Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Would it be advisable as a gesture of decency that I make the effort to cancel my outbound STPC reservation or is it not a big deal if I don’t show up to claim it. My plans have changed and decided to opt for the +Qatar offer, just don’t want Qatar or anyone to have to burden the cost of me not showing up.
Not sure if this is still relevant. I did the STPC recently and having picked up the paperwork at the transfer desk decided to have dinner with friends before heading to the hotel. I had a look for the shuttle driver at the airport to say I wasn't coming but couldn't see him so jumped in a cab. When I got to the hotel about five hours later I apologised for being late and that I hoped the driver hadn't been inconvenienced. The desk clerk said not to worry about it as they often don't know if the QR rooms will be used or not and they hadn't been told I was coming so it wasn't like they were expecting me and thus why I hadn't seen the driver. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It did leave me wondering if there is an implication for not turning up at the hotel at all as I could have easily just hung on at my friends place before returning to the airport but of course on the way through immigration the hotel form is stamped so maybe it's as well to go to the hotel at some point.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:55 am

Booking class eligibility

I cannot update the wiki myself, but would it be work adding this table from https://www.ccra.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/STPC-Policy-update-Effective-01-Feb-2015-Trade.pdf.

I appreciate it does date from 2015 but as far as I can tell, it appears to match what others are saying.

Cabin Ticketed RBD STPC eligibility
Economy X, O, T, Q STPC via payment of charges
Economy N and above Complimentary STPC
Business U STPC via payment of charges
Business I and above Complimentary STPC
First Z STPC via payment of charges
First A and above Complimentary STPC
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sorry for cross-posting -- somehow this thread didn't show up when I searched previously.

I'm booked SYD-DOH-ARN (this is a return leg) on the QSuites 777 flight 1625-2330 from SYD, and then onwards at 0800 to ARN. I called in today to confirm the STPC, but they told me that I don't qualify because there is a different flight out of SYD (the 2100-0500 A380 flight). That seems bizarre to me, because they're essentially saying you only get STPC if there is no possible routing from your origin to destination that provides for a sub-8-hour stopover in DOH. Is that really the intent or should I be calling again?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by cricketer
.......they're essentially saying you only get STPC if there is no possible routing from your origin to destination that provides for a sub-8-hour stopover in DOH.
Yup. You got it.

I'm guessing the rule is in place to avoid the scenario where longer connections are intentionally booked to generate a hotel stay. A refreshing 20 hour break with meals, pool and gym would be attractive to many travelling through Doha.

You can still get the break by following the rules for +Qatar.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/offers/plus-qatar.html
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:04 am

Is this available on award bookings? I have an 11 hr layover in DOH, in between MLE>DOH>ORD, all flights are on QR booked in Business, but as an AAdvantage award. Can I still try to get this benefit?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Guys I am considering booking a flight TUN-MEL as a QR F revenue fare, this gets into (QR1400) DOH at about midnight and the flight to MEL (QR904) doesn't depart until 9pm meaning I would have a ~21 hour layover.
As both as of these frequencies are once a day is there any way that QR can get out of offering the hotel ?
What sort of hotels are offered for F pax ?
Will this be a painless experience or will it be a fight and battle and require alot of follow up etc ?
A free hotel is nice but at the end of the day, I want an easy life lol
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Nizar
Guys I am considering booking a flight TUN-MEL as a QR F revenue fare, this gets into (QR1400) DOH at about midnight and the flight to MEL (QR904) doesn't depart until 9pm meaning I would have a ~21 hour layover.
As both as of these frequencies are once a day is there any way that QR can get out of offering the hotel ?
What sort of hotels are offered for F pax ?
Will this be a painless experience or will it be a fight and battle and require alot of follow up etc ?
A free hotel is nice but at the end of the day, I want an easy life lol
If it's only one possible departure on that day with that wait, they will be fine for STPC. In all likelihood, they will put you up in the Oryx Rotana unless you would require a visa in which case they may put you up in the airport hotel instead, but for 21 hours, I'd personally prefer to be out. If your stay is before 31/12 you could choose the Qatar+ offer instead which would give you a bigger choice of hotel (but no transfer and no meals unlike STPC).
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:44 am
Suspended

EDI-DOH-PEN, QR operated with BA flight numbers

I'm booked EDI-DOH-PEN on a QR operated but BA flight numbers / ticket stock with an 8hr 15min connection in DOH. Any idea if this qualifies for STPC? I've tried calling the local service center but having trouble getting through.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by absoluy
I'm booked EDI-DOH-PEN on a QR operated but BA flight numbers / ticket stock with an 8hr 15min connection in DOH. Any idea if this qualifies for STPC? I've tried calling the local service center but having trouble getting through.
I managed to get through and it seems like QR operated, non-QR coded flights aren't an issue but my ticket didn't meet the $400 fare+YQ minimum so I'm not eligible.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by absoluy
I managed to get through and it seems like QR operated, non-QR coded flights aren't an issue but my ticket didn't meet the $400 fare+YQ minimum so I'm not eligible.
Figured I would give it a shot at the transit desk when I arrived and they said that only QR marketed tickets are eligible (after spending ~5 minutes in a back room checking with supervisors).
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AA PPro
Doesn't look like this is available in 2019. Booking dates only go to dec 21, 2018.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by tfizzle
Doesn't look like this is available in 2019. Booking dates only go to dec 21, 2018.
STPC doesn't have any end dates - it's an ongoing thing. Do you mean the Qatar Stopover program instead?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Is the "Directional ticket value" for STPC calculated per booking (PNR) or per person travelling on that PNR?

Last edited by toz100; Nov 28, 2018 at 3:08 pm Reason: amendment
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Sorry, I have been all over the wiki and still can't find the direct instructions, is there a link that someone can post to show.

I do have a an 8+ layover on a bus ticket.

thanks
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by tfizzle
Sorry, I have been all over the wiki and still can't find the direct instructions, is there a link that someone can post to show.

I do have a an 8+ layover on a bus ticket.

thanks
You just need to call them up, numbers for your local office are on the QR website.
tfizzle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.