Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Thank you. My dates are 27-29 June so it looks like I am in the holiday season. There are some 4 Star hotels so maybe I better take them while I can and give up on five star. Thank you for your help.

What I find interesting if I do two one day searches on my two days there I can get a lot more hotels, and the same five star hotel is available both individual days, it is just when I try to book a two day stay through Ultimate Qatar. So, the hotels are available but only as a one day stay, not two days.

Last edited by TonyBurr; May 22, 2017 at 5:03 am
Old May 22, 2017, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just spoke to a QR agent on the telephone who repeatedly assured me I was eligible to receive a transit hotel in the outbound direction (for a ten hour layover) and the free hotel under the "+Qatar" programme in the return direction (for a twenty-three hour layover). However, that seems to be at odds with what little information I can find on the subject the website. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I am travelling on a business class fare.

Edit:

The lady at QR phoned me back to say she'd given me the wrong advice. I am only eligible for a free hotel in one direction.

At least they admit to their mistakes quickly.

Last edited by Calchas; May 22, 2017 at 8:13 am
Old May 22, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

I have two closed friends that are flying through Doha next July with a 20hr layover because it was much cheaper than other combinations.
Traveling in Y.

I was considering to book for them a hotel and pay with my points but I saw this thread and I asked them to contact QR. They did so and on the phone they told them that they have to pay 130€/pp.

Is it correct or shall I tell them to try again?

Thanks for your advice!
Old May 22, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Hello,

I have two closed friends that are flying through Doha next July with a 20hr layover because it was much cheaper than other combinations.
Traveling in Y.

I was considering to book for them a hotel and pay with my points but I saw this thread and I asked them to contact QR. They did so and on the phone they told them that they have to pay 130€/pp.

Is it correct or shall I tell them to try again?

Thanks for your advice!
more4less before we can help you we need origin, destination, flight numbers and dates.

What explanation was given as to why they did not qualify for the free stopover package? Were they told what stopover package they were being offered?

The stopover package is only available online so calling QR probably means they were offered paid STPC. See the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post28311985 for details of STPC.

Since EUR130 is about USD 146 at the moment and allowing for exchange rate fluctuations It would appear that they were offered Paid STPC for J passengers.

To see if they qualify for the free stopover package follow the instructions on http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC.

It appears that discoverqatar are relaxing or not enforcing some of the rules so try and see if you can get the free stopover package.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by remdk
more4less before we can help you we need origin, destination, flight numbers and dates.

What explanation was given as to why they did not qualify for the free stopover package? Were they told what stopover package they were being offered?

The stopover package is only available online so calling QR probably means they were offered paid STPC. See the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post28311985 for details of STPC.

Since EUR130 is about USD 146 at the moment and allowing for exchange rate fluctuations It would appear that they were offered Paid STPC for J passengers.

To see if they qualify for the free stopover package follow the instructions on http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC.

It appears that discoverqatar are relaxing or not enforcing some of the rules so try and see if you can get the free stopover package.
Thanks very much remdk!

I will have a look to the links you have mentioned and try to get a clear idea before contacting QR.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Calchas
I just spoke to a QR agent on the telephone who repeatedly assured me I was eligible to receive a transit hotel in the outbound direction (for a ten hour layover) and the free hotel under the "+Qatar" programme in the return direction (for a twenty-three hour layover). However, that seems to be at odds with what little information I can find on the subject the website. Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I am travelling on a business class fare.

Edit:

The lady at QR phoned me back to say she'd given me the wrong advice. I am only eligible for a free hotel in one direction.

At least they admit to their mistakes quickly.
Read your post with interest - I have a trip booked for next January OSL-DOH-MLE with 72 hours in Doha outbound and 12 hours on return in J. Waiting to see what happens after this latest offer and see if any other possibilities come up. Will certainly read the Wiki in full too.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:41 am

Today I booked the Horizon Manor Hotel for 27-29 June. I received an immediate confirmation followed by an e-mail confirmation. I am booked in J and had hoped for a Five Star hotel but I felt I should just get a hotel at this point. The whole process worked very easy and well.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:42 am

I have been watching for new hotels but have not seen any come online. Today I booked the Horizon Manor Hotel for 27-29 June. I received an immediate confirmation followed by an e-mail confirmation. I am booked in J and had hoped for a Five Star hotel but I felt I should just get a hotel at this point. The whole process worked very easy and well.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:30 am

I have a confirmed booking CPH-DOH-BKK with 20 hours transit in doha on outward journey.I didn't book through qatarairways. Will I be eligible for +qatar free hotel for one night?

Last edited by Android.Zz; May 26, 2017 at 6:36 am
Old May 26, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Android.Zz
I have a confirmed booking CPH-DOH-BKK with 20 hours transit in doha on outward journey.I didn't book through qatarairways. Will I be eligible for +qatar free hotel for one night?
Android.Zz welcome to Flyertalk and especially the QR forum. If you want to look around the forum and discover the wealth of information there is to find here, you may find the dashboard a very useful tool.

I am afraid that I must disappoint you. One of the conditions for a +Qatar free stopover is booked online on the QR website.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Android.Zz
Android.Zz welcome to Flyertalk and especially the QR forum. If you want to look around the forum and discover the wealth of information there is to find here, you may find the dashboard a very useful tool.

I am afraid that I must disappoint you. One of the conditions for a +Qatar free stopover is booked online on the QR website.
Notwithstanding the rules and sage advice , I would advise you to follow the link, put in your booking reference number and see what happens.

You may be pleasantly surprised
Old May 26, 2017, 8:57 am

3544quebec since discoverqatar. seem to be very relaxed with regard to the rules of the promotion I could not agree more that it is worth a try. After all the worst that can happen is a NO!
Old May 26, 2017, 10:01 am

3544quebec since discoverqatar. seem to be very relaxed with regard to the rules of the promotion I could not agree more that it is worth a try. After all the worst that can happen is a NO!
Thanks alot for your good advice. I will definitely try my luck
Old May 26, 2017, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I can confirm that on the dates I watched before finalising my plans, some hotels disappeared but no new ones appeared! Makes sense as plans cannot be changed or cancelled with the offer.
Old May 27, 2017, 4:19 am

I know you cannot change or cancel the booked hotel with the two night Ultimate, but if a better hotel comes along can you do a second booking even though it means paying a second time? Do they allow two bookings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.