Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
I will fly with wife and 1 year old daughter from Asia to Europe. Both my wife and I are QRPC Plats and fly in business but we fly on upgraded tickets (ECO>BIZ to get rid of our QPoints). Due many schedule changes and cancellations I had to rebook our flight and our current booking class shows C (as I-Class wat not anymore available). Would be there any chances that I will be granted access to AS?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Yenakad
I will fly with wife and 1 year old daughter from Asia to Europe. Both my wife and I are QRPC Plats and fly in business but we fly on upgraded tickets (ECO>BIZ to get rid of our QPoints). Due many schedule changes and cancellations I had to rebook our flight and our current booking class shows C (as I-Class wat not anymore available). Would be there any chances that I will be granted access to AS?
The agents would be able to see the fare basis that you've originally booked thus you might not be admitted. Although it's worth a try as YMMV.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: OWE, *G
How strict is the 6 hours limit for paid admittance - do they come and find you nowadays?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by realgaga
No, only QRPC Plats ticketed in J class can get free AS access.
Does this apply to R fares as well? Tickets booked or upgraded with points?

thanks
Old Oct 1, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Denied access

I had purchased an R class ticket to DOH with an A class connection to DXB. The booking engine clearly stated that lounge access was included ( it was not the cheapest fare). Anyway the unfriendly person in the lounge denied me access and told me to go to Al Mourjan - I’m oneworld emerald.
I think this is quite upsetting.
Who’s right and who’s wrong.
Would appreciate some advice.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
All First tickets include access on departure so no idea why they didn’t let you in?! That is assuming you were looking to gain access on your connection immediately prior to travel to DXB. Wouldn’t apply on your way home in DOH.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Yes it was on my way to Dubai.
Got a response from the Customer Care that I had purchased a ”Family ticket” which is not correct. I bought a Classic R class.
Qatar is great in the air but ........ on the ground.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:35 am

10 hour layover

Hi, I have a 10 hour layover next week in Doha, JFK-DOH-HKG flying in C. Not sure if I will need a room to sleep as the JFK-DOH leg is an overnight flight. Is it worth paying up for the AS lounge for food/drinks alone, or better to spend that money in one of the restaurants outside (Armani/Harrod's?) and spend the rest of the time in AM? Want to treat myself before a 21 day quarantine in HKG. Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by bszeto
Hi, I have a 10 hour layover next week in Doha, JFK-DOH-HKG flying in C. Not sure if I will need a room to sleep as the JFK-DOH leg is an overnight flight. Is it worth paying up for the AS lounge for food/drinks alone, or better to spend that money in one of the restaurants outside (Armani/Harrod's?) and spend the rest of the time in AM? Want to treat myself before a 21 day quarantine in HKG. Thanks.
The food in Al Mourjan is pretty decent IMO, no need to pay for a restaurant or Al Safwa, but if you are between Al Safwa and a restaurant, the restaurant option might have better food and would be cheaper.
bszeto likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:04 pm

Hi All,

Not to make things more confusing, but I'm on my return leg of dxb-doh-ams on a business classic fair with the dxb-doh being first and to my shock I was let into the al safwa lounge.

After reading this thread I did head straight to the business lounge, the guy checking the tickets saw my first class inbound and said it'll be fine times have changed. I said my inbound was less then an hour and didn't it have to be longer and he said no it'll be fine so go there.

I pretty much repeated what he said to the guy checking people into Al safwa so I didn't look like someone trying to sneak in and he said it was fine and I could enter so maybe now shirt haul inbound does get you into Al safwa even if the main leg is business or I just got lucky?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by redmanmark86
Hi All,

Not to make things more confusing, but I'm on my return leg of dxb-doh-ams on a business classic fair with the dxb-doh being first and to my shock I was let into the al safwa lounge.

After reading this thread I did head straight to the business lounge, the guy checking the tickets saw my first class inbound and said it'll be fine times have changed. I said my inbound was less then an hour and didn't it have to be longer and he said no it'll be fine so go there.

I pretty much repeated what he said to the guy checking people into Al safwa so I didn't look like someone trying to sneak in and he said it was fine and I could enter so maybe now shirt haul inbound does get you into Al safwa even if the main leg is business or I just got lucky?
I f you have a business class ticket and you are on your return leg, your DOH to DXB flight would be regarded as First. So I would have assumed AS as the automatic lounge. Hope you enjoyed it! :-)
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I f you have a business class ticket and you are on your return leg, your DOH to DXB flight would be regarded as First. So I would have assumed AS as the automatic lounge. Hope you enjoyed it! :-)
According to the wiki and what I got of this thread as my dxb-doh is less then 6 hours and my business doh-ams is the bulk of my flight I should be granted access to Al Safwa and it should have only have been granted when I did ams-doh-dxb.

So maybe the rules have changed and all that matters now is that you have a first class ticket on any part?

And thank you, enjoying it much more as last time I only got like 45 minutes if that as my connevtion time was an hour and ten minutes.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Rule was (I thought) as you said, outbound stopover in AS and return win AM. Bit of a win if not (though I can see AS getting much busier)
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: Privilege Club - Platinum
What is the entry policy if you are flying on an award business/first ticket and are a QR platinum menber? Are you allowed access to the lounge?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alchemist007
What is the entry policy if you are flying on an award business/first ticket and are a QR platinum menber? Are you allowed access to the lounge?
Yes, you could access the Al Safwa Lounge on an award ticket in J or F as a QRPC Platinum.
Alchemist007 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.