Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by KingCanute
I suspect the poster meant La Grande Dame by Veuve Clicquot.

Very occasionally they have a few bottles of something really "wow" but LGD has been the main blanc champagne for several years. That's not to say it won't have changed by the time you travel of course...
Correct, it was La Grande Dame. 2008.
docsxx and KingCanute like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Hi All,

i have a partner award ticket (British airways - avios) on economy (Z) on qatar going to Muscat. Can i purchase access to Al-safwa?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by dood125
Hi All,

i have a partner award ticket (British airways - avios) on economy (Z) on qatar going to Muscat. Can i purchase access to Al-safwa?

Thanks!
Unfortunately you can't.
You must be flying on QR Business Class to purchase access into Al Safwa.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately you can't.
You must be flying on QR Business Class to purchase access into Al Safwa.
than you for the quick reply! Not a problem, is it possible for me to purchase the AM lounge access if need be?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by dood125
than you for the quick reply! Not a problem, is it possible for me to purchase the AM lounge access if need be?
You should be able to do so at the lounge entrance subject to capacity being available.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You should be able to do so at the lounge entrance subject to capacity being available.
brilliant, thank you!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
I'm flying in 2 weeks to Dammam through Doha. The flights to/from DMM are listed as first class. Does that get access to the Al Safwa lounge? Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by bwallet
I'm flying in 2 weeks to Dammam through Doha. The flights to/from DMM are listed as first class. Does that get access to the Al Safwa lounge? Thanks!
Those regional ME flights are marketed in F by QR so yes. Just curious which plane is that on? If its a 777 is it Q Suites or regional config?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by bwallet
So you are flying XXX-DOH-DMM and DMM-DOH-XXX?
When departing DOH-DMM you will have access to AS. Upon your return when arriving in DOH from DMM, you will not have access to AS; you will only have lounge access in DOH based upon your long haul flight departing DOH to XXX.
See the wiki in this thread.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Sorry for not being more specific, i thought you were only asking about en route to DMM as you said "to Damman through Doha.. But yes your return as noted above wont get you in to AS.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Those regional ME flights are marketed in F by QR so yes. Just curious which plane is that on? If its a 777 is it Q Suites or regional config?
It is a 787 for the regional flights.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
So you are flying XXX-DOH-DMM and DMM-DOH-XXX?
When departing DOH-DMM you will have access to AS. Upon your return when arriving in DOH from DMM, you will not have access to AS; you will only have lounge access in DOH based upon your long haul flight departing DOH to XXX.
See the wiki in this thread.
That's a bummer. The inbound layover is 4 hours while the return is 7 1/2 hours.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
The whole program

Good afternoon..
I have a qr promotion business ticket ber doh cpt in October and would like to know if that is acceptable to buy AL safwa entry?
Can I book this in advance or just walk up and hope they have space?
Does qr also offer a service to get picked up at the plane by car and get driven there?
How can I book that service?
Maybe a package?
Thnx for your support
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k
No luck with R fare

Was told by the lady at the front desk that my R fare business class ticket was not eligible for entry to AS, but since I'm OW sapphire, I could pay USD165 for a 6 hour entry. I'd have to pay double if I wanted to stay for another 6 hours. Moreover, it was around 630p when I visited and was told the next bedroom would be available at 1am.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by moarmiles
Was told by the lady at the front desk that my R fare business class ticket was not eligible for entry to AS, but since I'm OW sapphire, I could pay USD165 for a 6 hour entry. I'd have to pay double if I wanted to stay for another 6 hours. Moreover, it was around 630p when I visited and was told the next bedroom would be available at 1am.
Why did you think you would have access to Al Safwa?
asnovici likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.