Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BAtoQatar
Hi

I seem to be having some problems with my refund (it seems my flight has been cancelled - it is not listed in Privilege Club any more) but I have not received anything about a refund.

I cancelled in a Qatar Airways office but was not given a reference or anything... Is this normal and when might I expect the refund to be paid?

Thanks in advance.
This is normal. The refund will have gone to DOH for processing, and after a few weeks you will get an email confirming the refund, with the money arriving a few days later. You won't hear anything on the meantime and this is entirely normal.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by qatarflyerfilipino
Sir Alex, I have already sent you a private message. I hope you could help me. Thanks for the response and thanks for this site for this kind of conversation.
Hi qatarflyerfilipino,

your ticket is being refunded.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA, Qatar Privilege
Originally Posted by House
This is normal. The refund will have gone to DOH for processing, and after a few weeks you will get an email confirming the refund, with the money arriving a few days later. You won't hear anything on the meantime and this is entirely normal.
Weird! Would be nice to get some sort of acknowledgement though!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:47 pm

Weird! Would be nice to get some sort of acknowledgement though!
Hi BAtoQatar,

got your information via private message. Will coordinate with my colleagues in Doha and expedite the refund.

Best regards,
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA, Qatar Privilege
Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi BAtoQatar,

got your information via private message. Will coordinate with my colleagues in Doha and expedite the refund.

Best regards,
Thanks very much!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:31 pm

Thanks very much!
Hi BAtoQatar,

I have sent email to you for more info, please follow the instruction for the refund and update me when you complete at your end.

Best regards,
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:39 am

Refund request p

I was trying to book ticket with QR cus the Internet was slow I didn't know that's the first one went tho already so I had to start over in the end may card charged twice and I got tow booking ref I sent refund request and I received confirmation that they will contact me in 5 working days now is 10 days since but still I haven't got an answer yet I don't know what to do next
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Joopuk
I was trying to book ticket with QR cus the Internet was slow I didn't know that's the first one went tho already so I had to start over in the end may card charged twice and I got tow booking ref I sent refund request and I received confirmation that they will contact me in 5 working days now is 10 days since but still I haven't got an answer yet I don't know what to do next
Well...start with buying a new keybord with dot and comma....easier to read your posts and increases the likelihood of someone helping you. Just a friendly welcoming advice...
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Joopuk
If the request has been sent then you will get your refund - it may take several weeks though, as the other posts here show.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
Well...start with buying a new keybord with dot and comma....easier to read your posts and increases the likelihood of someone helping you. Just a friendly welcoming advice...
^ +1
Totally agree. I really tried to understand what advice Joopuk is asking for.

But Joopuk - Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:16 am

Refund requested on Nov 26th - No response yet

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how much time it takes for a refund request to be completed? I had my flight booked for Nov30th. I called the Customer service and cancelled my tickets few days before the departure. I was told to file the refund request online which I did it on Nov 26th. Its been 12 business days since then and no one has updated the status or even bothered to keep me updated.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:43 pm

As explained in this thread it will take about 30 days. QR is not up to 21St century standards when it Congress to processing refunds or IT.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 6:44 pm

Angry

I submitted refund request online 10 days ago, no reply yet. Contacted Melbourne office, they said I have to contact Qatar main office directly, gave me some email address. No any replies to multiple emails! I start to worry as the flight date is approaching, don't want to pay 'no show'!

Ok, called Melbourne office again, they gave me the phone number for Qatar main office 974 44203015 (in Qatar obviously!).

Ok, called this number, cost me $120 just for the call because of half hour hold! Will see what happens now

Every time I call Melbourne office, I have to wait for half hour on hold, listening to "world number one airline" and "five star airline" B.S. which just makes me sick now about Qatar, doubt will ever fly Qatar again.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:31 am

Hi Alex,
hope you could help!
I submitted the form to cancell my flight which will take place in 27 hours. I'm not able to reach Qatarairways Moscow office as they are on vacation till 9th of January (public holidays). I'm afraid that I will be treated as "no show". My refund request number is 219322. Please help!!!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Maria Koroleva
Hi Alex,
hope you could help!
I submitted the form to cancell my flight which will take place in 27 hours. I'm not able to reach Qatarairways Moscow office as they are on vacation till 9th of January (public holidays). I'm afraid that I will be treated as "no show". My refund request number is 219322. Please help!!!
Hi Maria,

I have received your info and booking has been cancelled. The email confirmation is sent to your email address with further detail.

Best regards,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.