Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:24 pm

I have no idea about where it might be in writing, but I tried it last weekend and it was no problem (QR F connecting to QR J, in a GCC to US connection). I just showed both boarding passes at the person manning the escalator to Al Safwa and they let me right up.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Good to know. Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by arabiamark
You don't have to be in the sleeping room to get a shower. They have showers in the spa area. It shouldn't be that busy.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 5:49 am

Hi, I'm a bit confused after the latest changes that happened again with regards to the booking classes and the first class lounge access as a Platinum member. If I have a connecting flight in DOH in business class but a layover of 9 hours am I allowed to enter the First Class Lounge as a platinum member if my booking class is R?
Old Dec 25, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by chrisbangkok
Hi, I'm a bit confused after the latest changes that happened again with regards to the booking classes and the first class lounge access as a Platinum member. If I have a connecting flight in DOH in business class but a layover of 9 hours am I allowed to enter the First Class Lounge as a platinum member if my booking class is R?
You'll have access to Al Safwa First as a QRPC Plat flying on a R fare.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by realgaga
You'll have access to Al Safwa First as a QRPC Plat flying on a R fare.
Thanks for clarifying. Because a few weeks back (September was it I guess) I got access denied because of my booking class but after that rules seems to have changed again. That's good because the sleeping options a much better in Al Safa compared to the Al Mourjan lounge.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
Great experience, wife and I travelled together with infant daughter on upgraded Eco>Biz tickets (with QPoints) from Asia to Europe. As it was our first long-haul trip with an infant I booked the free Al Maha transfer service in Doha for Platinum members (both my wife and I are Platinums). After transit screening the agent asked if we want to go to Al Mourjan and Al Safa. I mention I am not sure if we are entitled for Al Safa. She told us to wait in front of the escalator while she went upstairs to check. Took a while and she came back and we went upstairs. Again waiting a moment at the reception, got our stamped boarding passes and headed for breakfast. Wonderful service and super helpful with our daughter. Flying back in January, will try again and see if we are admitted again. I realized while waiting at the reception that the checking for other people took quite a while. Really hope to get back again.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hey all. Does anyone know if a qrpc platinum flying on a P-class (business lite) ticket will have access to al safwa if they pay for lounge access? From what I gather, p fares can pay an extra sum to access Al mourjan, and as a qrpc plat, folks with Al mourjan access should get Al safwa access, right? I ask because I’m about to book a trip where the lite fare is nearly $800 cheaper than the classic fare so doesn’t really make sense to me to pay $800 more if one can pay significantly less and still access the AS lounge!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 9:07 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hi All, I'm flying in J through DOH next month (R class fare). My understanding is that I have access to Al Mourjan lounge if the QR Oneworld J lounge is still temporarily closed - is this correct?

Further to this, if I'm BA Gold status - that doesn't by any chance mean I can access Al Safwa does it? I ask this because the QR Oneworld F lounge is ALSO still temporarily closed now. In any case, I can see that when I looked at Lounge options in MMB, it said Al Safwa access is currently 122 Euros - is it me or is that slightly cheaper than normal costs?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All, I'm flying in J through DOH next month (R class fare). My understanding is that I have access to Al Mourjan lounge if the QR Oneworld J lounge is still temporarily closed - is this correct?

Further to this, if I'm BA Gold status - that doesn't by any chance mean I can access Al Safwa does it? I ask this because the QR Oneworld F lounge is ALSO still temporarily closed now. In any case, I can see that when I looked at Lounge options in MMB, it said Al Safwa access is currently 122 Euros - is it me or is that slightly cheaper than normal costs?
You'll have access to the Al Mourjan for the reasons stated.

M
HB7 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:26 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
You'll have access to the Al Mourjan for the reasons stated.

M
Thanks M
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Qatar Gold
Seeing some conflicting reports. If I have a flight upgraded to business (with Q Credits) MAN-RUH and the DOH-RUH segment is first will I be allowed entry? Or will I be able to pay for entry if not?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by pifly
Seeing some conflicting reports. If I have a flight upgraded to business (with Q Credits) MAN-RUH and the DOH-RUH segment is first will I be allowed entry? Or will I be able to pay for entry if not?
Is the DOH-RUH sector upgraded?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Qatar Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
Is the DOH-RUH sector upgraded?
Yes but into F as there is no Business DOH-RUH, with QCredits.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by pifly
Yes but into F as there is no Business DOH-RUH, with QCredits.
You won't be allowed entry into Al Safwa based on your ticket as upgraded tickets don't qualify for lounge access. You may be able to access a lounge with your FFP status if you're at least QR silver or OWS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.