Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by steviewire
So the $50 two night stay (ultimate package) is not that clear in relation to cabin class and eligibility to select either 4 or 5* accommodation. Would there be anything stopping me booking 2 x 2 night stopovers at either end of a trip? That would mean applying for the free 96 hour visa twice. Or would that cause issues?
Thanks
steviewire the terms and conditions state that the offer is only available once per reservation (PNR).

The T and Cs for the 96 hour transit visa also only allow one application per reservation.

Also please remember that the conditions of the free stopover are not as strict as the 96 hour tourist visa and you could get caught out in those differences.

Look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28280564-post4.html
for further explanations.

Last edited by remdk; May 10, 2017 at 11:02 pm Reason: repaired broken link
Old May 7, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA
Thanks again rendk
Old May 10, 2017, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Hey guys, just booked a multi-city with a 19 hour stopover in Doha. The question now is, what hotel should I book (J pax 5* hotel)?
Old May 10, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Zolex
Hey guys, just booked a multi-city with a 19 hour stopover in Doha. The question now is, what hotel should I book (J pax 5* hotel)?
Zolex before anyone can help you we need to know the dates and the availability of the hotels. It would help if you said what you wanted as to type of hotel, City or desert etc.
Please remember the more specific you are the better the response.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by remdk
Zolex before anyone can help you we need to know the dates and the availability of the hotels. It would help if you said what you wanted as to type of hotel, City or desert etc.
Please remember the more specific you are the better the response.
Hey Remdk, lots of options! Staying 10-11 September. Ultimately I settled on the Shangri-La, convenient location (not too far from Souq Waqif) in the city center etc... I was considering staying on the Pearl first, but considering the heat during summer I decided to not to.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Zolex
Hey Remdk, lots of options! Staying 10-11 September. Ultimately I settled on the Shangri-La, convenient location (not too far from Souq Waqif) in the city center etc... I was considering staying on the Pearl first, but considering the heat during summer I decided to not to.
From the Shangri La you could walk to the Corniche and then walk down (or take a dhow) towards the Souq and MIA park. But only during the evening, in September it will be far too hot to walk during the day! The Shangri La (and Marriott Marquis) both have a direct connection to City Center Mall.
You can walk from the Hitlon and Four Seasons too which both have beaches and Four Seasons has Nobu which has a great roof top bar.
I had a stay cation at the Kempinski on the Pearl last year. Its a great hotel and even the standard rooms are very big. Nice restaurants and bars too. On the Pearl but not too much of a hassle to get taxis to and from the main attractions. Same for St. Regis.

From the premium list of hotels, I think about 6 of the 18 available are dry, whereas I think only two of the economy hotels are licensed.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just looking at this but there doesn't seem to be any hotels available when I search +Qatar Luxury for the end of June. I have factored in a two night stay with multi-city and its coming up at the same price but don't want to book and be left without a hotel.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
Just looking at this but there doesn't seem to be any hotels available when I search +Qatar Luxury for the end of June. I have factored in a two night stay with multi-city and its coming up at the same price but don't want to book and be left without a hotel.
That's probably because it will be Eid then and these are black out dates according to the terms and conditions.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Ben_W
That's probably because it will be Eid then and these are black out dates according to the terms and conditions.
I Emailed +Qatar about the blackout dates as there appeared to be hotels available over Eid and the surrounding 5 days and I received the following reply.

"thank you for your email

kindly note if system give you availability you can try and book it ."

Very ambiguous . You can TRY . It doesnt mean we will honour the booking but you can try
Old May 11, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by crombiestone
I Emailed +Qatar about the blackout dates as there appeared to be hotels available over Eid and the surrounding 5 days and I received the following reply.

"thank you for your email

kindly note if system give you availability you can try and book it ."

Very ambiguous . You can TRY . It doesnt mean we will honour the booking but you can try
I actually send them an e-mail about that just now, as my booking went through, I am wondering if they will honour it..

But apparently you can 'try'?

EDIT: Positive reply for booking date 26/06

Thank You for your email.

We are glad to inform you as per the below itinerary you are eligible for the +Qatar offer and Campaign benefits are available for transit passengers booking from 1 May to 31 August 2017 for their transit on flights travelling between 7 May and 30 September 2017 and booking is Confirmed. Kindly note you have to show their Discover Qatar booking voucher and boarding pass at the time of check-in. If the passenger has lost their boarding pass, they must provide their Qatar Airways e-ticket number to the hotel for validation.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Last edited by JasperT; May 11, 2017 at 6:09 am
Old May 11, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I imagine the Discover Qatar booking voucher is just a copy of the 'Your Discover Qatar Booking Confirmation' email with booking reference number?
Old May 11, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I imagine the Discover Qatar booking voucher is just a copy of the 'Your Discover Qatar Booking Confirmation' email with booking reference number?
Pretty sure, yeah
Old May 11, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ben_W
Thanks, you were right... I managed to sort it by booking it on the way out instead
Old May 12, 2017, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
On my date, Sharq, RC, Intercontinental, Wyndham, St Regis, and Oryx are available. I would prefer something relaxing and am tempted by the Sharq, is this a good choice?
Old May 12, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
How did I miss this!

We were denied the STPC because the Sake ticket was too cheap but if I would have known I could have had a hotel via this offer instead that would have been a much better way of passing the time!

Am I right in thinking though that anything below 24 hours is classed as Transit and therefore not included?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.