Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2022, 9:28 am

I have a long layover coming up and want to check to see if I'll get access to AS.

AA award travel (001 ticket) MLE>DOH>AMM>FCO.
MLE>DOH leg is in First(Z) on QR metal
DOH>AMM>FCO legs are on Royal Jordanian in Business (U)

From what I've gathered, the QR flight should get me in but wasn't sure if AA redemption or RJ metal will prevent me. If I am denied, does RJ business (one world) get into Al Mourjan?

Last edited by Patinum; Oct 10, 2022 at 10:15 am
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Anecdotally, QR has been providing AS access to incoming F on any flight length since AS reopened
Confirming that this has been my experience. No issue accessing AS on a couple of RUH-DOH booked in F, connecting onto DOH-LHR in business (J or C).
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:13 am

I've received a few handy tips on these forums so I thought I'd sign up and contribute.

I recall seeing a post mentioning that QRPC Plats with QR J award tickets from other airlines do not get AS access. FWIW I redeemed by Qantas points to get a ticket and attached my QRPC number to the booking. No issues getting in :⁠-⁠) Alas I never exploit their facilities to the max.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
If I am a Plat PC member, travelling on a cash J fare, so will have AS access. I have someone travelling with me in confirmed Business class using my miles (not upgrade, but full business mileage from my qatar points) do they get access?

Rules seems to state, "When travelling in Business Class with Qatar Airways, enjoy our exclusive Al Safwa First Class lounge, with up to two guests - Member and guest should be flying on Business Class Ticket on Qatar Airways." It mentions nothing about guests must be on a revenue ticket, and I assume they say "ticket" to exclude operational upgrades etc?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Hi everyone, are there proper rest areas in business lounge at Hamad? Also my first leg is in first but onward journey is in business, can I still access first class lounge?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:31 pm

Yes to first question and depends on how long the first leg is in F (see replies earlier in the thread you will find your answer, asked multiple times)
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by Ebitdaking
Yes to first question and depends on how long the first leg is in F (see replies earlier in the thread you will find your answer, asked multiple times)
thank you!! unfortunately or fortunately its 22 hours layover and first leg is approx. 7 hours (BKK-DOH)
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ebitdaking
You might want to re-read those earlier posts ….
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Also my first leg is in first but onward journey is in business, can I still access first class lounge?
yes you can, in the last 2 months I visited Al Safwa multiple times on flights to DXB and arriving from DXB.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: AC SE
no la grande dame anymore
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
no la grande dame anymore
oh no! What’s the substitute?
yrtrvl likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by donalduckn
Was worried bc of 7 people in front of me and P2, all got turned away except one person. We showed our first class ticket in front of our business class ticket and after 5 minutes of the front desk staff making a call and doing lots of typing, we were allowed in. Everyone else along the way, the check in agent, the FAs on the flight, and the transit agents all said we would only have access to the J class lounge. Glad this forum knew better than they did.
same here we were F Syd-doh and J to ath after a bit of typing we gained entry. On return we got 6 hrs in the sleeper rooms ,made a huge difference to the trip
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by Nizar
How much is paid entry into Al-Safwa again on a revenue QR J ticket ?
Considering it for a 9h 25m overnight layover
And is this type of entry into Al-Safwa capacity controlled at all ?
Any chance all sleeper rooms would be taken if by the time I arrive in the lounge it'll be close to midnight ? Or is just roll of the dice ?
Thanks
we arrived at 10 and got a room at 1.45 till 8 am seems you can usually get one
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by seanp7
oh no! What’s the substitute?
Seems like the regular Laurent Perrier NV and Charles Heidsieck 2005.

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by aussielori
we arrived at 10 and got a room at 1.45 till 8 am seems you can usually get one

The easing of entry rules together with the decision to allow paid entry mean there is very high demand at peak times for a very limited supply of rooms.

You were fortunate: but it's maybe unwise to promote the availability of accommodation based on the strength of that isolated good fortune.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.