Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by salehir
I am flying into DOH in Eco and flying out DOH on BA in J. I am QR Plat and was wondering if i would be allowed in Al Safwa or is it only if flying on QR Metal?
It has to be J on QR metal.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by salehir
I am flying into DOH in Eco and flying out DOH on BA in J. I am QR Plat and was wondering if i would be allowed in Al Safwa or is it only if flying on QR Metal?
Originally Posted by realgaga
It has to be J on QR metal.
QR Plat in BA J would be Al Mourjan.
As realgaga mentioned, to benefit from the Al Safwa access perk when flying Business, you would need to fly QR.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, AF Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
We‘ll be flying DOH - SFO on QR in J (J fare class) but the ticket was issued by AA (rebooked) would we be able to pay for access to AS?
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CH_flyer
We‘ll be flying DOH - SFO on QR in J (J fare class) but the ticket was issued by AA (rebooked) would we be able to pay for access to AS?
Yes you could.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Qatar Platinum, Virgin Australia Platinum, BA Gold
Does fare bucket P (business lite) as a Qatar Platinum member get you access?
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjl161
Does fare bucket P (business lite) as a Qatar Platinum member get you access?
The answer is no. You would be directed to the First Class status lounge if it's open or Al Mourjan if the status lounges are closed.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:56 am

Programs: Delta SM
What bubbles are they serving these days?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Originally Posted by ruby&carlos
What bubbles are they serving these days?
In November it was Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2008 and Laurent Perrier Rose.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:07 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Andrew35K
In November it was Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2008 and Laurent Perrier Rose.
same on 5th of December
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:11 am

Isn’t is basically always or in recent years been La grande dame an LP rose? They could definitely upgrade to better ones but that’s always been the offering from what I recall
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:52 pm

I am flying ZRH - BKK in Business on Qatar toay.

i used the option to buy access to the first class lounge in the app.

However, the receipt shows BKK - ZRH now.

did i make a mistake or is that normal?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:20 am

Anyone know when are the “peak” times for this lounge? More like when are the private sleeping rooms more likely to be empty?

also, when it comes to food/drink…is there also a “pause” like in AM at 4 am when they don’t serve things for an hour or so?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have purchased access to Al Safwa having experienced how busy AM is in the early morning in the last couple of weeks. I was trying to find info on the shower situation in AS but was unable to. Are the only showers located inside the sleeping rooms? The idea behind booking AS in advance was to stay away from the madness that is AM in the mornings right now and also get to shower before boarding my long long flight to the US.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by avneeshj
I have purchased access to Al Safwa having experienced how busy AM is in the early morning in the last couple of weeks. I was trying to find info on the shower situation in AS but was unable to. Are the only showers located inside the sleeping rooms? The idea behind booking AS in advance was to stay away from the madness that is AM in the mornings right now and also get to shower before boarding my long long flight to the US.
You don't have to be in the sleeping room to get a shower. They have showers in the spa area. It shouldn't be that busy.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 1:35 pm

I'll probably check in on this in a couple weeks when it is more relevant, but are they still allowing regional F --> J connections free access to AS? Asking as Mom is flying CAI-DOH-US in J (A and D fare classes) early next month and I was going to purchase her a pass to AS as a Christmas gift, but don't want to do that if she gets in free regardless . If she is denied access, can she purchase it at the lounge?

Either way, is there a page on the official website that states the access policy (either this or the prior restrictions)? I could have sworn I saw it somewhere on there but I cannot find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.