 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by jackr27
Probably was over-thinking, but would rather avoid problems on arrival.

As it happens, my return journey is actually valid for the free stopover packages as it is over the 12 hours and there was no earlier flight I could have taken.

On that note, the confirmation they sent me for this states that a meal voucher will be provided (Oryx Rotana). Any idea how much this will be for? Thanks for the help.
I'm fairly certain my intended itinerary should qualify for free stopover hotel (2 flights/day to PEK and 1 leaves 10 min after my inbound would arrive in DOH), but in case it doesn't, I should still be able to pay for a 1 night hotel stay at those advertised rates? I end up with a 16h transfer...
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by klanfa
I'm fairly certain my intended itinerary should qualify for free stopover hotel (2 flights/day to PEK and 1 leaves 10 min after my inbound would arrive in DOH), but in case it doesn't, I should still be able to pay for a 1 night hotel stay at those advertised rates? I end up with a 16h transfer...
For the free stopover, there needs to be no possible shorter connection, including taking a different inbound flight as well a different outbound one. But yes, if you don't qualify, then you can use the +Qatar program, pay the low price, and choose your hotel. You will also need to pay for and arrange your own transportation if the hotel doesn't offer it, but that's easy. (And of course you must be on a QR-issued ticket, but I assume that to be the case because it is for the free program as well.)
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:36 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
If two flights XXX-DOH and DOH-YYY are on two separate tickets, is it correct to say that you are not eligible for the free stopover and also not eligible to +Qatar for a hotel at reduced rate?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
If two flights XXX-DOH and DOH-YYY are on two separate tickets, is it correct to say that you are not eligible for the free stopover and also not eligible to +Qatar for a hotel at reduced rate?
That is true.
escape4 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
I've just spent two nights in Doha using the stopover programme - the princely sum of £45 a night at the Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels, with breakfast extra (a tad under £10). Not bad value, IMO.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I’m planning a 1 day stopover in November and am considering the Grand Hyatt as I’m Explorist there.

Couple of questions (I skimmed through the thread but didn’t see the answers)

Does the Grand Hyatt have a Club lounge? I still have some vouchers left
My travel agency tells me transfer to the hotel is not included. How much should I plan for the hotel transfers?
What is the best way to get around town? Taxis, Uber, walking?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:04 am

Sorry if already asked & answered.
The option to add a stop in Doha seems to disappear if I select multi-city.
It's only there when selecting a return flight.

Is that right?
Can I not setup a one night stopover when doing an openjaw?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Originally Posted by Chris0815
I’m planning a 1 day stopover in November and am considering the Grand Hyatt as I’m Explorist there.

My travel agency tells me transfer to the hotel is not included. How much should I plan for the hotel transfers?
Uber works well in Doha and is reasonably priced. Saves having to find a cash dispenser on arrival if you don't already have riyals. Last week, charge from the airport to my hotel in the Souq Waqif was QAR37 (GBP8.15).
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Aston100
Sorry if already asked & answered.
The option to add a stop in Doha seems to disappear if I select multi-city.
It's only there when selecting a return flight.

Is that right?
Can I not setup a one night stopover when doing an openjaw?
Try changing the date of the second flight from Doha by a day or two to see if you can get it to work. I've always had to force it to do this, but it's always worked in the end.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Chris0815

November will be a nice time of the year weather wise. Getting around will be easy. A mixture of taxis (regular metered or Uber), Metro and walking.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mapman
Uber works well in Doha and is reasonably priced. Saves having to find a cash dispenser on arrival if you don't already have riyals. Last week, charge from the airport to my hotel in the Souq Waqif was QAR37 (GBP8.15).
Is there a defined location for Uber pick ups at the airport or is it a free-for-all with all other pick-ups ? Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by petez
Is there a defined location for Uber pick ups at the airport or is it a free-for-all with all other pick-ups ? Thanks
An exit door to kerb-side (AKA "gate") is indicated. Gate 3 is the usual default, but you can change this. Gate 4, the furthest, can be less crowded. You can message the driver to confirm where you'll be. You need to keep your eyes peeled for your car's number plate.

The marshalls/security guys do a good job keeping the area clear-ish, allowing cars very little waiting time. So best not to book until you know you'll be ready. It's an awful long drive for your driver to get back round to the arrivals area.

Careem is an alternative sevice.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:33 am

Great - appreciated
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Deleted

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Sep 23, 2019 at 8:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.