Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
QR app says “paid access is available based on ticket eligibility”. I will be traveling in business on an AA issued award ticket. Anyone know if I will be able to purchase admission? Will be transiting DOH this coming week and Oryx is sold out. This would be a great replacement.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I think you need to be a Qatar Platinum to buy the entry?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by PresRDC
I'm in al-Safwa now. Buy-in option available. 600 QAR for 6 hours. I have a 12 hour layover and was able to pay 1200 QAR for the duration.
Would be good to know if they will allow paid access if you are on an R class booking.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I think you need to be a Qatar Platinum to buy the entry?
QRPC Platinum members and their two guests in Business Class ( except for those traveling on R fare class ) have access to Al Safwa for free.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Would be good to know if they will allow paid access if you are on an R class booking.
wondering this as well. Anyone know if R fare can buy into Al Safwa?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I'm in al-Safwa now. Buy-in option available. 600 QAR for 6 hours. I have a 12 hour layover and was able to pay 1200 QAR for the duration.
Can you let us know if they let you get a bedroom and if they actually enforced the 6 hours?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Can you let us know if they let you get a bedroom and if they actually enforced the 6 hours?
Yes, I was allowed to use the bedroom. In fact, they held one for me so it was available at my requested time (11 pm). I left a few minutes ahead of the 6 hour mark as I wanted to have breakfast, so I don't know if it was enforced. But, the guy at the service desk said it is not precise as some people stay "10-15 minutes" over the time. I would use that as a rough guide of the grace period you are allowed.

Question about the sleep room. Am I the only one who cannot get all the lights to turn off? There was one overhead light by the door that would not turn off. Thankfully it was not shining directly on me, but it was a slight annoyance. If this is a thing (and not my own incompetence), anyone who is light sensitive may want to bring an eye shade.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
I was going to ask if it was available on an R or U fare (if the ticket is issued by a partner airline) as I was leaving, but the front desk was swamped with people and I couldn't wait. Sorry.

Will try to ask on my return in 6-10 days (depends on how my meetings go).
crackjack and Neilgcal like this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also will note that the champagne is Veuve Cliquot Le Grande Dame 2008. The rose champagne was Laurent Perrier (did not get the year).
Old Sep 5, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I was going to ask if it was available on an R or U fare (if the ticket is issued by a partner airline) as I was leaving, but the front desk was swamped with people and I couldn't wait. Sorry.

Will try to ask on my return in 6-10 days (depends on how my meetings go).
Thanks PresRDC
Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sam Chui has the chutzpah to blag his way into anywhere ….. and when he gets there he's far to busy bigging himself to worry about details
Just denied at AS on an I fare to the USA as a OWE (AS and AA)
crackjack likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Just denied at AS on an I fare to the USA as a OWE (AS and AA)
Did you push it and ask for a supervisor? I would of definitely
Old Sep 6, 2021, 3:00 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
AS rules as I understand is only for First Class ticket holders and QRPC Platinum members holding Business Class ticket.
The latter only applicable to QRPC Platinum members and not all OWE's.
crackjack, plunet and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:30 am

Agreed, TalkingPoint seems to have, in light of the suggestions of a changed policy, been reconfirming the accuracy of the policy reflected on:
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/l...wa-lounge.html

In addition to First Class passengers, Privilege Club Platinum members travelling Business Class with Qatar Airways can now access Al Safwa First Class Lounge with up to two guest passes.

DeepUnderground did the same as well, so two corroborating experiences.

Al Safwa desk staff must be wondering why all these OWEs are showing up all of a sudden…
SullyofDoha and kl1987 like this.

Last edited by crackjack; Sep 6, 2021 at 4:42 am
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by kl1987
AS...is only for First Class ticket holders and QRPC Platinum members holding Business Class ticket.
The latter only applicable to QRPC Platinum members and not all OWE's.
In other words, entitled gets you in, but entitlement doesn't. Cash may do also.
kl1987 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.